Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 07:04:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327352 Posts in 13404 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 385819 times)
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3450 on: July 31, 2012, 12:08:46 AM »

Finished D Siege 3, great game and would buy 4 if it ever gets released. Now moving to old stock and this time JRPG, Last remnant finally get's a go and I can handle the graphical mess on the 360. Looks like and ambitious title, we'll see
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3451 on: July 31, 2012, 12:25:00 AM »

Finished D Siege 3, great game and would buy 4 if it ever gets released. Now moving to old stock and this time JRPG, Last remnant finally get's a go and I can handle the graphical mess on the 360. Looks like and ambitious title, we'll see

360 ? Oh man... not to disappoint you but the version on PC is playable, 360 is a huge mess.
You should go read a guide early or else you'll probably find it impossible to finish the game (read about BR scaling)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3452 on: July 31, 2012, 01:58:56 AM »

A shame that The Last Remnant never appeared on PS3. SE still has listed the game as "TBA" on their website for some reason.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3453 on: July 31, 2012, 02:00:24 AM »

Deus Ex: HR is going to take me forever. I love exploring different paths in this.

A joy to level up here as well!
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3454 on: July 31, 2012, 07:13:02 AM »

Did a ****ton of hunts and bazaar grinding in FF XII and got strong enough to survive in the Necrohol.  Now I have an Ultima Weapon, a Perseus Bow, a Fomalhault, the Zodiac Spear, and some armor that's better than everything sold in shops.  Off to Giruvegan. 

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3455 on: July 31, 2012, 03:30:54 PM »

Got KH3D

Maaan, Haley Joel Osment hit adulthood like a brick wall, what happened to his voice?  Must be the drinking.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3456 on: July 31, 2012, 06:51:45 PM »

Finished L.A. Noire and I must say that was simply an awesome game, graphics were awesome, gameplay solid and the ambiance was incredible! Now...hmmm... now what...time to give FFXIII another go or kill some zombies in Dead Island? I have a feeling one of the two will prevail but I may surprise myself and do something else altogether.

Everything's Eventual
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3457 on: July 31, 2012, 07:16:22 PM »

It's a pretty atmospheric night so it's been excellent for some Fatal Frame 2. However, I'm surprised how tame it is, especially compared to the first one. Could be that it has a more colourful colour palette, presence of a secondary character as well as less random ghosts (at least so far). Currently up to Chapter 4 I think. I do like it though, it's a beautifully told folk horror at it's best and I'm a sucker for those, especially when they involve Shinto-Buddhist rituals and whatnot in backwater Japan :).

Also pushed forward with God of War. It's my first time and I'm playing it on Hard, so there's been plenty of game over screens. Currently at the cliffs seeking that Pandora's Box. I like how they've captured the tone of the era, or shall I say the tone of the era as has been recorded in various classic plays. Playing on Hard makes it less button-smashy as well in my opinion, however, more often then not I'm only using a few moves since going for a long combo with majority of enemies can lead to a bloody end for Kratos.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3458 on: July 31, 2012, 08:03:13 PM »

Fuck Worms Reloaded.  What a unmitigated piece of shit.  Nerf fun game mechanics from previous games into the fucking ground so badly that it's not even fun.  It's not a wonder at all that people are still playing Worms 2 which was released in 1997.  Better UI and far better gameplay.  The only fun to be had in Worms Reloaded is multiplayer (maaaybe) or playing against yourself on custom Fort / B&G maps because if you play against the AI they will just summon the combined powers of Magic Johnson, Michael Jordon, Wilt Chamberlain, and the entire fucking Harlem Globetrotters to somehow ping a grenade off 5 objects and land perfectly beside you.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3459 on: July 31, 2012, 08:13:01 PM »

I'm still kicking myself for selling Worms Armageddon on PSX.

Endless amount of fun had on that in the dorms.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3460 on: July 31, 2012, 10:41:57 PM »

360 ? Oh man... not to disappoint you but the version on PC is playable, 360 is a huge mess.
You should go read a guide early or else you'll probably find it impossible to finish the game (read about BR scaling)

the opening sequence and 1st battle is a real mess, after installing on the HDD it's actually playing quite well. I've had a little over 4 hours and no major problems yet. I hear what you're saying though, the general reviews haven't been so kind and the framerate can get tedious. All I have to say about last remnant is you really need focus on the initial training if you play it on the 360, and install this sucker on your hdd
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3461 on: August 02, 2012, 02:24:23 PM »

Kingdom Hearts 3D

+ Battle system
+ Graphics (extra points for 3D just being cool)
+ Music
+ Card Flick game
+ Tons of mechanics
+ Surprisingly monsters

- Dropping (really?  If you get caught in a boss battle, it resets the boss battle; worse is you fight them same boss between Sora and Riku)
- The time limit associated with Dropping
- Camera sucks dick, made worse when you're zipping around with flow motion
- Story of course.  Nonsense jibberish.

...I've become waay more handheld oriented these days than actual console gaming. I now know how PC gamers feel?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3462 on: August 02, 2012, 04:16:24 PM »

I now know how PC gamers feel?

You have to act like an asshole everyday on forums and give technical reason why you hate console games for that.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3463 on: August 02, 2012, 04:37:58 PM »

Super Monday Night Combat. Its a MOBA and a third person shooter rolled into one.
Also worth mentioning that its free to play (you can download it through Steam) without the common "pay to win" bs.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 04:40:18 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3464 on: August 02, 2012, 06:03:14 PM »

I saw MOBA and was like YAY

and then I saw shooter and I was like, aw. :(

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »