Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 07:45:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331512 Posts in 13574 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 411766 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3945 on: November 14, 2012, 11:07:33 AM »

Playing Ada's chappy... feels like I'm cheating on my co-op partner in crime

Res 6 : Playing....on my own. *ahem* Getting emblems and finishing chapters the game thinks I didn't finish.
I want to get better at this game; for some odd reason aiming above 75% accuracy is asking for a lot.  ...what a waste of bullets.
I wanna try out mercs soon -- a fun migraine they are.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:42:38 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3946 on: November 14, 2012, 11:48:46 AM »

Beyond Good and Evil HD didn't grab me so I found myself pulling out the Sly Cooper Collection to tie up some loose ends while waiting for the Assassin's Creed Trilogy to come in the mail.  Opened all the safes in Sly 1 to complete the platinum and I'm working my way through Sly 2 which I stopped previously a bit less than halfway through the game (DAMN YOU MGS!), Sly 3 is next.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3947 on: November 14, 2012, 04:49:41 PM »

-Your sword is missing because you couldn't enter the compound with your weapons.  All your weapons are in a box right outside the gate.

Hope this helps.

What?! How in the heck was I supposed to know that? No one said anything about this. What compound are we talking about? Where the Flotsam boss guy was? I guess I'll go back and check. Thanks!

Memory is foggy but somewhat sure Roche says something like, "Don't forget to pick up your weapons in the box beside the gate" or something close.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3948 on: November 14, 2012, 10:07:44 PM »

Picked up an extra $300 for 8 hours work this weekend (yay!) so I grabbed a PS3 here. And managed to find an English version of Catherine.

Gotta say I can see why it got mixed reviews. The gameplay just isn't that compelling.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3949 on: November 15, 2012, 01:18:51 AM »

Picked up an extra $300 for 8 hours work this weekend (yay!) so I grabbed a PS3 here. And managed to find an English version of Catherine.

Gotta say I can see why it got mixed reviews. The gameplay just isn't that compelling.

But somehow, you feel like you've 'lost' if you don't beat that game.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3950 on: November 15, 2012, 01:52:40 AM »

I actually liked the gameplay in Catherine.  But then I like puzzle games.  And you don't usually see puzzle games with a narrative like that...it was and interesting combination.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3951 on: November 15, 2012, 06:12:58 AM »

But somehow, you feel like you've 'lost' if you don't beat that game.

Actually, after getting to level 3-3 and spending over an hour on it, and dying repeatedly - like 20 times in a row, I feel like the only thing I lost was spending money on this game. It would have been a much better anime. As a game, it just doesn't work.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3952 on: November 15, 2012, 03:11:55 PM »

It would have been a much better anime. As a game, it just doesn't work.

It wouldn't exactly work as an anime. Part of the reason is because the story of Catherine is based around how the player answer the questions asked to him/her in the confessional.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3953 on: November 15, 2012, 03:54:54 PM »

-Your sword is missing because you couldn't enter the compound with your weapons.  All your weapons are in a box right outside the gate.

Hope this helps.

What?! How in the heck was I supposed to know that? No one said anything about this. What compound are we talking about? Where the Flotsam boss guy was? I guess I'll go back and check. Thanks!

Memory is foggy but somewhat sure Roche says something like, "Don't forget to pick up your weapons in the box beside the gate" or something close.
Oh, I'm sure you're right. I have  a terrible memory, and obviously forgot in the 10-minute interim. Pathetic.

I somehow got Geralt involved in drinking with Roches soldiers and ended up passed out with all my stuff gone. Annoying, but kind of funny.
I need to stop goofing around and get back to the main quest.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3954 on: November 15, 2012, 05:15:15 PM »

It would have been a much better anime. As a game, it just doesn't work.

It wouldn't exactly work as an anime. Part of the reason is because the story of Catherine is based around how the player answer the questions asked to him/her in the confessional.

Normally when I finish a game with multiple possible endings I watch the ones I didn't get on youtube, Catherine is the exception, I loved everything, even the frustrations, about that game and I will eventually get all of the endings.

Everything's Eventual
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3955 on: November 15, 2012, 06:58:22 PM »

More Okami.  Ran around Ryoshima Coast and Sei-An city for awhile, but couldn't quite find the next plot point.  Stupidly blew all my yen on a new sword that I probably don't need.  Ah well, gotta explore-grind some more. 

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3956 on: November 16, 2012, 03:06:17 PM »

Got a pretty full gaming card this weekend with some Blops 2 multiplayer and the Lost Shores GW2 event. Should be good times:)

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3957 on: November 16, 2012, 07:44:42 PM »

Finished Sly 2 and I'm working on 3.  2 wasn't as engaging as I hoped, but then again I was restarting the game half-way through.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3958 on: November 17, 2012, 01:43:42 AM »

Res6-- Played some Mercs.

Round 1: Dice is all like, "yo, fucking awesome music!"

Round 2: Dice be all, "yo, same song!  Awesome[?]"

Round 3: Dice finally negotiates her feelings for only one Mercenaries level music. "This track: Still awesome", she says.

Anyways, playing the game on Veteran definitely brings new meaning to this song... especially in regards to how even the odds are with zombies successfully pulling off a hit.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3959 on: November 17, 2012, 09:04:00 AM »

Got from Level 3-3 to 5-3 last night in Catherine.

Still not "enjoying" the game exactly. The puzzle parts are okay but the final levels where something is chasing you are really annoying.

It's nice that they tried something new but it just doesn't work for me.

Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: