Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 20, 2014, 01:47:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341067 Posts in 13940 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 454365 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3930 on: November 12, 2012, 07:10:12 PM »

Beat Ass Creed: Brotherhood.....what a pretty shitty ending. I like all the scifi stuff, but the last 2 hours of the game are a total and colossal rush job. Not sure if I'm going to finish getting the glyphs or not. In all, a fun game. Glad I got it bargain bin style.

Games beat this year:
rage
ico
alan wake
resident evil 5
journey
dragon age 2
amlur
me3
uncharted 2
batsy: arkham asylum
infamous
ass 2
Deus Ex: HR
Darksiders 1
Assassin's Creed: Brothers in the Hood
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3931 on: November 12, 2012, 08:42:52 PM »

-Your sword is missing because you couldn't enter the compound with your weapons.  All your weapons are in a box right outside the gate.

Hope this helps.

What?! How in the heck was I supposed to know that? No one said anything about this. What compound are we talking about? Where the Flotsam boss guy was? I guess I'll go back and check. Thanks!

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3932 on: November 12, 2012, 09:44:51 PM »

Hey Yoda, how is Rage? I was planning on buying it last year but I lost interests day after it was released. Lately though I've been wondering if is any good or not.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3933 on: November 12, 2012, 09:59:42 PM »

<----not Yoda...lol....however I loved Rage, it certainly doesn't have the memorable characters of Borderlands but the visuals are simply top notch and I found the mechanics to be wonderful, aim there, shoot there and the various weapons damage provide loads of fun and incentive to use various weapons.

Everything's Eventual
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3934 on: November 12, 2012, 10:16:18 PM »

Hey Yoda, how is Rage? I was planning on buying it last year but I lost interests day after it was released. Lately though I've been wondering if is any good or not.

It's been a while since I beat it but I can tell you I enjoyed it a lot. The story is shite, from what I recall. But visually it's an impressive game. The various side quests are very fetchy an un-original but the meat of the game is full of fun missions. The shooting and combat feels spot on and the weapons are a total blast in id fashion. It's probably 10 bux now and worth it, imho. I'd rather play that kind of shooter than a CoD type.

Also, the enemies are fun to fight with. They run at you from odd angles, climb walls, and swing from the ceiling. There's also a fun and not overbearing creation system, as well as different ammo types that are easily equiped.

If you're in for a shooter with great gunplay, bad story, great graphics (even if the textures are low res, but who cares), and lots to do then this is a great game.

If you don't care about story I say at least check it out and laugh at one of the most sudden and weakest endings to a game I've ever seen.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3935 on: November 12, 2012, 10:24:24 PM »

Sound like a mixed bag that looks and plays great. I might get it... maybe.

Thanks guys.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3936 on: November 12, 2012, 10:57:00 PM »

Sound like a mixed bag that looks and plays great. I might get it... maybe.

Thanks guys.

Mixed bag is the best term actually. If you can look past faults then you'll have fun
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3937 on: November 13, 2012, 12:45:36 AM »

FPSes don't need stories. FPSes need gratuitous-feeling shotguns.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3938 on: November 13, 2012, 01:20:43 AM »

FPSes don't need stories. FPSes need gratuitous-feeling shotguns.

Every FPS should be multiplayer-only then.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3939 on: November 13, 2012, 03:42:56 AM »

So far Jake's chapter is the best in RE6. Lots of good buddy cooperation.
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3940 on: November 13, 2012, 06:41:29 AM »

Okami is fantastic.  Embarrassed not to have played it sooner.  Wrapping up things in Taka Pass (wanted list, hidden treasure) before I head back to Kamiki Village for the festival.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3941 on: November 13, 2012, 10:15:09 AM »

So far Jake's chapter is the best in RE6. Lots of good buddy cooperation.

I hate those fuckers who can't die... AUGH.  But yeah, I def thought so too. Each chapter played quite differently, and kept it nice and varied.

Gotta replay a few levels for Ada's campaign to unlock since the game thinks I didn't finish everything.  Clearly the sum of the parts isn't the whole to Res 6; but I'll probably blaze through them on amateur though.
Which reminds me: Defense Lv.3 is too good.  I don't know if it was just Sherry, but she auto-healed while I barely took any damage.

Jake x Sherry was adorable too.  The girlie in me was all: DAAWWWW

Okami is fantastic.  Embarrassed not to have played it sooner.  Wrapping up things in Taka Pass (wanted list, hidden treasure) before I head back to Kamiki Village for the festival.

I love this game too... but do the cutscenes annoy you??
I  h a t e  w h e n  t h e y  p u t  t e x t  o u t   a  l e t t e r  a t  a  t i m e  .  It wasn't reading Shakespeare (remember when FFTactic did it too?  Why do companies think that's a good idea?).  Most NPCs are either ungrateful for the shit you do, ignorant to it, or thank you too much.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3942 on: November 13, 2012, 10:20:51 AM »

Just finished Okami.  Wonderful game and wonderful experience since I got stuck and was never able to complete it back on PS2.  I'll be making a second run some time soon to polish off the trophies I missed but for now I'm very curious about Beyond Good and Evil HD which I missed out on last generation.  I'm also very happy that the trophy for getting four blooming trees was not as difficult as I had anticipated.  I got it on the first run merely by being awesome (0 deaths :D) and putting a significant amount of time into exploration.  I was expecting to have to make a speed run to qualify for a certain time and was happy to find that total time spent in the game doesn't factor in.
OrsonFury

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3943 on: November 13, 2012, 11:34:27 AM »

I'm thoroughly enjoying Gungnir. I held off on buying it for a while due to my backlog of games. I snatched it up when it dipped temporarily to $14.99 on Amazon. It's a cool SRPG and also my first Department of Heaven title.

The game reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre in terms of gameplay, classes, political intrique and so forth. My only complaint so far is that the game is linear and moves quickly from battlefield to battlefield. Since I can only dispatch 3-5 characters in one battle and only having room for 15 characters for my total army size, I feel many of my characters are underdeveloped. One of my matches I was outmatched and basically slaughtered. Fortunately, the game most of the time allows characters to "retreat" instead of a straight death (but sometimes that is the case). The injured character stays injured for a battle or two until returning to 100% strength. The risk of placing an injured soldier in battle is that they could die if beaten in battle.

Small complaints aside on logistics, this is a great game I can't let down.

Playing: SMTIV (3DS).
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3944 on: November 14, 2012, 04:10:03 AM »

Playing Ada's chappy... feels like I'm cheating on my co-op partner in crime
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: