Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 04:55:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334853 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 430540 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3585 on: August 23, 2012, 09:21:56 PM »

I'm really surprised that the darksiders series doesn't get more love around here. I'm playing #1 and each dungeon is a load of fun, not to mention some of the gameplay segments that break up exploration. Controls are tight, graphics are sharp and colorful, and combat is fun and more indepth than a god of war clone.

I might pick up #2 just to support these guys because I'd love to see a game for each horseman.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3586 on: August 23, 2012, 09:47:28 PM »

I'm really surprised that the darksiders series doesn't get more love around here. I'm playing #1 and each dungeon is a load of fun, not to mention some of the gameplay segments that break up exploration. Controls are tight, graphics are sharp and colorful, and combat is fun and more indepth than a god of war clone.

I might pick up #2 just to support these guys because I'd love to see a game for each horseman.
I agree. I really liked the first one. For some reason I made it up to the final area and stopped playing. I don't remember why. I think it was the daunting idea of going through another way long dungeon. That's probably the only problem I had with the game. The dungeons would just go on and on. I should just finish the damn thing.
I have full intention of getting II. Just not any time soon. Too many other games to play.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3587 on: August 23, 2012, 10:57:40 PM »

Dragon Quest IX - Just got to the second town and helping the king out.
Pacman Championship Edition DX - Trying to S Rank more things or at least A Rank everything, it's comforting to know that I'm ranked in the top 5%. Really fun game!
Uncharted 3: Beat the game with my nephew, we kept switching the controller everytime someone died. Now I'm replaying it to beat it on my own.
Twilight Princess: Just reached the Temple of Time.
Also playing like 5 other games... it's hard to focus on just one.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3588 on: August 23, 2012, 11:00:23 PM »

Beat the whale guy in MMX5

Great. Now beat the stage two more times to get everything.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3589 on: August 24, 2012, 01:15:32 AM »

I agree. I really liked the first one. For some reason I made it up to the final area and stopped playing. I don't remember why. I think it was the daunting idea of going through another way long dungeon. That's probably the only problem I had with the game. The dungeons would just go on and on. I should just finish the damn thing.
I have full intention of getting II. Just not any time soon. Too many other games to play.

It's one of those games that sold a good amount, but will still get traded so peeps can take advantage of trading deals for the Fall rush, then the price goes down after a few months, then when it's cheap enough, Dicey grabs it.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3590 on: August 24, 2012, 09:51:01 AM »

Verdict: Loved IV...but needs more story, hence why I'm playing Tactics.

IV was great, and I didn't really get why it got so much heat...until I got through the lengthy opening and unlocked my ship, that's when game decided to wrap up with next to no events in between.

Oh yeah, definitely bankrupt in the events/story department. I was hoping for a bit more back story from my characters, but it seems that the opening movie for the game told me more story (with awesome music) than the actual game did. Eh, I digress though. Suikoden Tactics seems to providing a great deal--so far--of back story that is leaving me pleased with this entry into the Suikoden universe.

In other gaming news: I started Suikoden Tierkreis last month and have been on and off with it. Not too sure if I'm a fan of themaincharactertalkingsofastthatIfeeltheymayhavemadehimtalkfasttoshortenthesoundfilesorhewasdopedonspeed. Other than that, the game is quite pleasing. It's a darn shame the actual strategy is not posted anymore for purchase on the Bradys strategy guide site. Eh, guess It's gamefaqs for me (I played Suikoden III with no electronic help, but it took me well over the amount of time I would like to play a game).

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3591 on: August 24, 2012, 10:12:11 AM »

No one is a fan of the main character in Tierkreis.

Liked the game though.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3592 on: August 24, 2012, 05:21:29 PM »

I hate this mofo! ;_;
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3593 on: August 24, 2012, 05:34:03 PM »

Almost 16 million hp. Final Fantasy XIII is ridiculous. 

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3594 on: August 24, 2012, 09:23:40 PM »

I'm playing the sequel now, I'm about 8 hours in. The combat is just as good, if not better, and co-opting the platforming from Prince of Persia was a great addition. It's more open - you get your horse from the very start, and there are more side-quests, optional dungeons and bosses. The only disappointment is that the puzzles are a bit on the easy side, so far I haven't encountered anything much more difficult than 'find the switch.'

I also started Dark Souls. I began as a wanderer, but I was having a really tough time of it. It was like banging my head against a brick wall - I'd make some progress, but never enough to make it to the next bonfire, and then end up dying on the way back to my dropped souls. I restarted as a pyromancer, and I'm enjoying it now. I still die frequently, but I've got much further in the same amount of time, plus I'm getting the hang of the combat.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:38:45 PM by DPB » Logged
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3595 on: August 25, 2012, 02:03:55 PM »

I started Darksiders on super hardcore difficulty, but now I am regretting it. I die a looooooooooooooot.

I need about 30 more hours a day for games. Also trying to play Diablo III, PSIII, Atelier Rorona, and FFXI all at the same time.

Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3596 on: August 25, 2012, 03:04:50 PM »

Enjoying Super Mario Brothers 2 a surprising amount. I actually think the graphics look pretty nice on the 3ds, and the art style does not come off as being as drab as the other two entries. The level design is really good to, a lot more exploration and secret areas to find, and I really like the coin rush mode. My only two gripes with the game are, the lack of interesting level pallets. It boggles my mind how I have to go through another field, desert, sea side, forest, ice, lava combo. There are so many other places that could be explored, I don't get the reliance on this. And second, a few of the music tracks are just ear explodingly terrible. Overall though I am having a lot of fun

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3597 on: August 25, 2012, 06:37:26 PM »

Welp, now I have to kill this guy. Outside of his insane amount of HP and his powerful normal attacks he cast Death on the party leader if the battle reach the 20 minute mark, he can also cast Ultima which does a ton of damage if your party isn't in the Sentinel paradigm.

Tedious, but not impossible.

Edit: Okay so I tried for like an hour (if not more) and I can't do it because my characters don't have their most powerful weapon and other accesories that would make the fight easier to handle. So that's that, I've played FFXIII for... Jesus christ 120+ hours!? D:

*sigh* Oh well, next up is installing the patches for MGS4 and Uncharted 3.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:32:29 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3598 on: August 26, 2012, 11:36:48 AM »

Rolling through a new playthrough of FE6.  Roy is turning out okay, but Speed might be a problem.  Lugh, Dieck, and Lance are turning out great and will soon be my first level 20s - I have promotion items ready for all three.  The two axe fighters are terrible.  Shelving Thany and Rutger because neither one is getting any STR.  I'm babying Lilina a little, but she's getting great levels-up early on and already has the same MAG as Lugh despite being five levels behind.  Debating whether Oujay or Wendy is worth the trouble, not sure if I'm going to train either one yet.  Just picked up Lalum, Shin, and Fir, and will probably use all three in the next chapter and see how their levels work out.  What I *really* need is a decent axe user, which should happen soon when I pick up Geese and Gonzo. 

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3599 on: August 26, 2012, 02:46:26 PM »

I've been in a mood for a space sim/RPG/whatever. I'm burn out on Mass Effect and finished Star Control II/UQM not too long ago, so I dug up my copy of Infinite Space. Had to start a new game since I barely remember how to play or what I was doing.

We need more space themed games...
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: