Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 02:27:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337838 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 440566 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4200 on: December 28, 2012, 09:31:43 PM »

The whole series of walking dead is 10 bux on xbla. 1st ep is free and the others are 200 points. I've never read the comics and barely seen the show but from what I heard of the games they're a riot. I'm not sure how long the sale is on for so you better jump on it like i did
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4201 on: December 28, 2012, 10:23:38 PM »

The games are loads of fun, from a story aspect, the actual gameplay can be a little frustrating, it's not hard but I did die a couple of times from simply not targeting and pushing a button soon enough, but once you realize what to do it's pretty simple.

Everything's Eventual
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4202 on: December 29, 2012, 12:47:22 AM »

The Walking Dead, a riot? As in FUN? Sorry, but those episodes were not Fun, per the standard definition. It's way too dark and serious to be fun. It's completely about the story and the decisions you make. The game play, which CAN be awkward at times, is totally secondary. I loved the games, but I would warn those who haven't yet played them to be prepared for a graphic adventure. They are NOT action games. Most of the time you're moving the cursor around and figuring out what to do next.

I'm back on Witcher 2. I'm still in Chapter 2, with a myriad of quests to accomplish. Rocking game, but this is going to take forever.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4203 on: December 29, 2012, 01:45:46 AM »

Remembering some room in a game, but I can't remember which game. It was PS2/PS1 era, but I don't know the actual system. It was a shopkeeper, I believe a weapon store, and I'm pretty sure it was in an RPG (although it could've been an open-ended action/adventure game a la Jak and Daxter).

What I remember is that the room was longish, had red carpeting, and I think there were... guard robots/guard golems in it. If I remember correctly, there was... a secret room you could access by looking for a button on a bookshelf/under a vase/something.

I THINK you were there to steal a weapon.

Does this sound familiar to ANYONE?

In other news, adding 4 gigs of RAM to my laptop has made New Vegas run inexplicably worse. WTF, Gamebryo? Whatever. Up to the Mojave Outpost. REALLY need to start scavenging for scrap parts to make into stuff. I am really low on shotgun ammo.

Attempted to play Amalur but Origin is terrible.

Did the first quest in Drakensong: The River of Time. Seems nice. Going to hold off on it for now. Main focus is New Vegas for the time being.

Oh also played some more The Last Remnant. Did thhhhhhe thing with the rebels in the abandoned keep. First/second mission in the game. Seems nice but I'll need to play more of the larger battles to get a proper feel for it.

---edit---

1. New Vegas - Unbroke my save. Got the gay dude and the robodog in my party. Going to explore a hotel fire next !!

2. Kingdoms of Amalur - Bought this from gamersgate. Came bundled with DLC. Activated DLC. You need an active internet connection for the DLC to work. If the EA servers cannot be connected to, you can't use saves that had had the DLC activated on them. I think I'm either going to figure out how to... address that. It's annoying because the game seems really damn good otherwise.

3. Anno 2070 appears to be a mashup of SimIsle, Tropico, and Outpost 2, but isn't really as interesting as either of those. IDK maybe the demo just gives a bad impression.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 09:09:11 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4204 on: December 29, 2012, 09:51:37 PM »

So I've managed to dump about 12 hours into Far Cry 3 over the last two days. Being on vacation AND being sick? I've basically mutated into a Hobbit with Steam access.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4205 on: December 30, 2012, 12:03:34 AM »

I've been in love with Far Cry 3 and about an hour ago the fucking dog knocked over the brand new halo 4 Xbox and the disc is ruined. Yay:(.  No use crying over spilled milk, right? Can't smack the dog so I'm just quietly fuming:/

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4206 on: December 30, 2012, 12:25:13 AM »

The games are loads of fun, from a story aspect, the actual gameplay can be a little frustrating, it's not hard but I did die a couple of times from simply not targeting and pushing a button soon enough, but once you realize what to do it's pretty simple.

Even though the animation is a bit stilted I fucking love the environments. Great work here.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4207 on: December 30, 2012, 01:27:27 AM »

I've been in love with Far Cry 3 and about an hour ago the fucking dog knocked over the brand new halo 4 Xbox and the disc is ruined

Wow. Modern technology is flimsy.

Anyway, heading to Dillmoor in TLR. Remapped the keys so that it's... consistent with an XBox controller, so that the on-screen help is more useful. Apparently you can set it to give you keyboard prompts and I'm just a dingus mcgee :(

o/` I do not dream o/`

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4208 on: December 30, 2012, 01:36:13 AM »

I've been in love with Far Cry 3 and about an hour ago the fucking dog knocked over the brand new halo 4 Xbox and the disc is ruined. Yay:(.  No use crying over spilled milk, right? Can't smack the dog so I'm just quietly fuming:/

Chances are a disc resurfacing will fix you right up.  A local game or cd store probably does it for five bucks or less.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4209 on: December 30, 2012, 01:54:11 AM »

Chances are a disc resurfacing will fix you right up.  A local game or cd store probably does it for five bucks or less.

Nope.  Unlikely, if the system was knocked over, he probably got the "perma-ring" fried onto the CD.  I don't think even resurfacing fixes that. =/
Hard to hate a dog even for that...they're too fucking cute. :(

Playing FF9.  Um, I have a nasty habit of leaving the system on, and I have clocked over 100 hours, when the clock only goes to 99:59:59.  I love what happens after.  It kinda creeped me out too, the it starts back at 00:00:00, but the letters change colour and it looks like: 00:00:00.  Maybe a warning that you've been playing too long.

Doing all sidequests.  I happily beat Hades on my first try (yay!).  I love all the weird ass secrets in Memoria (well, except that I clearly missed any hope at Excalibur II...over 90 hours late...).  It's weird that a lot of the strongest stuff is easily obtained through Choco Quest than final dungeons or character sidequests... kinda sad my party is already pretty jacked for challenges.  I'm training against the Van's on Vile Island.  Fuck they're a frightening enemy based on the sheer fact they love launching comets at your face.  ...why do enemies cast float on you??  What for??

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4210 on: December 30, 2012, 02:00:40 AM »

Q. If they make consoles that will ruin a disc if they get knocked over, then why make it possible to stand them upright anyway?

Q. Long boring rant redacted.

I complete forgot where the fuck I was going with this.

Also wrt the guy below me, discmans are fuckin'b oss.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 11:10:30 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4211 on: December 30, 2012, 02:49:10 AM »

Yeah man my sony discman never ruined my joe satriani discs when i was doing shit all summertime style
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4212 on: December 30, 2012, 05:17:29 AM »

Playing Final Fantasy XIII. It was a Christmas present from my brother last year (he didn't like it, so he wrapped it in some nice paper and put it under the tree), but I didn't really get around to playing it until a couple of days ago. I like Hope more than I thought I would. I mean sure, his behaviour in the beginning of the game was annoying, but he had every reason to act that way. Can't really hate him for being human, right? He's also an awesome little mage, so that helps.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4213 on: December 30, 2012, 01:30:06 PM »

Nope.  Unlikely, if the system was knocked over, he probably got the "perma-ring" fried onto the CD.  I don't think even resurfacing fixes that. =/
Hard to hate a dog even for that...they're too fucking cute. :(

Playing FF9.  Um, I have a nasty habit of leaving the system on, and I have clocked over 100 hours, when the clock only goes to 99:59:59.  I love what happens after.  It kinda creeped me out too, the it starts back at 00:00:00, but the letters change colour and it looks like: 00:00:00.  Maybe a warning that you've been playing too long.

Doing all sidequests.  I happily beat Hades on my first try (yay!).  I love all the weird ass secrets in Memoria (well, except that I clearly missed any hope at Excalibur II...over 90 hours late...).  It's weird that a lot of the strongest stuff is easily obtained through Choco Quest than final dungeons or character sidequests... kinda sad my party is already pretty jacked for challenges.  I'm training against the Van's on Vile Island.  Fuck they're a frightening enemy based on the sheer fact they love launching comets at your face.  ...why do enemies cast float on you??  What for??

If you leave the game on for another 99:59:59 you'll change the clock's color to green and again for blue and so on until you go back to white which conveniently puts you back on the clock for Excalibur II.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4214 on: December 30, 2012, 02:01:48 PM »

I am notorious for leaving my systems on and maxing clocks out as well... it always frustrates me because I like knowing how long I've been playing.... additionally useful when getting back into a backlogged title with a bunch of different save files to sift through.... but it is so nice and comforting to walk into my house and hear the bubbly background tune of some jRPG-town-music..... I love it.... 

I have always wondered if this was a bad habit or not... I mean, logically it should shorten the system's lifespan right??? but both my 60gb ps3's get left on for days and still work great now after quite a few years without any servicing or refurbishing..... to be honest I completely expect at least one of them to die soon... I don't think I've ever had systems survive this long..... My psp gets left on for weeks at a time without any problem either... Could stopping them and starting them back up be of greater detriment to the consoles than just leaving them on? I always wondered....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: