Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 11:51:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334652 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 425461 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #4020 on: November 29, 2012, 02:08:40 PM »

A mix of ME3 Omega, ME3 MP and Virtue's Last Reward. Except I forgot to save and had to do an entire puzzle again. Oops!

Single player Mass Effect is so eeeasy after so much MP. I need to bump the difficulty methinks. Especially when I'm a vanguard. Just ignore the squishiness.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4021 on: November 29, 2012, 02:10:53 PM »

A mix of ME3 Omega, ME3 MP and Virtue's Last Reward. Except I forgot to save and had to do an entire puzzle again. Oops!

Single player Mass Effect is so eeeasy after so much MP. I need to bump the difficulty methinks. Especially when I'm a vanguard. Just ignore the squishiness.

Eugh, problem with puzzles games is that a second go around isn't very fulfilling (you know what to do)... so it shouldn't be too bad to re-do it.

I think with your consistent Mass Effect talk I may as well get the Collection when it's finally out on the PS3.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: November 29, 2012, 02:19:11 PM »

It's out next week! The PS3 one is the beat deal imo because ME1 comes with a DLC and ME2 comes with 3/4 of the important DLCs.

Yeah, at least it's easy to remember the puzzles. This is why I didn't mind playing 999 over to get 5/6 endings - but I know a lot of people didn't like doing that.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4023 on: November 29, 2012, 04:22:20 PM »

In regard to Breath of Fire 3..... All I have to say is the Desert was the most "un-fun" thing I think I've ever had to do in an RPG..... It wouldn't have been too bad actually, however upon exiting and speaking with some folks at the oasis I learn there is (of course) some treasure to be had for venturing back in.... that is when the true torture began.... you can't even call it a mini-game or puzzle.... just quite simply monotony at its most excruciating..... I have one more treasure to go, but I think another trek through that desert would cause my "fortitude" to crumble....

Yeah, that part sucks.  I ended up using a FAQ for that and it wasn't too bad.  I'll take that over the huge plains in 4 though.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4024 on: November 29, 2012, 04:30:35 PM »

Still meandering my way through backlogs.... how I'm being disciplined enough to still not indulge X-Com or Mugen Souls is beyond me..... but I'm running with the fortitude I'm exercising lately and trying to polish off Breath of Fire 3 with Alice Return to Madness as an aside..... Absolutely loving Alice BTW... I guess I can enjoy something that is not a JRPG or an SRPG.....

In regard to Breath of Fire 3..... All I have to say is the Desert was the most "un-fun" thing I think I've ever had to do in an RPG..... It wouldn't have been too bad actually, however upon exiting and speaking with some folks at the oasis I learn there is (of course) some treasure to be had for venturing back in.... that is when the true torture began.... you can't even call it a mini-game or puzzle.... just quite simply monotony at its most excruciating..... I have one more treasure to go, but I think another trek through that desert would cause my "fortitude" to crumble....

Best advice for the desert is to find a GameFAQ and follow it since the instructions the game gives you to make it through the desert were mistranslated. Also most of the treasure isn't really worth it either since you can get both the Royal Sword and the Life Armor from the fishing minigame.

E:f;b.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4025 on: November 29, 2012, 04:40:05 PM »

So anyways, on my gaming front I went a snagged a cheap copy of both Jade Empire and Panzer Dragoon Orta for my otherwise barren XBox library.

I'll finally have something to talk about in this thread beyond other peoples' games.

Both are great games.  I'd like to know what you think of Jade Empire.  I think it's Bioware's forgotten classic.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4026 on: November 29, 2012, 05:12:22 PM »

I really enjoyed Jade Empire, except that I didn't like only having two characters in your party at one time (I like a party size of at least 3, preferably 4 or 5) and thought that a few specific styles shattered the game's balance in the second half (looking at you, Jade Golem).  Even with those setbacks it's a fun little RPG with decent characters and great dialog.  Final sequence of good/evil decisions are pretty cool for what they are, but EXTREMELY black/white.  My favorite party members were Silk Fox and Black Whirlwind. 

Code:
Also, Jade Empire has at least two plot twists that are "so he was his brother the whole time!"  Not a joke.  I wanna say there are three, but I only remember two....
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 05:14:45 PM by Monsoon » Logged

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4027 on: November 30, 2012, 12:24:38 AM »

Can someone list me a bunch of video games that had Angkor Wat inspired areas in them.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4028 on: November 30, 2012, 01:00:15 AM »

Illusion of Gaia

...I got nothin'.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4029 on: November 30, 2012, 01:06:38 AM »

Skies of Arcadia had the most basic representation of all that was Indian/Egyptian in a floating continent.

Which reminds me; I heard a HD port of that game was planned....

Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4030 on: November 30, 2012, 05:57:12 PM »

Still meandering my way through backlogs.... how I'm being disciplined enough to still not indulge X-Com or Mugen Souls is beyond me..... but I'm running with the fortitude I'm exercising lately and trying to polish off Breath of Fire 3 with Alice Return to Madness as an aside..... Absolutely loving Alice BTW... I guess I can enjoy something that is not a JRPG or an SRPG.....

Best advice for the desert is to find a GameFAQ and follow it since the instructions the game gives you to make it through the desert were mistranslated. Also most of the treasure isn't really worth it either since you can get both the Royal Sword and the Life Armor from the fishing minigame.

E:f;b.

...........damnit...... i wish i knew that before wasting 4 1/2 hours walking mindlessly.... but Aeolus, bless your kind heart... you just spared me another evening of frustration.... I won't check a faq (personal policy) and I only got the Royal Sword.... the armor still eluded me... knowing there is another way to procure it will allow me to advance in peace.... Thank you kindly :)
Can someone list me a bunch of video games that had Angkor Wat inspired areas in them.

I imagine Angkor Wat inspired quite a few stages/areas in various games..... Or at the very least designers have unwittingly mimicked the setting a number of times....

Earthbound
Zelda
Various Final Fantasy locals
Tomb Raider
Secret of Mana.......
.......... heck even Zombies Ate My Neighbors... (if I can recall correctly...).... all have various egyptian/indian esque temple settings...  Tales of Graces F had a whole country...

However all these I've listed I think are more loosely based on the desert/egypt theme rather than Angkor Wat which, in truth, is a different animal altogeather (from what I gather from a quick wikipedia glance...)

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4031 on: December 01, 2012, 08:29:29 AM »

Skies of Arcadia had the most basic representation of all that was Indian/Egyptian in a floating continent.

Which reminds me; I heard a HD port of that game was planned....

If I recall correctly, Egypt's on the wrong side of both the Silk Road and Alexander the Great's empire from Angkor Wat (well okay, the Silk Road goes past India and into China, but details).

As for the Angkor Wat inspired areas in JRPGs I can only think of jungle ruins like those in Pedan Jungle in SD3 and Rossitti's Lair in LoM (and obviously IoG which has an Angkor Wat (although Terrengima doesn't)). There just aren't that many jungle ruins stages that aren't inspired by Mayan culture or made indistinguishable between the two.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4032 on: December 01, 2012, 10:25:55 AM »

The Message; A short story about space and stuff in it.

Totally Accurate Toilet Simulator (NSFW?)

And also this if nobody saw it yet...

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4033 on: December 01, 2012, 10:51:00 AM »

If I recall correctly, Egypt's on the wrong side of both the Silk Road and Alexander the Great's empire from Angkor Wat (well okay, the Silk Road goes past India and into China, but details).

No, you're right.... I just don't really have any better suggestions than "Indian-esque" settings.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4034 on: December 01, 2012, 11:32:13 AM »

Didn't Arc the Lad 1 or 2 have something? Or Grandia?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: