Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 10:12:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319144 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 357302 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3465 on: August 02, 2012, 06:35:41 PM »

I now know how PC gamers feel?

You have to act like an asshole everyday on forums and give technical reason why you hate console games for that.

Love. x)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3466 on: August 02, 2012, 10:29:49 PM »

I now know how PC gamers feel?

You have to act like an asshole everyday on forums and give technical reason why you hate console games for that.

Zing!!! Such fond memories of Neo Geo forums return

Ok, 1st boss battle on Last Remnant wiped my party out. What seems like a simple battle system at 1st is actually quite well thought out and in the end rewarding. This is one of those jrpg's where you'll do better searching for everyhthing, I think it would be a challenge to simply follow the main quests
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3467 on: August 03, 2012, 08:52:59 AM »

Made it to a boss battle in Deus X a few days ago.

I hammered that sucker with rockets and grenades and yet he came at me bro like the terminator.

A very big bummer. Any tips for the 1st boss?

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3468 on: August 03, 2012, 09:21:16 AM »

I got "mad" at the SMT games I was playing (more like not feeling like fucking around, trying to create new teams, etc.) so I started up a new game of Pokemon White. The first time I played, I chose the fire starter, which made the first four gyms fairly simple. This time, I chose the water starter and I have actually needed to train the other pokemon so far. I'm also trying to use a different team than the first time I played to avoid de ja vu. Anyway, I'm still leveling up some Pokemon before I take on the fourth gym leader.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3469 on: August 03, 2012, 12:23:45 PM »

A very big bummer. Any tips for the 1st boss?

I think in a lot of ways the first boss is the most annoying of them all.  There's just not enough cover or room to maneuver.  Since I was going all stealth/social at that point I didn't really have any good way of dealing with him.  I think I just hid in a corner, tossed grenades and shit and prayed.

I do remember reading after the fact that you can take him out with just the stun gun, though.  Apparently he gets stunned for almost as long as it takes to reload so you can just pump dart after dart into him.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: August 03, 2012, 02:03:41 PM »

I built Jensen for combat and I STILL had trouble with Barrett. Stun guns were mentioned, and I also tossed EMP grenades if I had 'em since they stun him too, and wailed on him. Took me so many tries though.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3471 on: August 03, 2012, 03:11:52 PM »

I don't know. I fought him just now and kicked his ass. One rocket, one missed. Two grenades and some hits from the combat rifle and he was down.

I guess I was too drunk last time.

--------------------

Can't believe i had DE: HR for about a year and just now am getting into it.

Such a joy to play. I might do a totally non-lethal replay after I'm done w/ this. I'm doing a stealth play but I'm not affraid to kill a fool. The gunplay is surprisingly fun too.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 11:31:26 PM by Yoda » Logged

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3472 on: August 04, 2012, 02:41:22 AM »

I got "mad" at the SMT games I was playing (more like not feeling like fucking around, trying to create new teams, etc.) so I started up a new game of Pokemon White. The first time I played, I chose the fire starter, which made the first four gyms fairly simple. This time, I chose the water starter and I have actually needed to train the other pokemon so far. I'm also trying to use a different team than the first time I played to avoid de ja vu. Anyway, I'm still leveling up some Pokemon before I take on the fourth gym leader.

I don't usually play pokemon games, but when I do, I prefer fire-type starters. Stay Poke my friends.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3473 on: August 04, 2012, 02:50:52 AM »

@Yoda: Try doing this in DX:HR -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y414Q7vVgYU
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3474 on: August 04, 2012, 07:57:13 PM »

@Yoda: Try doing this in DX:HR -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y414Q7vVgYU

@Yoda: Or this -- http://www.tippingforties.com/videos.aspx?key=541

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3475 on: August 04, 2012, 08:00:34 PM »

That last one is pretty fucking epic.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3476 on: August 05, 2012, 07:43:29 AM »

Beat one of the meteor bosses in FFV using a geomancer + haste/slow spam. Goddammit I like this game.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3477 on: August 05, 2012, 05:19:33 PM »

I LOVE FF V geomancers.  Terrain! is one of the most underrated skills in the game. 

Currently browsing through a bunch of DS games I downloaded, most of them out-of-region.  Inazuma Eleven seems to have piracy protection, though.... :*(

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3478 on: August 05, 2012, 05:26:00 PM »

Fancy that.

Anyhoo, I've been playing more Civ 5. It makes my laptop very toasty, I'm pretty sure I have burns on my knees because of it.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3479 on: August 05, 2012, 07:36:49 PM »

Fancy that.

Anyhoo, I've been playing more Civ 5. It makes my laptop very toasty, I'm pretty sure I have burns on my knees because of it.

Star do you ever have your laptop a little to close to your groin region and the heat from it makes you... joyful.

That's always awkward. Cause like maybe you're working on spreadsheets or math or something and then someone walks in and you're... joyful, and looking at spreadsheets, and then they just think you have the most goddamn boring fetish in the world.

Or maybe they're into it and come in wearing a MS Office 2010 box and... nothing else.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: