Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 02:22:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327251 Posts in 13399 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 384645 times)
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3795 on: October 17, 2012, 01:27:27 PM »

I've decided to work on the platinum trophies in the MGS HD Collection which means that I'm now focusing on dog tag collecting in Metal Gear Solid 2.  Specifically, I'm now playing the Plant chapter on very easy mode.  I feel dirty. :(
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3796 on: October 17, 2012, 01:58:07 PM »

XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM

Sleep

XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM XCOM

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3797 on: October 17, 2012, 03:43:40 PM »

Just started Rule of Rose for Halloween.

.....Oh dear!

Is that a good oh dear or a bad oh dear.

(I'm about two and a half hours in.....this game is *messed up*.)

The *messed up* oh dear.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3798 on: October 17, 2012, 04:35:05 PM »

I think I played the 1st level and got the gist of it...came back a few weeks later and was overwhelmed. I'll start over in the next batch of games I play I think.

A piece of advice: If play Vanquish "like a shooter" you're pretty much playing half of the game wrong. Vanquish is an Action game with 3rd Person Shooter and Bullet Hell elements.

Don't get stuck in cover for too long but be careful when you get out of cover too, especially in higher difficulty when shit gets real. Punch and kick enemies, use your cigars to distract enemies from time to time (or when you really need to), throw granades and make them explote by shooting at them when you go in slow motion, learn to shoot while you are sliding as well as throwing grenades while sliding, etc.

Also, I would like to say that you should play on Normal Mode first because that's the real "Easy Mode" in Vanquish but it can be a bit too much for some people... I never touched the easier modes, but is your choice how to start either way.

I've decided to work on the platinum trophies in the MGS HD Collection which means that I'm now focusing on dog tag collecting in Metal Gear Solid 2.  Specifically, I'm now playing the Plant chapter on very easy mode.  I feel dirty. :(

Did you tried to get the Platinum Trophy on MGS4? Is pretty tedious too.

...getting the "Snake Eater" song for your iPod can be a pain.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3799 on: October 17, 2012, 08:38:18 PM »

Lard: I rather liked LOK: Defiance when I played it. But I loved the heck out of all those games. I miss Raziel and Kain.

I love the first two games as well but Blood Omen 2 is terrible and while Defiance starts out well, the Raziel sections get extremely tedious. There's a ton of running from one end of the level to the other, and when you're not sure where you're supposed to go, there's a large amount of frustrating running around in circles.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3800 on: October 17, 2012, 11:49:33 PM »

I'm finally going back for my second game of Katawa Shoujo.
I kind of dread what's ahead knowing it.

Stupid emotional roller-coaster game -_-
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3801 on: October 18, 2012, 12:08:41 AM »

FINALLY got far enough in Rogue Galaxy to be able to change my characters at will.  I can try out Jupis for the first time!  I get to use Zegram again!  Jupis sucks!  Zegram doesn't! 

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3802 on: October 18, 2012, 11:48:55 AM »

Lard: I rather liked LOK: Defiance when I played it. But I loved the heck out of all those games. I miss Raziel and Kain.

I love the first two games as well but Blood Omen 2 is terrible and while Defiance starts out well, the Raziel sections get extremely tedious. There's a ton of running from one end of the level to the other, and when you're not sure where you're supposed to go, there's a large amount of frustrating running around in circles.
Oddly enough, I never played Blood Omen 2. Poor reviews kept me away. I liked Defiance, though, because of the amazing exchanges between the two. Especially in the end. I got shivers, man!
"I am not you're enemy". *shivers*
Such incredible voice acting. I'd love to back to that world again.
I suppose Darksiders is kind of similar. I really want to play the new one.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3803 on: October 18, 2012, 11:54:50 AM »

I've only played Soul Reaver and that fucking game blew me away. As a sort of goth-metal kid in HS that watched The Prophecy way too many times that game was in my goddam wheelhouse for sure. I never played LOK, Soul Reaver 2, or any of the other games though. I'm sure they'd be hard to go back to now but here's to hoping for a new entry?

Darksiders is too much fun. (1st one still). You kind of need to keep playing this game, it's not very friendly for playing for a day or two then letting sit for a few weeks. There's way too many moves and items and powers etc. Love the exploration
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3804 on: October 18, 2012, 01:51:37 PM »

I booted up Baten Kaitos II (Origins).  My last save: 2008.  Hooooey...

I don't know why I never got around to it... Oh wait yeah, that's right.  The game has some outstanding difficulty spikes that'd give even Tri-Ace a run for its money.  That battle system is awesome, but I really think they're a bit unforgiving with the clock sometimes -- maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it.

But I'd be damned if I wasn't floored still by the graphics though.  As if cloud gazing wasn't nice enough, this game puts your right in the middle of it.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3805 on: October 18, 2012, 02:29:04 PM »

Also, I would like to say that you should play on Normal Mode first because that's the real "Easy Mode" in Vanquish but it can be a bit too much for some people... I never touched the easier modes, but is your choice how to start either way.

I always play games on normal or whatever the default is. It's a fun as hell game but you need to be in a rhythm for sure.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3806 on: October 18, 2012, 07:34:06 PM »

I got to poke a girl in the face with a maggot covered rat.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3807 on: October 18, 2012, 10:23:04 PM »

56% of the Demon Compendium on Strange Journey. Gonna be interesting to see how high I can get it, normally I get tired of attempting to 100% stuff like this especially if I get close to the end of the game.

Everything's Eventual
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3808 on: October 19, 2012, 01:22:26 PM »

Did you tried to get the Platinum Trophy on MGS4? Is pretty tedious too.

...getting the "Snake Eater" song for your iPod can be a pain.

It's not so much that the trophy is tedious (though dogtags from very easy through extreme is getting a bit tedious) as that I felt, frankly, embarrassed to be playing on very easy mode.  That said, after running straight through very easy to normal for dogtags I am looking forward to tearing through some VR missions. (I already have all of Raiden's missions and some Snake missions completed so at least I'm not starting from scratch.)

As for the MGS4 platinum:  No, I haven't downloaded the trophy patch yet and frankly, I simply don't like that game enough to try for the platinum.  I'll likely make myself run through that game a second time and try to pick up some trophies in the process, though.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3809 on: October 19, 2012, 09:40:44 PM »

I've only played Soul Reaver and that fucking game blew me away. As a sort of goth-metal kid in HS that watched The Prophecy way too many times that game was in my goddam wheelhouse for sure. I never played LOK, Soul Reaver 2, or any of the other games though. I'm sure they'd be hard to go back to now but here's to hoping for a new entry?

LoK is interesting but it really feels like it tries to hard to be 'dark and edgy.' Also it has this really obnoxious camera where you're always seeing the area in front of you, but not behind you, which would generally be fine except it's a top down, 2D game and it gets kind of disorienting. Also the game has some really gratuitous lighting effects and /way/ too detailed sprites, and the end result is it's visually cluttered as hell.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: