Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 04:12:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319192 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 357988 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3570 on: August 21, 2012, 11:11:29 AM »

God, I'm so sick of my 360. I would gladly be done with it, if it weren't for the occassional exclusive like Dust.
It wouldn't let me stay online last night. I don't know why. Plus, it kept asking me to join Live, which I did a long time ago. Then it wanted me to create a new account. So frustrating.
I've never had these issues with my PS3.
Eventually, I managed to stay online long enough to DL Dust. It was late by then, and I only got to play for 5 minutes. I'll get into it tonight.
After this, I think The Witcher 2 is the only other 360 exclusive I want to play.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3571 on: August 21, 2012, 07:47:40 PM »

Walking Dead Ep. 1 & 2.

Pretty fuckin' good. Them choices man, them choices. I thought ep. 1's was hard, but ep. 2's put ep. 1's to shame.

Spoilers:

Code:
I liked Kenny up until I sided with Lilly regarding Larry in the meat locker, and Kenny suddenly pissed. I understand where he's coming from for wanting to kill Larry, but he up and left me to die when the dude with the gun was gonna kill Lee. Fuck that fucker. I didn't like Larry either, he was a huge d-bag, but now I feel betrayed.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:33:02 PM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3572 on: August 22, 2012, 07:34:56 AM »

Still working on Twilight Princess, but also messing around with Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon in my spare time.  I restarted my game when Frey got a level up with no stats in one of the prologue chapters....

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3573 on: August 22, 2012, 10:52:29 AM »

Dust -
Fun stuff. It's awesome when you really get going,and are flying all over the screen beating the shit out of baddies.
I don't get the Fidget character. Why include such an annoying thing? Haven't we all played enough games by now, so that when it comes time to design one, there's a checklist of what NOT to put in? I would think cutesy annoying sidekicks would be on it. I'll deal, as the game is pretty great so far. I'd just like to ask the creator WHY?

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3574 on: August 22, 2012, 02:02:39 PM »

Something just seems off about Dust. Going by the trailers, the game seems to be taking itself seriously, yet its filled with humanoid anime animal characters. Something about it seems creepy, as in "Furry fan service" creepy. No idea if the dude outsourced the graphics though, if he did it all himself then maybe it was just a matter of how much work it required to animate everything. Im pretty sure it was a lot easier to draw than human characters would have been.

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3575 on: August 22, 2012, 04:52:58 PM »

So it occurs to me that I haven't posted about a game in over 10 pages....Welp!

Ninja Edit: Okay, okay. No empty posting. Let's see, I've gotten up to the jungle, the mighty jungle, in Xenoblade last night. The most amusing bit was doing that quest to clear the bridge for the reconstruction of Colony 6. First attempt was a party wipe (loving higher leveled assholes popping out of nowhere right after cleaning house on the previous assholes), second attempt made it through both waves with only Dunban soloing about one or two of these assholes on 5 HP (they were already pretty beaten up by that point). And these assholes had grey health bars too.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3576 on: August 22, 2012, 07:36:19 PM »

Something just seems off about Dust. Going by the trailers, the game seems to be taking itself seriously, yet its filled with humanoid anime animal characters. Something about it seems creepy, as in "Furry fan service" creepy. No idea if the dude outsourced the graphics though, if he did it all himself then maybe it was just a matter of how much work it required to animate everything. Im pretty sure it was a lot easier to draw than human characters would have been.

Dean Dodrill is a furry artist and did the character art for the Jazz Jackrabbit games.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3577 on: August 22, 2012, 07:46:57 PM »

Started Tales of Legendia not too long ago and put some more hours in today...

Is this game just looney, or did I miss something here? I feel like the game's story was thrown against a wall to see what stuck, which was then made into a musical (two singing sections; one with the king of rock and roll and his partner and one with talking otters).

Does this game continue these musical interludes and odd pacing of story info/characterizations?

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3578 on: August 22, 2012, 10:49:51 PM »

Beat the bear guy in MMX5 and got an E tank. Still feel like I'm missing items. Also not sure how the parts system works.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3579 on: August 23, 2012, 03:42:06 AM »

I'm playing Phantasy Star III. That game... well, it definitely exists.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3580 on: August 23, 2012, 06:37:20 AM »

Beat the bear guy in MMX5 and got an E tank. Still feel like I'm missing items. Also not sure how the parts system works.
The parts system is kinda BS.  Basically, you can choose between a parts boost whenever you beat a boss, but only if certain conditions are met.  The easiest way to maximize it is to get a few Game Overs at the beginning of the game and not beat any bosses until the countdown is below 10.  That way you'll always have a choice of parts.  MMX5 is an okay MMX game, but it has some dumb trappings surrounding it. 

Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3581 on: August 23, 2012, 02:15:37 PM »

Verdict: Loved IV...but needs more story, hence why I'm playing Tactics.

IV was great, and I didn't really get why it got so much heat...until I got through the lengthy opening and unlocked my ship, that's when game decided to wrap up with next to no events in between.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 02:17:14 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3582 on: August 23, 2012, 06:23:22 PM »

I'm playing Phantasy Star III. That game... well, it definitely exists.

Great music though, esp this version!

http://youtu.be/5qVPu7upX64

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3583 on: August 23, 2012, 09:04:46 PM »

Been playing Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. There have been some story characters that I haven't been able to save since their AI was poorly programmed. I'm in chapter 2, the chaos chapter. I'm really enjoying this game. I probably played it for about 5 hours today, though 2 was trying the same level over and over to save that one archer girl, but after several attempts, I gave up on saving her and just finished the stage.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3584 on: August 23, 2012, 09:16:21 PM »

Beat the whale guy in MMX5

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: