Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 07:41:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341199 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 455603 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3555 on: August 19, 2012, 07:51:39 PM »

Been playing Pokemon Platinum now. Got 7 badges. I used the grass starter this time and it was basically the only Pokemon I used until the sixth gym.

I tried playing Tales of Graces F for the first time in eight months, but I can barely understand Japanese now, so fuck it. I guess I'll just play one of my other 30 unbeaten games in English.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3556 on: August 19, 2012, 09:34:19 PM »

I got a new video card (HD7770), so I decided to play The Last Remnant to see if it ran well.  It does!  Finally, three video card generations after it was released, a mid-range card plays it :-p.

I'm reminded just how better the PC version is with its turbo mode and lack of party restrictions.  It's really quite nifty.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3557 on: August 19, 2012, 10:13:19 PM »

So now I've just started up Dragon Warrior III for the GBC, and so far its blowing me away how much better it is than 2. The graphics, details, and tweaks make this game actually refreshing to play.

It's subtle, but I think DW3 was one of the better looking GBC games.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3558 on: August 19, 2012, 10:16:46 PM »

So now I've just started up Dragon Warrior III for the GBC, and so far its blowing me away how much better it is than 2. The graphics, details, and tweaks make this game actually refreshing to play.

It's subtle, but I think DW3 was one of the better looking GBC games.

Indeed it is. The animations and little bits here and there make the game look really good. I like how when you find a weapon in a chest, they all look fairly unique (I think, only found a few so far)

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3559 on: August 20, 2012, 12:34:31 AM »

Looking forward to starting up New Super Mario Brothers 2 tomorrow, despite really not being a fan of the art style. I strangely am intrigued by the focus on coins, especially that one arcade like mode that tasks you with getting high scores in three random levels.

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3560 on: August 20, 2012, 12:53:15 AM »

Looking forward to starting up New Super Mario Brothers 2 tomorrow, despite really not being a fan of the art style. I strangely am intrigued by the focus on coins, especially that one arcade like mode that tasks you with getting high scores in three random levels.

I can't stand how the new mario games look (except galaxy). The music is awful as well.

http://youtu.be/odDwOPNuclM

the "baa--bappp" vocals are ear grating. Also, shit sounds like something my 8th grade music teacher would play on his yamaha.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3561 on: August 20, 2012, 01:28:58 AM »

I can't stand how the new mario games look (except galaxy). The music is awful as well.

the "baa--bappp" vocals are ear grating. Also, shit sounds like something my 8th grade music teacher would play on his yamaha.

Mario has really lost a lot of appeal to me for this.  I realize they like that cutesy kids-toy look to Mario, but I adored his Brawl outfit (y'know, where his overalls looked like actual denim...).  Why can't they at least put stitch---... ah fuck it, whatever.

The music is wretched.  Co-workerz were playing Mario Kart 7.... what thefuck was I listening to? Some trumpet, some polka-like beat, brrr....

At least the Mario formula is good, I guess.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #3562 on: August 20, 2012, 07:48:14 AM »

I played Braid. It was insanely dull.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3563 on: August 20, 2012, 08:26:51 AM »

Mario has really lost a lot of appeal to me for this.  I realize they like that cutesy kids-toy look to Mario, but I adored his Brawl outfit (y'know, where his overalls looked like actual denim...).  Why can't they at least put stitch---... ah fuck it, whatever.

The music is wretched.  Co-workerz were playing Mario Kart 7.... what thefuck was I listening to? Some trumpet, some polka-like beat, brrr....

At least the Mario formula is good, I guess.

I dug this level when i was playing. http://youtu.be/Lt-E4OMWTZE

Again the stupid "baawh!" voices every few seconds drive me nuts. Fucking fucking fucking terrible
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3564 on: August 20, 2012, 01:33:23 PM »

New Super Mario Bros U looks to at least partially correct this, with some much more interesting looking backdrops. That Starry Night themed ghost level looks excellent.

I actually had a very similar issue with Donkey Kong country returns. The level themes where just really drab and boring. Had nothing on the wonderful atmosphere Rare created in their games. The music was also a massive step down.

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3565 on: August 20, 2012, 02:36:22 PM »

I"m still only at the third dungeon in Twilight Princess, but I've spent upwards of 3 hours messing around in the overworld, collecting bugs, fish, bomb bags, and pieces of heart.  The rapids minigame is fabulous - I did it a few extra times after getting the 25 required for the prize. 

Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3566 on: August 20, 2012, 03:16:02 PM »

Beat Suikoden IV. Now playing Suikoden Tactics to flesh out the story.

Verdict: Loved IV...but needs more story, hence why I'm playing Tactics.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3567 on: August 20, 2012, 03:52:10 PM »

Still slogging through Fear Effect. Just made it to CD3. This is probably the first game I've ever played where the difficulty seems to be intentionally built around bad controls, an abysmal item select menu and "surprise, you can't win unless you know its coming" sections designed to dick you over, which often appear after solving a long puzzle or miles away from the last save point (often popping up one after another in sequence before the game finally save again). Loads of frustration, but the feeling of finally making some progress and the overall cinematic feel to the game keeps me playing.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3568 on: August 20, 2012, 07:45:42 PM »

I played MMX5.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:34:04 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore