Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 07:20:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319201 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 358092 times)
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3495 on: August 08, 2012, 12:36:49 AM »

My Last Remnant team is shaping up well, I like the fact that your team members make suggestions each time you leave an area. I think this is a great JRPG that should reach a wider audience by releasing a PS3/English version
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3496 on: August 08, 2012, 01:03:13 AM »

My Last Remnant team is shaping up well, I like the fact that your team members make suggestions each time you leave an area. I think this is a great JRPG that should reach a wider audience by releasing a PS3/English version

Fun fact: There is no PS3 version, and there never will be a PS3 version.

There's no need for one anyways considering that it would have to be gimped like the 360 version was and that the PC version is already on Steam. Also it's a SaGa game in disguise and that means Squeenix literally gives zero fucks about it (despite the nonsensical plot Squeenix's fanfic writers would love to cobble into yet another one of their sweeping epics involving paradoxes and retarded goddesses that have to make everything as circuitous as humanly possible).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3497 on: August 08, 2012, 10:12:15 AM »

Finished Arkham Asylum last night.
Code:
I was expecting to go through another area to get to the Joker. It all happened so fast!  I thought the last fight was kind of lame. I figured they would have done something more unique with the Joker fight. Plus the ending was so darn short!
I loved the game, overall. Even though I generally suck at sneaking in games, I enjoyed it here. I'll definitely play Arkham city in the future.
I'm not sure what I want to play next. Xenoblade is staring at me, but I hesitate due to the time needed. It will take me forEVER to get through a game this big. I suppose that shouldn't matter as long as I'm enjoying it. I might just play some Ys Origin for now. Plenty of other games out there I still want to play.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 02:22:00 PM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3498 on: August 08, 2012, 02:01:31 PM »

How hard is to get the Platinum trophy in Catherine?
Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3499 on: August 08, 2012, 04:59:38 PM »

With assistance from Youtube Platinum guides? Moderate.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3500 on: August 08, 2012, 07:39:02 PM »

despite the nonsensical plot Squeenix's fanfic writers would love to cobble into yet another one of their sweeping epics involving paradoxes and retarded goddesses that have to make everything as circuitous as humanly possible

Wait, so it's FFVIII?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3501 on: August 08, 2012, 09:57:41 PM »

despite the nonsensical plot Squeenix's fanfic writers would love to cobble into yet another one of their sweeping epics involving paradoxes and retarded goddesses that have to make everything as circuitous as humanly possible

Wait, so it's FFVIII?

Actually that's FFXIII-2 (sans the 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Frocobo', terrible fanfic villains being terrible, and the "But the future refused to change." ending).

FFVIII was about this moody teenager and a dumb cunt falling into something that can't really be honestly described as love in any sense of the word. Also something about flying gardens, orphanages, and TIME KOMPRESSION! (although I could just be making all that up since there really was nothing beyond that awful 'romance' hogging the spotlight).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3502 on: August 08, 2012, 11:28:09 PM »

Man you all weren't kidding when you mentioned how lame the bosses in DE:HR are.

I just beat the 2nd one by equiping my cloak and pumping round after round into her w/ my shotgun while she stood there.

Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3503 on: August 09, 2012, 01:15:05 AM »

Fun Fact: Oh Dear God, take up knitting already
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3504 on: August 09, 2012, 01:55:17 AM »

With assistance from Youtube Platinum guides? Moderate.

So is not as difficult as I think it is.

Hm, I'll try to get it later then.
Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3505 on: August 09, 2012, 12:33:02 PM »

Bought TOR in preparation for the f2p model. Im not exactly amazed by it, but its on sale now so I figured I may as well.

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3506 on: August 09, 2012, 05:49:32 PM »

Bought TOR in preparation for the f2p model. Im not exactly amazed by it, but its on sale now so I figured I may as well.

It's pretty much a prettier version of WoW with a pretty good story and more buttons to press (which is kinda nice, actually).  You get a pretty good idea if you'll like it or not pretty early in the game as the formula stays the same. 

Also could try switching up the classes if you aren't feelin' it.  I tried a trooper and hated it, then switched to marauder and really liked it.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3507 on: August 09, 2012, 08:13:19 PM »

So my roommate just bought a PSP off some bum on Lark St. for $15.
We went to a couple stores afterward and so far we've amassed Dissidia, Resistance and Final Fantasy Tactics.
Dissidia seems really fun. I've actually been putting off playing Final Fantasy Tactics for a long time due to the fact that I've been waiting to play the PSP version. So excited to play that. I loved FFTA2 but from what I understand the original is much different.
Also snagged Tales of the Abyss for $10 while I was at it.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3508 on: August 09, 2012, 09:25:38 PM »

SMT Strange Journey so far freaking rules!

Everything's Eventual
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3509 on: August 09, 2012, 11:24:26 PM »

SMT Strange Journey so far freaking rules!

Indeed it does, man, indeed it does.

I'm currently pkaying Dragon Warrior I on the GBC. As much as I hate the NES version of this game, I am greatly enjoying the GBC version (granted I know exactly what to do and where to go so I'm not spending hours aimlessly wandering around and/or dying). I just got the Shiny Harp, now headed back to the shrine for the Rain Staff.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: