Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 02:58:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319823 Posts in 13050 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 362093 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3900 on: November 07, 2012, 01:06:39 AM »

I love that a PSN version will still have the load times. Fuck that, I'll borrow someones Wii before I put up with that crap.

Started up Ass Creed: Bros. Probably the best example of a game where you can pour hours into it and not have done a damn thing

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3901 on: November 07, 2012, 02:42:09 AM »

How are the load times on the PSN version?  Never actually tried it.  I know that was a definite issue with the PSX version, but with the PSN version it's been read off the HD instead of a very slow CD-ROM drive.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3902 on: November 07, 2012, 05:09:29 AM »

How are the load times on the PSN version?  Never actually tried it.  I know that was a definite issue with the PSX version, but with the PSN version it's been read off the HD instead of a very slow CD-ROM drive.

Exactly the same since it was a problem with the way it was emulated rather than a technical limitation of the PSX. It's the same with every other PSX port of a Squaresoft game.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3903 on: November 07, 2012, 03:03:58 PM »

Well, the Wii VC version it is then! I can't remember the last time I bought something for the Wii online. I haven't connected it to the internet in months(years?).

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3904 on: November 07, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »

I recommend the GBA version; you get a few extra at least (and it comes with a "run" button -- take that sprint shoes). :)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3905 on: November 07, 2012, 06:51:56 PM »

I only hire female Assassins for my Sisterhood
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:08:48 PM by Yoda » Logged

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3906 on: November 07, 2012, 07:41:34 PM »

Didn't the GBA version also fix most of the bugs that FFVI had?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3907 on: November 07, 2012, 08:21:36 PM »

Assassin's Creed 3 beaten.  The last three sequences felt rushed and the ending sucked.  I would have enjoyed the game quite a bit more if (beginning of the game spoilers)

Code:
you could play as Haytham the entire time.  The man had style, personality, and wit.  That opening sequence at the opera house set a tone that the middle and end of the game couldn't even come close to maintaining.

Now I'm playing Dark Souls.  It's clicking with me a lot better than it ever has, considering that I'm already further into it than I've ever gotten. :P

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3908 on: November 07, 2012, 08:23:15 PM »

Didn't the GBA version also fix most of the bugs that FFVI had?

They fixed the Evade glitch (Blind is finally a status effect) and I think they banned Gogo from the Merit Award this time (no more Wind Gods), but you can still make Cyan go batshit insane, rock General Leo for the floating continent without the need for external devices like Game Shark, and Relm's Sketches will still break the game in the literal way.

Additionally now you can give everyone Ragnaroks and Illuminas through legit means rather than item duplication (which you can still do), learn Mog's Water Rondo dance in the WoR, and have an esper provide a Speed +2 bonus rather than needing to keep Odin (still doesn't make grinding speed worth it though).

Really the only meaningful changes were the Translation (good), the usual ROM Hack bonus dungeons (because Squeenix heard that you weren't grinding enough), and the tinny and poorly compressed audio quality and washed out color pallet (bad).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3909 on: November 07, 2012, 08:46:32 PM »

I only hire female Assassins for my Sisterhood

And then I thought of this:

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3910 on: November 08, 2012, 05:08:05 PM »

I recommend the GBA version; you get a few extra at least (and it comes with a "run" button -- take that sprint shoes). :)
Dice, apparently you didn't see my previous post about this. The GBA version is going for ridonculous prices! I'd prefer that one, too, but not for a $100.

https://www.google.com/#q=final+fantasy+vi+gba&hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ei=eCycUJDNDony2QWM5YDoAg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=4dd6078135d881c7&bpcl=38093640&biw=1052&bih=763

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3911 on: November 08, 2012, 05:46:59 PM »

Continuing with Okami.  I just passed the Tsuta Ruins and I'm still loving it.  Between the main story and some playing around I've done (treasure hunting and whatnot) I'm about eight hours in and it feels like I'm just getting started.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3912 on: November 08, 2012, 06:56:40 PM »

I really want a 3DS to play some of the mario games on there.... but since I bought a DS/PSP i've hardly used them. And I hate the exclusion of the 2nd analog.

In the meantime...ASS: Brudda's in da Hood is a fantastic game.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3913 on: November 08, 2012, 11:38:30 PM »

Buy this game!

Is nothing too mind blowing but is definitely fun for what it offers.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3914 on: November 09, 2012, 10:27:21 AM »

Just did an early morning run-through of Journey (my first playthrough).  I offer the following review:

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AWESOME.

Now back to Okami.
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: