Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 04:17:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327346 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 385758 times)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4320 on: January 13, 2013, 08:37:22 PM »

Mickey, try stalker? It has much lower system requirements, but is similarly atmospheric, apocalyptic, and Slavic.

I forget I have that game. I should probably play that soon...oh wait, yeah, now I remember, I need a controller. Guess I can use my PS3 one...

And I agree with a lot of what you said about Zelda, especially Zelda 1, since I'm playing it right now, and have gotten further than ever, so I'm noticing a lot of the strategy and design of the dungeons and enemies.

Actually, reading it all again while I type this, I think you hit every nail on the head...I'd explain more, but I don't think there is anything more I could add.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4321 on: January 13, 2013, 09:07:17 PM »

I should probably play that soon...oh wait, yeah, now I remember, I need a controller. Guess I can use my PS3 one...

STALKER wouldn't work well with a controller at all and I doubt it even supports one.

---edit---

La Mulana - Got the Mausoleum life gem. That helps a... little.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 09:45:04 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4322 on: January 13, 2013, 10:29:56 PM »

I should probably play that soon...oh wait, yeah, now I remember, I need a controller. Guess I can use my PS3 one...

STALKER wouldn't work well with a controller at all and I doubt it even supports one.

That could be a major problem. I find FPSes to be completely unplayable with a mouse and keyboard. :| Crap...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4323 on: January 14, 2013, 12:17:49 AM »

That could be a major problem. I find FPSes to be completely unplayable with a mouse and keyboard. :| Crap...

Howso?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4324 on: January 14, 2013, 02:34:26 AM »

Did they fix all the big glitches in fallout new vegas? I want to dive the hell into that game but not if it's still sloppy.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4325 on: January 14, 2013, 07:54:41 AM »

I played it back when there was only 1 patch and never encountered any game breaking bug. I figure that by now the game should be stable.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4326 on: January 14, 2013, 08:14:45 AM »

Did they fix all the big glitches in fallout new vegas? I want to dive the hell into that game but not if it's still sloppy.

As far as I know. Obsidian is good about patching stuff. I never encountered anything serious, and most of the minor bugs I saw were related to the Gamebryo engine just being... Gamebryo.

http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/pc-controller-support/alpha-gamepad-joystick/xbox-360-ps3-psx-etc-ns/s/stalker-call-of-pripyat

So there's third party STALKER: CoP gamepad support. Though again I'd really recommend getting used to mouse + keyboard since the game has a very mouse driven UI.  There are a lot of settings that can affect how usable one finds a keyboard + mouse setup so if you tell me what problems you have with it I might be able to help out.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4327 on: January 14, 2013, 09:02:29 AM »

Zelda Twilight Princess
Felt like it.  I really, really wanna do Wind Waker after too (anyone selling their gamecube or first gen Wii?  Mine are dying... and it needs to be "not too used"). 

I beat the Temple of Time, I love the hell out of the Dominion Rod, wish there were more chances to use it.  And beat the City in the Sky (whose boss, though easy -- like many/all of them -- is one helluva lot of fun).

I love this game's graphics, I think they're almost perfect.  I adore playing or replaying the game.  I'm sad right now because Palace of Twilight is next, and the goddamn Floor Masters can suck my butt.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4328 on: January 14, 2013, 12:28:35 PM »

Howso?

I can't aim for shit with a mouse, and I find mouses uncomfortable since I have so little space to use one. And I can never remember what key does what when I really need it when I use a keyboard.

Anyways, While the game itself doesn't support a controller, it seems there are programs I can use for it that'll emulate a mouse and keyboard with a controller, and there are enough major commands that can be mapped to a controller, too. I'll see how that goes once I get around to it sometime this week.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4329 on: January 14, 2013, 11:17:13 PM »

La Mulana

Code:
1. Got the helmet.
3. Got the Seal of Conception.
4. Got the Scalesphere.
2. Drained the water place.

Attempted to progress in Darkroot Garden in Dark Souls. Could not.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4330 on: January 15, 2013, 03:49:12 PM »

Last dungeon of Seiken Densetsu 3!! Woo-hoo!! Although I just spent nearly 3 hours farming "???" seeds for my final class change.... highly frustrating business....

Zone of the End is boring me a bit.... but I really think that is just in contrast to playing Seiken densetsu right now.... truth be told, this is the most appealing mecha-material I have indulged since Xenosaga and the Evangelion movie/remakes. Good stuff, and I am still on the first game! I can't wait to get to the second as it seems the general consensus is the sequel is far superior.

Lastly, but CERTAINLY not least I have a true treasure here..... Rewind back to last summer..... I started a thread about all super famicom titles worth hunting down.... You guys pointed me in some great directions... One of which was sailor moon: another story....... I finally got it and gave it a shot as I've really been meaning to indulge/finish all of sailor moon's old material before the new sailor moon this coming summer.... Holy heck do I love this game... 3 walking speeds (fast, really fast, and like freaking warp) with no accessories needed, awesome spritework and best of all it truly is "Another Story".... not just some turn-based romp through the same sailor moon scenario we are oh so familiar with.... I will say though, if you are not familiar with sailor moon (and I do mean really freakin' familiar) this game does very little to guide you into the moon universe... it totally takes for granted that you know A LOT about the series before playing.... in fact, before I continue playing this I watching some of the show and reading more of the manga...

These are good gaming days I tell ya.... I think I should always sprinkle in a bit of 16 bit goodness into my gaming regimen... keeps me happy...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4331 on: January 15, 2013, 04:19:42 PM »

Zone of the End is boring me a bit....

Are we talking ZoE or ZoE2 ?
If ZoE... yeah the game wasn't hot stuff. It pretty much exists as the prequel the great game that came after.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4332 on: January 15, 2013, 04:36:57 PM »

Chapter 9 Ghost Trick...wow...what a fun aggravation, if that makes any sense that is.

Everything's Eventual
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4333 on: January 15, 2013, 04:51:20 PM »

Resident Evil 6:

Got it last week and started getting into it last night finally. From what I've played I can say that RE6 is pretty great if a bit messy, there's still a long road ahead of me so I guess I'll save my opinion for later.

Also.

Sherry is way too adorable.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 11:11:19 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4334 on: January 15, 2013, 05:56:39 PM »

Playing with a buddy is probably the best way to play Res6.  Usually the goofy antics between you and a bud help smooth out (i.e. not notice) its flaws haha

And yeah, Sherry is so cute.  I love it when girls can rock that almost boy short hair.  She inspired the grey with white fur Winter jacket I got actually.

Twilight Princess

Easily, most stressful part in the game is racing the Wall Masters in the Palace.  I went into it blind, it's really tricky to figure it out that way, some of the enemy surprises aren't too nice either.  Worst part is probably that horrific noise that plays when it gets close.... SHWEEE SHWEEE SHWEEE SHWEE~!!  *SMACK*

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: