Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 11:13:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329845 Posts in 13521 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 401558 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3705 on: September 22, 2012, 12:10:43 PM »

I wish to hell I could game a PSP at home. For some reason I just can't.

I just end up browsing the information superhighway

FINALLY SOME FECKIN BORDERLANDS ZWEI TODAY LATER

That's what I do, I seldom just play a game without having some other activity going on as well.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3706 on: September 22, 2012, 01:37:10 PM »

Torchlight II is Diablo Dos, except better.  I'm early in act III and loving every second.  Surface comparisons are kinda hilarious:

- One of the main characters from predecessor becomes corrupted / insane, leaves a trail of destruction in his wake, starting with the original game's town
- First act is forest & hills, second act is desert and ruins, third act is big ol' swamp. 
- Mage class's three skill trees are Fire/Ice/Lightning
- Identify scrolls and Rejuvenation Potions are exactly like Diablo II

Look, I know those are trivial bullshit, but it's an easy comparison to make.  Luckily, Torchlight II is far superior in combat, loot, skills, spells, pets, visuals, color pallet, and customization.  My only complaints are 1) tricky to make a pure auramancer class as there are maybe two real aura skills; 2) elemental resistances play a MAJOR role for certain parts of the game (re: I'm in stage full of poison and it hurts bad - playing on Veteran difficulty); and 3) The Destroyer just sits there moping at the starting point for the whole game (so far). 

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3707 on: September 22, 2012, 02:56:39 PM »

I never got past the mines. Played for like an hour without finding a save point, got killed by some bugs, and lost interest.

I've lost interest too. Started playing Odin Sphere today. Really falling in love with it, especially after loving Muramasa.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3708 on: September 22, 2012, 03:09:34 PM »

Beat Persona 4. Got the normal ending. Fun game, but I still preferred P3 more even though P4 refined everything about P3. I guess I just liked the atmosphere and music of P3 more.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3709 on: September 22, 2012, 03:35:57 PM »

I never got past the mines. Played for like an hour without finding a save point, got killed by some bugs, and lost interest.

I've lost interest too. Started playing Odin Sphere today. Really falling in love with it, especially after loving Muramasa.

To inform you, you missed two endings:
Human Ending = Sad.
Non-Human = Freaking Weird and Semi-Sad.

Odin Sphere has a few endings too; one of which made me want to cry (sad tears; it's pretty miserable).  But I loved the true ending.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3710 on: September 22, 2012, 03:58:02 PM »

I also caved and grab the Kirby 20th Anniversary collection.  I don't know what's worse: the fact it's an "anniversary collection" with only 6 titles (I mean, C'MON, put Amazing Mirror on there, squeeze some of the weird puzzle spin-offs, add another CD and even put the latest Kirby on there; I'd have paid out more if that were the case), the second issue I have is that the controls CHANGE per title, making it *really* hard to get used to any game switching (and Nintendo games don't believe in Control Settings).  I probably wouldn't have gotten this unless it was free for me.

On the other hand, good luck trying to find a copy of Dream Land 3 or 64: The Crystal Shards (or SuperNES Super Star but you'd be better off hunting down the DS version anyways) without resorting to emulation for even twice the price of that entire collection. I mean, sure, Dream Course would've been a great way to round off the collection, but it's still worth it just for the aforementioned games alone. At least it's not nearly as anemic as that Mario Collection was (it's just fucking All-Stars and not even the version with Super Mario World in it).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3711 on: September 22, 2012, 05:11:57 PM »

I wish to hell I could game a PSP at home. For some reason I just can't.

I just end up browsing the information superhighway

FINALLY SOME FECKIN BORDERLANDS ZWEI TODAY LATER

That's what I do, I seldom just play a game without having some other activity going on as well.

I assume you guys have Wifi or something. I have no interwebs connection for my PSP, so it's strictly a gaming system for me.
Speaking of which...
I downloaded Corpse Party, and when I went to play it, was told I needed a system update. I ended up having to download it off the computer then transfer it to my PSP. It all works now, but I haven't had a chance to play the game yet. Maybe later.

All the Borderlands talk has piqued my interest. I just looks to me like a cartoony FPS, but I hear it has rpg-like elements to it. Maybe someday I'll pick up the original for cheap and try that it out.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3712 on: September 22, 2012, 06:19:56 PM »

It's fun as hell and the shooting and looting is tight. Great boss battles and the normal enemies are decent challenges

TONS of RPG elemenst, like elemental damage and what not. If your'e a "level up" addict then this game is for you.

Graphically it's beautiful. Nice music too.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3713 on: September 23, 2012, 12:25:32 AM »

To inform you, you missed two endings:
Human Ending = Sad.
Non-Human = Freaking Weird and Semi-Sad.

Odin Sphere has a few endings too; one of which made me want to cry (sad tears; it's pretty miserable).  But I loved the true ending.

I'm fourteen hours in and it's just not doing it for me.

What the goddamn motherfucking FUCK is with the second alchemy tutorial in Odin Sphere?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 01:53:05 AM by Lard » Logged

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3714 on: September 23, 2012, 01:57:10 AM »

Twilight Princess - Beat the Temple of Time (surprisingly easy), doing dumb fetch quests and just repowered the Dominion Rod... I think I'm getting close to the end finally.  It's taken me 5 years to get to this point in the game... lol

Also beat New Super Mario Bros 2 for 3DS which is basically the most disappointing Mario game of recent time. No difficulty whatsoever, boring level designs... I don't have much desire to look for Star Coins. What a bummer.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 01:59:44 AM by sandiny0ursh0es » Logged

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3715 on: September 23, 2012, 08:08:30 AM »

Beat Legend of Heroes 3(5 if you want to be technical and ignore US release numbering) a day or so ago. Game was.....alright? I used a game file from online to start with a New Game+ so I could get some New Game+ only chests, and it carried over levels. So I ended up not needing to fight any filler battles which was nice since I found the battle system to be boring. Story was....eh. It wasn't bad, but I can't bring myself to say anything good about it. The thing that bugged me the most was that the game world just didn't feel like it fit with the other two games in the trilogy because it had such an emphaiss on music which was nonexistent in the other two games....and then the music wasn't even that great. Ar Tonelico did the "song magic" concept much better.

Since it is going to be more than a week till I have my PS3 again, I've decided to go ahead and do my import prep run of DA2. Just finished playing around with variables last night so that the game properly imported my desired DAO world state(although a few details about the import may or may not be impossible *cough*). >.>
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3716 on: September 23, 2012, 03:23:27 PM »

Guild Wars 2, Torchlight II, Borderlands 2 and Transformers: FoC. 2 days off well spent:)

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3717 on: September 23, 2012, 04:16:38 PM »

Beat Persona 4. Got the normal ending. Fun game, but I still preferred P3 more even though P4 refined everything about P3. I guess I just liked the atmosphere and music of P3 more.

I feel the same way. P4 was great, but I loved P3 more. I think it's because it was the first game to change Persona into what it is now, so it felt special. When you play P4 it's like you've already done it before, so the novelty has worn off slightly. As we all know, Atlus spread the P4 love way more than P3, but we are getting that P3 movie soon, which I'm incredibly excited about.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3718 on: September 23, 2012, 06:04:03 PM »

Nice to see people who still appreciate P3, there have been lots of bashful comments lately on the net. IMO the only thing P4 did way better was gameplay (which P3 Portable incorporated).

@Ontopic

Restarted Pokemon White in anticipation to White 2, since I barely remember what it was about. Never thought I would be replaying a Pokemon game because of the story. The end of the world is nigh.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3719 on: September 23, 2012, 07:32:46 PM »

Up to Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy in Yoshi's Island GBA. This game is amazing and I have no idea why I never really took the time to play it before. It was really heavily advertised around the time i got my toploader NES, and I remember playing Yoshi's Island on a floor model at Service Merchandise, I think.Or maybe that was regular super mario world. I think I played both. I remember dodging giant bullet bills (or rather failing to do so).

Anyway, took back the defective copy of Megaman and Bass and exchanged it for Wario Land 3. Which is probably for the best because after watching some LPs, Megaman and Bass looks like MM8 but without all the cool things that I find interesting in MM8. Wario Land 3 seems pretty badass, on the other hand.

Also briefly played some Solatorobo over the weekend. Did first two sidequests or something. Getting more than anything a major Skies of Arcadia vibes.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: