Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 02:54:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335242 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 435180 times)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4110 on: December 11, 2012, 01:27:46 PM »

FUN FACT. The uhhh, goblins? I dunno, in Condie Petie are speaking Scots!

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4111 on: December 11, 2012, 01:42:08 PM »

Final Fantasy IX
Pretty much doing the Chocobo world tour to get items.  Hmm trying to determine:
Eiko vs Garnet?
Amarant vs Steiner vs Freya?
Quina vs???

The moogle side quest is annoying, I'm missing 2 letters and I don't know where the hell where.  I heard the reward kinda sucks though...

Garnet all the way. Dat Ass says it all. But seriously, Eiko simply surpasses Garnet with Madeen, the Carbunkle variations, and Raisega.

Freya, no joke. Though it loses it's uniqueness later on, Dragon Crest is still the fastest way to the damage cap of 9999....

Outside of Quina that is, and it's Angel Whisper/Limit Glove combo. And then there's the other usual Blue Magic shenanigans. Also 100 frogs are no where nearly as irritating to get as 200 lightning bolts since you don't lose all of them if you miss one and is far more rewarding with a sicknasty Frog Drop than a better Onion Knight plushie.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4112 on: December 11, 2012, 02:18:43 PM »

Funny enough, that's a Ragtime mouse questions.  They're NOT Godlins, they're DWARFS!!!!  That's so, like, racist. D:

The party questions have not helped me at all.... I'M TORN.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4113 on: December 11, 2012, 09:23:48 PM »

So in the last 24 hours I cranked 10 hours into Pokemon Black 2. (It's my birthday today, don't judge me...)

My team consist of 4 members which should suffice the whole game:

Hududududu (Smugleaf [servine])
Rodudududu (Growlithe)
Sadudududu (Sandile)
Frank (Gothita)

My HM slaves are

Slave 1 (Sewaddle)
Dedede (Psyduck)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4114 on: December 11, 2012, 09:27:29 PM »

Funny enough, that's a Ragtime mouse questions.  They're NOT Godlins, they're DWARFS!!!!  That's so, like, racist. D:

The party questions have not helped me at all.... I'M TORN.

If it's late enough that you actually get a choice in the matter then just go with your favorites.

Meanwhile I ended up getting my shit wrecked in Jade Empire twice in fairly short order. The first from those demons up in Heaven (although the true demon was the camera because all I could see was T&A before getting wrecked by status effects galore) and the second from the cannibal mother boss fight (which hit like a fucking truck shot out of a cannon, and of course Dawn Star just has to pick this moment to take off while the rest of the cavalry decided to sit back and enjoy the show).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4115 on: December 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM »

Finished Homefront this AM and since I was off work today I decided to start something new. On a whim I put in Enchanted Arms and after @2 1/2 hrs I must say this IS a pleasant surprise!

Everything's Eventual
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4116 on: December 12, 2012, 12:05:46 AM »

Beat Civ V as Ethiopia in one sitting.  Prince difficulty.  Cultural victory.  Four cities.  Never touched coal, aluminum, or oil.  Never researched nukes.  Ethiopia's good at faith/culture and defending the homefront.  Now I need sleep. 

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4117 on: December 12, 2012, 02:13:21 PM »

I've been playing 999 off and on for the past several weeks.  I finally got the best ending today.  It certainly gave me a lot to think about, to say the least. :P

I picked up a copy of the Mass Effect trilogy collection on PS3, and am currently undertaking the toughest challenge I can think of:  go through the entire series without choosing a renegade option.  I've been successful so far.  I even managed to get through Feros without gunning down innocents. :P

Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4118 on: December 12, 2012, 02:25:32 PM »

Started Fallout 3 a couple of days ago.  It's taken it until now to really 'take', but this morning I completed the 'Bloodlines' side quest and I think I'm starting to get it.  Up until now the barren world has been a bit difficult to stomach -- I don't know why, I knew what I was getting into when I ordered it, although the last open world, first person game I played was Morrowind (a few months ago) -- and the game hasn't been as fun as, say, Jak II, but with the (peaceful) resolution of Bloodlines it felt like the world and the lore really began to open up to me, I felt a sense of both accomplishment and (pleasant) immersion.  I've also done a bit of the main quest and will note that this game isn't afraid to kick your ass. 

On a different note, given that the last game I played like this was Morrowind I keep expecting to see an option to press the white button to remove a carcass from the game once you've searched it.

My adventure in EO3 continues:  I took my level fourteen team and went through Stratum 1, level two and cleared out four F.O.E.'s in a row, opening up most of the second level to me.  I mapped out everything barring a door that is inaccessible at this time in the same run and picked up a couple of new side quests on the way back.  I felt like a badass.  I love this game.  Etrian Odyssey IV has honestly became my most anticipated game of 2013.  I thought that only getting one point at a time when leveling would drive me crazy but it's actually a lot of fun to strategize for what I'll need in the future and analyze my characters as I progress to see what area needs the most immediate attention and try to work on that.  Onto level 3!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:36:51 PM by Desert Walker » Logged
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4119 on: December 13, 2012, 01:57:08 AM »

Took down AssCreed 2. Started it over the summer and ended up finishing it this past week. Really fun game, and free running is my fav activity ever. Huge info dump there at the end, but I kinda expected most of it, what from the hints and some spoilers I read. The last sequence with Desmond was pretty dope though; I hope there'll be more of that in the future.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4120 on: December 13, 2012, 02:03:28 AM »

Started Disgaea on PSP. The character design is effin' creepy, the storyline makes me cringe and some of the mechanics seem a bit obtuse, but for some reason I'm pretty addicted. I've just finished chapter 1, so we'll see...
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4121 on: December 13, 2012, 03:53:50 AM »

I've been playing 999 off and on for the past several weeks.  I finally got the best ending today. 

I played it 4 times and died horribly every single time.  Had fun the whole time through, but didn't have it in me to do a 5th run.

Played super Mario brosU.  Did multiplayer with my bf and man do we suck.  We kept taking each other out.  So much for co-op.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4122 on: December 13, 2012, 06:20:03 AM »

Got ending B in Nier and am on my way to Mexico in Red Dead.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4123 on: December 13, 2012, 07:25:56 AM »

Got Pokemon White 2 as an early Christmas gift this weekend - I haven't played any of the 5th-gen Pokemon games yet.  Shortly after getting the game, myself and two friends had a "let's sit around and trade Pokemon" party and now I have all three starters, a Deino, a Gothita, a Vullaby, and and DURANT.  All of them are level 1 babies bred by my one particular Pokemon-obsessed friend, and are either un-catchable in White 2 or unavailable until the post-game.  Mostly I wanted a Pokemon named DURANT. 

...I don't know if I'll go whole hog into White 2 the same way I did into Diamond (Pokedex around 470-475, decent EV-trained Sandstorm stall team), but I'll definitely play it like a normal RPG and check out the new Pokemon in the new generation.  So far I haven't caught anything particularly cool (only 2 badges in), but I like a lot of the small surface changes that the game has made. 

Edit: I should mention that after the game was gifted to me, one if my friends INSISTED that I use Durant and a second Pokemon that I won't name. Durant because my friend and I both love basketball, and the second Pokemon because it is almost EXACTLY my last name. Seriously, remove one letter and it's my name exactly. Paul said: "man you have to use ____." Your name is right there!" Turns out it's a pretty good Pokemon once it evolves and I can catch it without much trouble. So why not?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:03:24 PM by Monsoon » Logged

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4124 on: December 14, 2012, 04:03:41 PM »

Finished the first SW - Knights of the Old Republic, great game (and I'm not even a fan of the SW franchise). Unfortunately I already knew what was the big twist, but the exposition was awesome nonetheless. Overall it's like proto Mass Effect 1, which can only be a good thing. Shame what happened to Bioware.

Looking forward to KOTOR2 with the restoration mod. Let's see what Obsidian can come up with (aside from bugs).
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: