Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 11:39:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334848 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 430140 times)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3690 on: September 20, 2012, 03:40:26 PM »

Recently played:

Thunder Force II
Lightning Force
Castle of Illusion
Alisia Dragoon
Contra Hard Corps
Castlevania: Bloodlines
Final Fantasy VI
Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
Monster Hunter Tri

Thunder Force II was okay. I got to level 4 after a while. The overhead stages are really confusing, though.

Lighning Force was much better. Got to stage 4 on my second try.

Castle of Illusion was better than expected. It's a fun platformer for its time. The second part of stage 3 is horrible, though. That's the part where there's some rushing watter that flows periodically, and you have to make sure you're above it when it comes. Well, when you get to the part where you have to go under a little passage way and get to the other platform, it's pretty much impossible to get there before the water knocks you back. I lost all my lives on that little part. It sucks.

Alisia Dragoon wasn't as fun as I remember. The third stage was awful, and I have no clue how I'm supposed to beat the boss of it.

Contra Hard Corps is as fun as any Contra game. As hard as one, too. Really wish there was a password system, or at least more lives. I still made it to the second stage anyways, though. Furthest I've ever made it in a Contra game was stage 4. That'll be my goal for next time.

Castlevania Bloodlines is also pretty great. I got to stage 3 after a while and decided to take a break. Might go back to see what stage 3 looks like, though.

Final Fantasy VI  is the one I've been trying hardest to play, but I just can't get motivated for it. I only played for an hour and then got bored. I think it's because I've been through this part of the game too many times, though. If I could just find a reason to continue...

Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat is even better than I anticipated. I only played a few stagest, but it's been really creative and fun so far. Contrast this with DKCR, which bored me in about 5 minutes, it just makes me more and more disappointed in the direction Nintendo has been going lately.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core - spent a solid hour just playing against the computer. Lost a lot of fights, but I won just as many, too. Might go back to this one soon. I need to get ready for online play in the PSN version next month.

Monster Hunter Tri - I hate this game so much, yet I can't stop playing it every time I turn it on. I spent hours trying to complete the stupid trapping quest with the Quaroth or whatever it's called. The bird with the horn than can call a Dragon. I hate it so much. Only other option is to do the freakin' sea quest, but I hate Sea quests even more. Maneuvering in the water is rediculous. Once I get a Vita I'm going to Freedom Unite and never looking back...

So, as you might be able to tell, I've been floundering around trying to find something that grabs me. I thought maybe I should take a break from RPGs, too, but I've had very little luck there. I think I may just come up with a short list of RPGs I may want to try to get into and sort through it. Maybe I'll make a thread here, too, just because...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:44:02 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3691 on: September 20, 2012, 09:10:54 PM »

Contra Hard Corps is my favorite Contra game. I admit, I never got that far in it when I played it on an actual system, and... tend to save state more than I should, but... the game just has this atmosphere to it that I love. There was something beautifully damaged about the setting.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3692 on: September 20, 2012, 10:55:21 PM »

Played about 5 hours of Torchlight II.  Engineer is smashing things with Flame Hammer, whacking things with Ember Hammer.  Very early in Act II.  This is Diablo II, but more and better.  If Runic Games gives TL2 an official expansion, I will buy it in a hot second.  If they try a KickStarter then I'll probably donate $100. 

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3693 on: September 20, 2012, 11:07:51 PM »

MickMac: I'm at the Floating Continent... the amount of grinding there usually kills it for me.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3694 on: September 20, 2012, 11:20:44 PM »

Still not super far in Radiata Stories. Haven't gotten to the "choice" yet of monster/human path.
Played some SW Battlefront recently. The Bespin mission is really pissing me off.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3695 on: September 21, 2012, 11:12:05 AM »

Vay went FTP on the iOS, but I haven't played it yet.

I wonder if this was done because SoMoGa is rounding the corner on their iOS verison of Lunar. If that happens, it will be day 1 for me.

Rush Kingdom continues to be everything I want out of gaming.

Beating face in Hero Academy as The Tribe.

Bring it scrubs.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3696 on: September 21, 2012, 11:46:30 AM »

And Damnit, I missed free Vay! :(

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3697 on: September 21, 2012, 12:17:56 PM »

Anyone with the iOS should download the Touch Arcade App and turn on push notifications just so you can catch all these freebies.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3698 on: September 21, 2012, 12:26:58 PM »

Finished my second run through MMZX1. Now I can use Model X for the entire game instead of just the beginning. Also I should state how much I hate getting knocked out of hyper mode in this game since you flip it on, attack, then flip it off to conserve BE but take a hit during that and instead of turning it off you're turning it back on and wasting precious seconds of hyper mode.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3699 on: September 21, 2012, 12:41:53 PM »

Uncharted 3 Multiplayer.

Getting killied in the lab with in new (temporary?) map:

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3700 on: September 21, 2012, 11:05:10 PM »

Borderlands 2....simply amazing, so much fun, so many returning NPC's adding even more of a backstory and of course a gazillion weapons, lol. Also still plugging away at Strange Journey, 52% of demon compendium and still fusing, gathering demons while slowly advancing main story.

Everything's Eventual
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3701 on: September 22, 2012, 04:03:12 AM »

Pretty much ready to give up on Radiata Stories.
It's boring me to tears.
I only have like three people recruited, I'm stuck on some mission where I have to clear the dwarven mines of a monster but I've been wandering around the mines for two fucking hours today and I can't find this stupid monster I'm supposed to kill. And I can't give the mission up and choose another one.
Combine that with terrible voice acting and middling at best music and it's just not a game that I can bring myself to keep playing.
I keep hearing on here that the story gets great, but I just can't do it.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3702 on: September 22, 2012, 11:14:51 AM »

I never got past the mines. Played for like an hour without finding a save point, got killed by some bugs, and lost interest.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3703 on: September 22, 2012, 11:28:07 AM »

I'm holding off grabbing Borderlands 2 until around Christmas... *sigh*.  Everyone is fine with bragging about it till then, making one sad Dicey. =(
I'm actually hoping for there will be a "moment of weakness", a sale sometime between release and Christmas (I was so annoyed when I bought Ass Creed Revelations at full price, then something like a month later it was fifteen bucks off).

Meanwhile, I grabbed PSPs Brave Story (amazing graphics for a PSP title) and Jeanne D'arc (Japanese France SRPG?  Cool!) for $10 TOGETHER used.  Needless to say, I'm happy with that.

I also caved and grab the Kirby 20th Anniversary collection.  I don't know what's worse: the fact it's an "anniversary collection" with only 6 titles (I mean, C'MON, put Amazing Mirror on there, squeeze some of the weird puzzle spin-offs, add another CD and even put the latest Kirby on there; I'd have paid out more if that were the case), the second issue I have is that the controls CHANGE per title, making it *really* hard to get used to any game switching (and Nintendo games don't believe in Control Settings).  I probably wouldn't have gotten this unless it was free for me.

Lard: I never found the story great, and I did find the gameplay boring.  Only thing you're really missing out is a final dungeon that actually takes initiative to stand out, but in a really, really annoying way, and the second secret dungeon -- which looks kinda cool and has awesome secret bosses.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3704 on: September 22, 2012, 11:52:45 AM »

I wish to hell I could game a PSP at home. For some reason I just can't.

I just end up browsing the information superhighway

FINALLY SOME FECKIN BORDERLANDS ZWEI TODAY LATER
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: