Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 08:20:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331782 Posts in 13583 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 413794 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3915 on: November 09, 2012, 05:03:13 PM »

I recommend the GBA version; you get a few extra at least (and it comes with a "run" button -- take that sprint shoes). :)
Dice, apparently you didn't see my previous post about this. The GBA version is going for ridonculous prices! I'd prefer that one, too, but not for a $100.

https://www.google.com/#q=final+fantasy+vi+gba&hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ei=eCycUJDNDony2QWM5YDoAg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=4dd6078135d881c7&bpcl=38093640&biw=1052&bih=763

I honestly skim through most things I read here, sometimes updates come too fast or I don't see what's been "paged".

Guess I got mine when it was still reasonable. :D
Try indie game stores too.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B000LY4IDK/ref=sr_1_4_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1352498305&sr=8-4&condition=used
$60 for used isn't too bad (I personally don't see the harm in getting used games, used cartridge's especially, they're [usually] more durable than CDs).

I personally just don't wanna do a console version of the game again -- it's too, too slow.

Played Res 6 -- beat Chris' campaign.  I could see why peeps would hate it most, but I still took what I could and liked it.   I'm easily pleased though.  Jake is great, Sherry is the girliest girly fighter I've ever seen (like, valley girl weak)... it's no wonder they're making it up with the cattle prod thing.

Baten Kaitos II -- doing quests.... and that's pretty much all this game is.  Half the NPCs have them.  Some lame, some more exciting.  The pac man quests sucks major ass, but I got one of the more annoying items to "age" out of the way (the wanted posters take 50 freaking hours to turn into "local hero" posters).  Milly is a fucking MP tank, to the point I give a frown at Guillo and Sagi for failing to do nothing but waste it most of the time.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3916 on: November 10, 2012, 01:50:27 PM »

I'm about 17 hours into Okami and have beat Orochi and made my way to the capital.  The festival was a lot of fun.  The game continues to impress me.  They could have cut down the number of brush techniques and ended the game after Orochi and people would have probably still been happy with it.  Instead, they added a lot more content and added more to the story.

By the way, I'm loving some of the more overt Zelda tributes like racing a courier in a field/hub.

EDIT:  I also spent 100k on learning the piss attack.*  TOTALLY WORTH IT.

*The piss attack is an 'insult' that causes enemies to drop a dragon fang instantly.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:48:57 PM by Desert Walker » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3917 on: November 10, 2012, 02:39:41 PM »

They could have cut down the number of brush techniques and ended the game after Orochi and people would have probably still been happy with it.

IIRC that was the plan. Game was gonna be a trilogy, but then Capcom. So they had to combine stuff.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3918 on: November 10, 2012, 02:43:23 PM »

I bought MLB 12 The Show and I'll be returning the game. I tried playing the game through the button interface, but the pitching was awful. I'd locate a pitch and it wouldn't go where I located it. I tried analog controls (using the right stick) and that still sucked.

I bought it because I was trying to find a game to respark my interest in video games, but nope, I'm done.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3919 on: November 10, 2012, 08:50:24 PM »

They could have cut down the number of brush techniques and ended the game after Orochi and people would have probably still been happy with it.

IIRC that was the plan. Game was gonna be a trilogy, but then Capcom. So they had to combine stuff.

Go figure.  That makes sense given that the game builds up Orochi as TEH ULTIMATE EVIL and then suddenly 'oh yeah, and something survived.'  It feels like they combined two (or more) games into one.  Well, I'm not objecting.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3920 on: November 11, 2012, 02:48:09 PM »

I've been a baaaad gamer as of late..... I'm here for confession....

"Life" drastically reduced available playtime and internet time for me in the last month or so.... Without exploring those gory details, I'm happy to report that balance is being re-established.... Meaning 1-2 hours of gaming a day fits neatly back into the schedule and DAMN do I have some catching up to do as I still have a # of titles to finish up before I get to X-Com and Mugen Souls..... Any-hoo....

Most recently I just finished Corpse Party. With a few excruciating instances/aspects aside (like having to restart chapter 5 like 3 times before beating it) I absolutely LOVED this game. I never thought survival-horror could be so freakin' cool in 16-bit top down style... And with the plethora of bad endings and extra chapter/story content that doesn't require a drastic amount of my time to see, I can say, honestly, this is the only title I have played in a long time with real replay value for me.... Typically no matter how much I like a game and know I can bleed if for quite a bit more content, once the credits roll I'm through.

So corpse party, totally gets 2 thumbs up in my book. Even with the ridiculously  regurgitated maps and gameplay, the title just never got stale for me ..........the best part, was I actually felt legitimately creeped-out playing it. I'll be looking forward to the sequel.

In other news, I'm still making my way through the tiny world-yet long tale that is Breath of Fire 3. I've been playing this game for like a freaking month and a half now....  Currently I'm off to find the legendary mariner... I shudder to think of how much I have missed thus far though as I'm finding the most challenging part of this game to be discovering the masters, genes and optional stuff... Straight up battle difficulty became an afterthought as soon as I aquired the warrior gene (seriously unbalanced to the point where I have beaten every boss since getting the gene in 2-3 turns transformed).

So I'm still wading in the classic-styled gaming goodness I decided to indulge back in august... But my desire to get back to and finish Agarest 2 and Hyperdimension MK2 (been playing off and on since release-LoL) to finally move on to some new current gen stuff is really starting to get to me.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3921 on: November 12, 2012, 03:17:19 AM »

Even though I have shit to do... I need to finish AC:B tomorrow. That game was a BLAST.

RE:6. Jake's campaign is sweet. Some nice teamwork elements so far. The levels are much more fully realized than Chris'.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3922 on: November 12, 2012, 03:45:09 AM »

Dicked around in Stronghold (AD&D City Builder/RPG) for a bit. Seems really cool. NOT that sure what I'm doing in it.

KF2... got the fire spell and freed Marilyn's son. I need to get another gate key and I have no idea where to look.

I had a coffee today so sleep is out of the question.

o/` I do not dream o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3923 on: November 12, 2012, 11:36:12 AM »

The Witcher 2 is bugging me. I've apparently made some mistakes, and had no idea how NOT to.
In Flotsam I was supposed to do something about a Ballista, but had no clue what to do. I "failed" the quest because of it.
Then I was supposed to sneak around behind some building for whatever reason I forget. I almost immediately  bumped into a guard, and then I suddenly find myself inside, and having screwed up the whole thing! No second chances! Ugh.
So, for some reason, I now no longer have a sword at all. Just a pick axe. This sucks.
I went to see some troll, and both options he gave me ended up with him attacking me! It seems he wants vodka, but I have no clue where to get some.
I so desperately want to enjoy this, but I'm sucking at every turn.
I need to get some more orens, but the monsters in the forest aren't so easy with a pick axe. Plus, you don't even get orens for beating them anyway! Stupid modern rpg. I want money and exp for defeating monsters, dammit!
I'll keep going, as I like Geralt, and see a lot of potential here. Hopefully, I'll figure out how to properly play the damn thing. I suck.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 02:15:53 PM by GrimReality » Logged

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3924 on: November 12, 2012, 11:53:45 AM »

Res Evil 6 (BIOHAZADO) -- Jake's campaign with Yoder.  Chris' campaign is the weakest now, but still fun.  I like that this one is similar to Leon's chapter, a more traditional Resident Evil style, but with a bit more added depth to the characters (for one, I like having two [relatively] new playable characters to the series, but gameplay-wise, they're both clearly different to play as, much more than Leon and Helena were, and more than Chris and Piers were).  I'm liking this campaign a lot, and I like the added element of "watching your step".  I only wish that the idea of ducking and shooting was made better... The part with Sherry alone in the facility was a pain in the butt to not get caught, wall hugging isn't well explained, and attacking some fucker who's about to walk by while you're hiding is virtually non-existent.

...last thoughts: What the fuck is it like to compose music for a horror game?  Or the genre entirely...

dun dun.....dun...... suspense building...
SHHRREEEEEEE you've been caught!
DUN DUN DUN DUN DUUN DUN DUN DUUUN. run you asshole!! some shit is chasing yoouu!

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3925 on: November 12, 2012, 12:18:49 PM »

Dear Dice,

Let me ruin that game for you.

Signed,
The Management

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3926 on: November 12, 2012, 02:47:33 PM »

Naw, I think the fact that Jake might be a ginger is more distressing than Yoder's Amish ways.  I already knew he's a freak.  But to have a ginger in a game??....AAGGHHH

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3927 on: November 12, 2012, 03:15:26 PM »

It bears repeating, some of the enemies are really sweet in RE6. Once I(we) beat it we should turn up the difficulty and add some challange.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3928 on: November 12, 2012, 03:25:19 PM »

It bears repeating, some of the enemies are really sweet in RE6. Once I(we) beat it we should turn up the difficulty and add some challange.

Def agree.... and a maybe some of this kind of play.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3929 on: November 12, 2012, 05:04:22 PM »

The Witcher 2 is bugging me. I've apparently made some mistakes, and had no idea how NOT to.
In Flotsam I was supposed to do something about a Ballista, but had no clue what to do. I "failed" the quest because of it.
Then I was supposed to sneak around behind some building for whatever reason I forget. I almost immediately  bumped into a guard, and then I suddenly find myself inside, and having screwed up the whole thing! No second chances! Ugh.
So, for some reason, I now no longer have a sword at all. Just a pick axe. This sucks.
I went to see some troll, and both options he gave me ended up with him attacking me! It seems he wants vodka, but I have no clue where to get some.
I so desperately want to enjoy this, but I'm sucking at every turn.
I need to get some more orens, but the monsters in the forest aren't so easy with a pick axe. Plus, you don't even get orens for beating them anyway! Stupid modern rpg. I want money and exp for defeating monsters, dammit!
I'll keep going, as I like Geralt, and see a lot of potential here. Hopefully, I'll figure out how to properly play the damn thing. I suck.

Don't feel like writing long explanations so some quick notes that hopefully help or at least make you feel better about it:

-Ballista thing you had to distract the guard or intimidate him.
-Even if you didn't bump into a guard, I don't think too much changes (I've done it both ways, maybe something changes down the line but for the most part nothing changes)
-Your sword is missing because you couldn't enter the compound with your weapons.  All your weapons are in a box right outside the gate.
-I didn't do the troll part so no clue there, but check your quest journal it usually has some clues.
-If you haven't done this already, taking peoples orens from their house (and whatever else is laying around) is a decent way to pick up some coin.  There is a fighting ring in the basement of the pub too which I think can win you some money.  I can't remember though.

Hope this helps.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: