Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 02:14:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332816 Posts in 13637 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 417893 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3885 on: November 05, 2012, 11:08:37 PM »

I think Pokemon Conquest is the only Pokemon game that had /gameplay/ I actually enjoyed. I feel like the one on one battles in pokemon are really restrictive for single-player, in the main games.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3886 on: November 06, 2012, 12:44:30 AM »

Boss in Grus sector on Strange Journey was a bitch, until I realized what NOT to do, lol, meanwhile Masters Tiger Woods PGA 2012 has consumed my life

Everything's Eventual
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3887 on: November 06, 2012, 08:38:12 AM »

I think I'm getting close to the end of Assassin's Creed 3.  I just finished sequence ten, where Connor just did a lot of stupid shit for reasons that make no goddamn sense.  For once, the Desmond stuff has me hooked than the Animus stuff.  Might be because Connor is such a boring protagonist.

I won't lie, I just wish I could somehow take rope darts over to Assassin's Creed:  Brotherhood and play with them there. :P

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3888 on: November 06, 2012, 10:23:55 AM »

I agree with you on Pokemon Black 2. Or, White 2 in my case. I've beaten all 8 gyms and now on my way to Victory Road, but I never felt like there was any reason compelling me to even fight these 8 gyms. Team Plasma shows up once or twice, and you are supposed to stop them, but randomly the game says "but you should get the blahblah badge first!". Why? Shouldn't I be going after team Plasma? Why beating the gym in any way important?

The game puts you in a situation that needs urgency, but makes you do unimportant, trivial things first. I know it's pokemon, and getting the badges has always been the reason for going forward, it's just that it's never really talked about in this game.

You said it. The badges really don't feel important anymore. They no longer unlock the use of HMs outside of battle, so they can't use natural barriers anymore, so they just pull random crap until you get the next badge. It's one thing to say "sorry, you can't go forward until you get the badge" when you're trying to get the first one, but to do it after every badge so far? Especially when there's supposed to be more important stuff to do? That's mad annoying. Oh well, I'm going to Driftville soon, I won't have to pay attention to the story for a while...I just want to catch one or two more Eevees first...

EDIT: Eff yeah! Just caught two more Eevees, and one of them is female! Now I can breed the rest.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 11:35:05 AM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3889 on: November 06, 2012, 10:26:18 AM »

Up to like four of the Silvera Keys in King's Field 2. Roughly experience level 7 or 8. And running low on antidotes. May run back to the first are and get some new armor, IDK. Really digging it although playing it on a keyboard has lead to repetitive strain injury. Fup.

The save points reminds me of the save points in Persona. I feel warm fuzzies :3

o/` I do not dream o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3890 on: November 06, 2012, 01:54:58 PM »

Witcher 2
Man, this game is story heavy. I knew it was supposed to be like a Bioware game, but I didn't expect all these story and cinema scenes. It's not really a bad thing, just unexpected.
The game HAS been a bit too much on rails so far. While I hate the whole sandbox thing, I DO like some freedom as to where to go and what to do. I assume that's forthcoming.
The game looks great, but I'm not really impressed by the generic fantasy music so far. Hopefully it improves, or at least gets more variety.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3891 on: November 06, 2012, 01:59:29 PM »

Finished Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana Sunday night.  Final boss was surprisingly tricky, 85% because of his instant-kill attack that I never seemed to break.  Took me my third try to take him down.  Otherwise, I thought this was a so-so RPG that thrived on cuteness, familiarity, and item synthesis without being transcendentally good in any of those fields.  Its dungeons and overall playtime were mercifully short (good thing in general, but bad in that I consider it such a strength) and the English-language version had a lot of nice production value, but I don't think I need to delve deeper into the Atelier series.  

Up next, Okami HD!  Definitely pumped for this one.  Gonna go to an election party for most of tonight, but I'll fire up The Legend of Zelda: Gorgeous Painted Wolf Goddess Edition either late tonight or tomorrow afternoon.  

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3892 on: November 06, 2012, 04:45:55 PM »

I casually thought I would pick up a version of Final Fantasy VI for my son to play, but after looking it up, I am in shock. The GBA version is going for astronomical prices.
It was never released it for the DS or PSP? I thought it was, for some reason. It's hard top keep track of all the different FF releases.
I guess he won't be playing that game then.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3893 on: November 06, 2012, 04:52:04 PM »

I casually thought I would pick up a version of Final Fantasy VI for my son to play, but after looking it up, I am in shock. The GBA version is going for astronomical prices.
It was never released it for the DS or PSP? I thought it was, for some reason. It's hard top keep track of all the different FF releases.

Just grab it on Wii Virtual Console or PlayStation Network.  $10 tops.  PSN copy plays on the PSP/Vita.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3894 on: November 06, 2012, 06:12:48 PM »

I think Pokemon Conquest is the only Pokemon game that had /gameplay/ I actually enjoyed. I feel like the one on one battles in pokemon are really restrictive for single-player, in the main games.

I'll admit, I do enjoy the Double and Rotation battles more than the normal battles.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3895 on: November 06, 2012, 06:33:09 PM »

The other thing with Conquest is that the 6 v 6 battles meant that they could cut down on the amount of skills each pokemon had, rendering them all considerably more unique (and useful). So in normal pokemon you run into a lot of situations where you have a pokemon with on or two elemental skills and one or two other skills, and get a lot of suboptimal combinations that still work out okay, because individual pokes just aren't that unique at lower levels.

And it's kind of mandated by the 1v1 battles because otherwise you spend like 90% of the everything just swapping dudes around.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3896 on: November 06, 2012, 08:08:36 PM »

Been looking videos of Halo 4. As someone who has never got into the series before I have to say that this game has been tooking me by surprise because it really does looks pretty good.

I've been having the same reaction that I had when Uncharted 2 came out with Halo 4, I would need a 360 to play though... I've always been "against" in getting a 360 for how satisfied I've been with my PS3 but Halo 4 might be the game that makes me get one, however, with the whole thing of next-gen consoles you have to wander if is a good decision to go out and buy one now...

Either way, I'll see if I can try Halo 4 one of these days to have a better impression of the game by myself.

Square Enix haven't released FFVI again since last year on PSN, and the last "upgrade" that the game got was on GBA back in 2006/'07. Two years ago I believe there were rumors about remakes (not ports) of FFV and VI for 3DS but after all this time Square Enix hasn't said anything yet.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3897 on: November 06, 2012, 08:09:08 PM »

Just grab it on Wii Virtual Console or PlayStation Network.  $10 tops.  PSN copy plays on the PSP/Vita.
That right there is what I needed to know. Thanks, John!

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3898 on: November 06, 2012, 10:44:57 PM »

I need to play that fucking game. Is the virtual console version same as the PSN?
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3899 on: November 06, 2012, 10:53:32 PM »

I need to play that fucking game. Is the virtual console version same as the PSN?

Virtual console version is the SNES version straight up.  PSN version is the PSone port, which has load times.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: