Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 02:09:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331741 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 413347 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4065 on: December 05, 2012, 09:15:24 AM »

Took a break from Witcher and downloaded the first Ep. of The Walking Dead.
I love the look of the game. I presume it's the art style from the comic books.
I've already been in some pretty tense situations, and had some tough decisions to make.
I'm REALLY liking it so far.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4066 on: December 05, 2012, 11:28:47 AM »

Finally completed Radiant Historia.  Took a few days because end of game grinding is tedious, but I followed my standard procedure when I run into a tough dungeon and upped my team ten levels - Stocke/Raynie/Marco from 50 to 60.  Now I can start Etrian Odyssey 3. :)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4067 on: December 05, 2012, 05:19:53 PM »

Ratchet and Clank Love

Agree on all counts.  I didn't know they made a HD remake of the first three games.  For anyone looking for R&C action, that is undoubtedly your best bet.  The first one is meh from what i've heard (actually never tried it), but the 2nd and 3rd (going commando and up your arsenal) are amazing and my favorites of the series.  If they're in HD - even better!  Definitely go with the R&C Collection.  3 games in one!

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4068 on: December 05, 2012, 09:55:22 PM »

As soon as I run through the Jak & Daxter collection I'll be starting on the Ratchet & Clank collection.  I'm excited about it since I've never played more than the intro level to the first game in the series.

In other news, I have to admit to being impressed with Radiant Historia's length:  Keeping in mind a couple of hours lost on one particularly stubborn piece of firewood, completing several sidequests, and some grinding my playthrough clocked in at just under 45 hours.  That's a pretty nice sweet spot, not too long and not too short.  I've started Etrian Odyssey 3 and I'm liking it up to this point.  I've just made a couple of forays into the labyrinth and mapped out B1 so I'm now a 'true' adventurer according to the officials.  The map drawing element is interesting and I'm really appreciating the attempt at some pretty landscapes given that my last first-person dungeon crawler (my first, too, actually!) was Strange Journey.  I loved that game but after about fifty hours it got pretty depressing.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4069 on: December 05, 2012, 10:10:57 PM »

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is fun, for whatever reason I am not enjoying it as much as II, still fun but I dunno, just can't seem to get as attached to the story.

Everything's Eventual
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4070 on: December 06, 2012, 03:53:29 AM »

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is fun, for whatever reason I am not enjoying it as much as II, still fun but I dunno, just can't seem to get as attached to the story.

I felt the same way. Wait until the final act. blurgh
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: December 06, 2012, 01:45:51 PM »

I felt the same way. Wait until the final act. blurgh
Agreed on all counts. Gameplay was improved but the story made II more enjoyable. :(

I haven't even started Revelations and that's supposed to be even worse.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4072 on: December 06, 2012, 11:47:22 PM »

Folded and bought Pokemon Black Version 2. I have no intention on making this game easy for me, so I'm going to pick 2-4 pokemon and use em as my team. The 3rd/4th is going to be my HM slave--which will be adjusted to fit my HM needs. Time for fun.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4073 on: December 06, 2012, 11:49:28 PM »

Folded and bought Pokemon Black Version 2. I have no intention on making this game easy for me, so I'm going to pick 2-4 pokemon and use em as my team. The 3rd/4th is going to be my HM slave--which will be adjusted to fit my HM needs. Time for fun.

That's usually how I played... mainly because I found "raising them" or whatever to be a pain.  Find one I like the look of, and stay true to it the entire game.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4074 on: December 07, 2012, 01:18:11 AM »

They should make an Assassins Creed game where you play as Creed and you kill people by playing songs.

Killed the hidden Takers outside of Pentil and founder another capsule in Geneforge.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4075 on: December 07, 2012, 07:44:05 AM »

That's usually how I played... mainly because I found "raising them" or whatever to be a pain.  Find one I like the look of, and stay true to it the entire game.
That's how I've played every Pokemon game from Crystal onward. If you have decent type diversity then it makes the game harder stamina-wise (items more important than ever!) but easier grind-wise. You get plenty of levels just from fitting trainers.

And shit, playing with a small team of 4 gets you REALLY attached to those four. My Diamond team was Staraptor, Torterra, Medicham, and Lucario. Plus two HM bitches for surfing and cutting or whatever. Never forget.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4076 on: December 07, 2012, 08:26:12 AM »

I'm one of those who tend to level up 6 pokemon equally. My current team in White 2 is Honchkrow, Wiscash, Chandelure, Magnezone, Tangrowth and Vanilluxe.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4077 on: December 07, 2012, 10:50:20 AM »

And shit, playing with a small team of 4 gets you REALLY attached to those four. My Diamond team was Staraptor, Torterra, Medicham, and Lucario. Plus two HM bitches for surfing and cutting or whatever. Never forget.

Yeah, my team for Pearl was Staraptor and Torterra and later on Lucario. My last member, because I was lazy, was Palkia. My HM slave was a steelix I caught later in the game and some random water type for surfing. Starapto knew fly, so I was set with most of the other HM in use by the other two slaves.

This is going to be an interesting game...because I really have no clue what the pokemon after diamond/pearl/platinum (and even in those games I still don't know a bunch of the new ones). The only pokemon games I played were Red/Blue/Yellow and Pearl...so I hope this doesn't become too overwhelming. Eh, I'll be fine....I can always result to a team of...

Lillipup

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4078 on: December 07, 2012, 12:58:16 PM »

Thanks for the help in selecting some things outside the realm of my typical tastes guys!

I have a ton of Gamestop store credit saved up and started procuring a few titles already...

@ Monsoon- That was a freakin' awesome summary of the Ratchet and Clank franchise... I wanted to follow your (and everyone elses) advice and pick up the collection but due to availability and coupon factors, I caved and hopped in at "A Crack in Time".... which I really enjoy despite the fact that I hate space/future settings and anthropomorphism.... The gameplay is just too fun to not appreciate....

Additionally I picked up Rayman Origins, Red Dead Redemption and Code of Princess....

I still have a ton of store credit though and now I can't decide if I want to use it toward more games or a Wii U.... decisions... decisions....

In my little galaxy of gaming I finally polished off Breath of Fire 3!! An unfinished task that plagued me since childhood due to the curruption of saved data (damned third party memory cards.....).... I must say though, that ending was relatively lackluster and predictable....ok so I am being kind because I really like the vast majority of the game.... in all honesty I thought the ending completely sucked.... and the last 2 bosses went down in minutes with my Ryu, Nina and Rei in attack formation strategy.... I guess it really was game breaking... I hardly even had to heal save the occasional  beef jerky every other turn or so...

In other news, I decided to curb my current compulsion to hammer through backlogs and start X-Com..... game is absolutely phenomenal IMO... I do wish I could customize my troops appearance a bit more... I hate how all the guys are so freakin' "brutish-commando" looking.... A minor gripe really...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4079 on: December 07, 2012, 01:34:02 PM »

In other news, I decided to curb my current compulsion to hammer through backlogs and start X-Com..... game is absolutely phenomenal IMO... I do wish I could customize my troops appearance a bit more... I hate how all the guys are so freakin' "brutish-commando" looking.... A minor gripe really...

Don't worry, they'll be gone before you know it.

That said, I'm now in the second town in Jade Empire. Apparently, I've gotten more Shmups recently than I initially realized (although JE's doesn't add anything to the proceedings and are rather unnecessary overall). Now to get onto Silk Fox's good side.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: