Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 06:22:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338004 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 442222 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3750 on: September 30, 2012, 03:31:09 PM »

I played manhunt and it was violent but it didn't really raise my eyebrows at all. It actually had some pretty decent stealth gameplay. I heard the sequel sucked though..

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3751 on: September 30, 2012, 09:34:22 PM »

I personally would rather play Tenchu 3 than Manhunt.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3752 on: September 30, 2012, 11:05:37 PM »

Beat Anubis in Megaman Zero. fadfaerafasdf.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3753 on: September 30, 2012, 11:16:32 PM »

Strange Journey seems to have a slightly large difficulty curve on the boss battles...or maybe it's me.

Everything's Eventual
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3754 on: October 01, 2012, 09:38:19 AM »

Strange Journey seems to have a slightly large difficulty curve on the boss battles...or maybe it's me.

I think you're farther than me, but still, who are you on? Some of them can be tricky.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3755 on: October 01, 2012, 09:44:25 AM »

Finally finished Chapter 2 in Corpse Party. I kept accidentally bumping into the blue boy. The stupid thing is that the game doesn't let you skip "wrong end" scenes. You have to either sit through the whole thing every time it happens, or you have to reset the system. That's idiotic.
The damn thing keeps me intrigued, though, so I carry on.
Code:
Gruesome game. I'm wondering who will even be left by Chapter 5. We seem to be blazing through the kids rather quickly. I wouldn't put it past this dark game to have them all die.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3756 on: October 01, 2012, 11:22:22 AM »

Beat Torchlight II a second time with a Berserker and it was way fun. Berserker has so many ways to boost attack speed, move speed, attack chains, and critical hit rate that you will cut swathes through mobs while your attacks ripple from foe to foe; it's fast and exhilarating. Next I'm going to try an Outlander ranged+support build designed for team play.

I also want to start up another backlogged game; thinking Rogue Galaxy or Valkyria Chronicles. Gonna be good times.

Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3757 on: October 01, 2012, 12:25:22 PM »

I think you're farther than me, but still, who are you on? Some of them can be tricky.

Tiamat, and I know the issue, I simply cannot de-buff her enough and heal myself enough before she does that damn Sunset Melody four times in  a freaking row and wipes out my party.

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3758 on: October 01, 2012, 07:40:35 PM »

Strange Journey is incredibly easy up until the boss of the... purple trashheap world, at which point it shoots way up in difficutly.

Or at least it was for me. Probably because I overlevelled because I couldn't find the damn invisible doors in the mall world.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3759 on: October 01, 2012, 08:21:30 PM »

Orkus wasn't that bad for me, I died lots of times on Ouroborus, cause I can't take a hint.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Bytor

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3760 on: October 03, 2012, 01:28:26 PM »

Orkus wasn't that bad for me, I died lots of times on Ouroborus, cause I can't take a hint.

Same thing with me and Tiamat, I kept trying to simply overpower her and was getting killed. Pulled two demons and put in two much weaker ones, but ones with buff and de-buff spells and killed her pretty easily. Thank God Fornax is done, now on to Grus!

Everything's Eventual
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3761 on: October 08, 2012, 01:18:28 AM »

I'm currently fucking around with Saints Row The Third.  It's early, but so far I prefer Saints Row 2 in every possible way.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3762 on: October 08, 2012, 01:22:18 AM »

This weekend was good for gaming. Solo wise I'm playing Megaman Legends for the 1st time ever. I absolutely love the hell out of it. Especially the odd Bonne family and the music. And Data and the servbots!!!

Played RE6 multi with a very awesome friend of mine. Nice to catch up there.

Borderlands multi as well. Damn that game is so sweet.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3763 on: October 08, 2012, 09:49:34 AM »

Corpse Party is a game that most folks probably blow through in a couple days. Not me! I turn it into a multi-week time suck. I'm in Chapter 4 now. This game is pretty awesomely fucked up. Some of the "wrong end" descriptions are BRUTAL.
I get all the characters mixed up because they all pretty much look the same. This tends to cause much confusion when switching scenes.
This cannot end well.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3764 on: October 08, 2012, 07:44:23 PM »

This weekend was good for gaming. Solo wise I'm playing Megaman Legends for the 1st time ever. I absolutely love the hell out of it. Especially the odd Bonne family and the music. And Data and the servbots!!!

Played RE6 multi with a very awesome friend of mine. Nice to catch up there.

Borderlands multi as well. Damn that game is so sweet.

The MML series is seriously one of the best things Capcom ever did and they clearly recognized this which is why they are making a third one and not ever touching autoplaying social RPGs.

Advanced to Chapter 2 in Solatorobo. My initial impression of [?]that mysterious catboy is that he'd be playing the damsel in distress character or something. So far he's just coming across as creepy and weird, which I like.[/?] It's about as easy as I'd heard, except lobbing robots at walls is fun even when it's not hard.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: