Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 10:55:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327146 Posts in 13391 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 383632 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3720 on: September 23, 2012, 07:32:55 PM »

SMT: Nocturne - Got to Asakusa (Asukasa?) and made White Rider & Red Rider my bitch.  Going through the 2nd Kalpa to get to the cutscene to unlock them was kind of a pain in the ass.  True Demon Ending sounds interesting and may ultimately be something I shoot for, not sure.

Red Rider, initially, put up a big fight.  Took 3 tries to kill him correctly.  Actually, the 2nd one I did kill him, but had a mastered magatama equipped so I decided to try again rather than waste a level up without an ability.  This time, I leveled up and gained the ability "Divine Shot" for MC.  Holy shit what a devastating ability.  Was doing like 950 damage non-crit, 3 Tarakujas, and focused.  Tried to go for Pale Rider but I guess you have to finish a dungeon first.  Ah well.

Meanwhile, I grabbed PSPs Brave Story (amazing graphics for a PSP title) and Jeanne D'arc (Japanese France SRPG?  Cool!) for $10 TOGETHER used.  Needless to say, I'm happy with that.

I hated both games.  Brave Story's story was too silly. Mid way through, the game got really hard too.  It's possible I stopped giving a fuck and missed something that would help, but I don't know.  Encounter rate was large at times and battles weren't anything exceptional.

I'm also possibly considering Borderlands 2.  I'm just starting to look into it.  I notice Yoda is playing it so maybe there's some multiplayer action to be had with him.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3721 on: September 23, 2012, 08:20:59 PM »

We only have three so far. This week I'll have 0 time.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3722 on: September 23, 2012, 09:33:21 PM »

Meanwhile, I grabbed PSPs Brave Story (amazing graphics for a PSP title) and Jeanne D'arc (Japanese France SRPG?  Cool!) for $10 TOGETHER used.  Needless to say, I'm happy with that.

I hated both games.  Brave Story's story was too silly. Mid way through, the game got really hard too.  It's possible I stopped giving a fuck and missed something that would help, but I don't know.  Encounter rate was large at times and battles weren't anything exceptional.

Haha ,thanks!

But yeah I'm kinda worried they're gonna drop off the radar, I'm still playing BBS and Crisis Core just joined the flock.  Fucking weird ass game... I love it, I think.  Except that "levelling up" is based... On a Roulette Wheel?!?

I'm still considering getting Borderlands, but something tells me there won't be any point till after the semester... (is no one here playing it on the PS3?? D: )

I preordered a Wii-U because the deluxe bundle is a really amazing deal (and my wii sounds like it might die soon), and $350 for a new console is wonderful.  Then, if I don't wanna play it, and since US Gamestop already got a waiting list for it, maybe I'll sell it. :D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 09:42:45 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3723 on: September 23, 2012, 11:51:41 PM »

Just played Corpse Party for almost 2 hours. This is kinda fun. Sure, the characters and story are cheesy and cliche, but I like the air of mystery about it. It's got a creepy vibe to it, but has also made me laugh. Good stuff.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3724 on: September 24, 2012, 12:37:35 AM »

Agent D, Ashton, Thoren, and Parn should be a BL2 team
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3725 on: September 24, 2012, 01:26:19 AM »

H-- hey guys!! C-can I join your BL2 team???? :D

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3726 on: September 24, 2012, 02:57:26 AM »

Dragon Quest 2 on NES (emulator). I just felt like going really old school, and this game doesn't really require that much attention. The battles have zero tactical depth and require minimum decision making, even compared to Final Fantasy I or more straightforward dungeon crawlers like Wizardry. However, it has some charm and I'm just in a mood for 8-bit grand adventure. I have realized though that I love mapping in 1st person dungeon crawlers after the boring dungeons of this (I've been to a few).

Right now I'm in the midst of recrutiting the third party member.

:P
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3727 on: September 24, 2012, 09:42:33 AM »

I still can't stand Dragon Warrior 2, even after playing a lot of other DQ games.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3728 on: September 24, 2012, 10:16:19 AM »

No kidding. DQ2 is easily the worst DQ game. Between all the sailing, crest hunting, and that motherfucking Road to Rhone the latter half turns into a fucking slog.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: September 24, 2012, 02:56:28 PM »

Nice to see people who still appreciate P3, there have been lots of bashful comments lately on the net. IMO the only thing P4 did way better was gameplay (which P3 Portable incorporated).
I also love 3 more than 4 for reasons already mentioned upthread, plus I liked the darker feel of 3. I really need to finish P3P.

Also I wouldn't mind playing Borderlands 2 on 360 with whoever. I'm only level 5 though, haven't had much chance to play.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3730 on: September 24, 2012, 03:02:46 PM »

I'm playing P3P just now. When I first bought P3P we ended up getting a bug infestation in our flat, and the psp was crawling with them, so I refused to play it cause it was so gross and threw the psp out. x.x

We have a new house though and it is bug free, yay! So I'm playing it again. Female route. I just saved
Fuuka

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3731 on: September 24, 2012, 03:10:03 PM »

As part of the Persona series P4 is pretty disappointing in comparison to P2 (both games) and P3, but as a game is really good.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 03:12:43 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3732 on: September 24, 2012, 05:53:56 PM »

I broke down and got Jet Set Radio on the PSN today and went back in time a little over 10 years:) How can this game be so frustrating and so fun at the same time? Best friggin' soundtrack EVER as well.:D  Currently getting the XCOM demo over steam, too.  Better be amazing.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3733 on: September 24, 2012, 08:05:51 PM »

Hey, Lunar: SSST released. $7 was a little pricey, but this is probably my favorite game ever, so. . .

Controls are ok on iOS, but I miss some of the PSX voices.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3734 on: September 24, 2012, 10:15:06 PM »

As part of the Persona series P4 is pretty disappointing in comparison to P2 (both games) and P3, but as a game is really good.

I thought it was leaps and bounds better than P3 after playing both. Kind of like New Vegas after playing FO3.

Really enjoying Odin Sphere. Just found out Odin had been manwhoring himself with the enemy.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: