Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 11:35:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319175 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 357817 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4395 on: January 23, 2013, 08:29:00 PM »

I'm in the mood for some light-hearted gaming. Was thinking of getting one of the banjo games from xbla....

Kazooie or Tooie? I never played them on N64. Thoughts?

One of my favorite games growing up.  Dang.  Didn't know they were on BXob (not fixing that typo).  They're not "excellent" but they're a lot of fun from what I remember.  Essentially a Mario 64 clone...but I mean, is that really a bad thing?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4396 on: January 23, 2013, 11:02:10 PM »

Dice this is just what I needed

It looks amazing all hi-resed too.

http://youtu.be/2C3m5Lno_20

God I need a blunt

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4397 on: January 24, 2013, 01:13:30 AM »

Dice this is just what I needed

It looks amazing all hi-resed too.

http://youtu.be/2C3m5Lno_20

God I need a blunt

After the week I'm having, me too.  I intend to destroy all the brain cells of what I learned this week with that much 'jointage' later.  I promise we'll hang out if only to do just that and say "life is stupid...hehehehehehehehe" (Beavis Butthead moment).

I ramble.

Yeah, that intro is what you get.  It's like Mario, but a lot less subtle and almost kitschy in style and humor.  But it is fun, and it's great to have "special moves" you learn.  The levels are also vaguely more interesting due to their larger scope and added characters.  Also, I loved the secrets.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4398 on: January 24, 2013, 10:41:11 AM »

Started Shadow Hearts: From The New World. So far, this game is a little goofy. I think It's going to be an interesting turn from what I usually play.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4399 on: January 24, 2013, 04:56:41 PM »

I bought Ni no Kuni, but I want to finish a few more games off my backlog before it comes out.  Messing around in the post-game of Pokemon White Version 2 and planning to start Tales of Vesperia for the first time later tonight.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4400 on: January 24, 2013, 05:01:39 PM »

This Vyce battle in Tactics Ogre is fucking annoying... he is unstoppable because they give him a finisher. I need to grind to be able to beat him, but I'm not in the mood whatsoever. I might end up shelving this for awhile now.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4401 on: January 26, 2013, 01:15:07 AM »

New Vegas: Picked up Boone as a follower. Left Arcade Gannon for a bit -- I like him more as a character but he's a bit problematic in close-quarters fighting and tends to shoot me or RoboDog a lot. Anyway, doing REPCONN now.

I like how this game constantly jumps from kitsch to deeply unnerving, and how quickly it does it.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4402 on: January 26, 2013, 09:46:31 PM »

Finished Kotor 2. What an engrossing story, albeit difficult to follow at times. It's a shame that instead of a proper sequel we got a MMO. Kotor 3 would've been great.

Now to wait for a deal on New Vegas...
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4403 on: January 27, 2013, 08:34:46 AM »

Thinking about playing inFAMOUS 2 because I got it free from Playstation Plus and am trying to keep myself from buying any DLC at the moment(so no NISA games which is basically my entire backlog).

Also trying to finish White Knights Chronicles 2 Platinum. To anyone who earned the Platinum trophy legitly, my gosh you have my respect. I've used game genie on my save file, and even still this post game dungeon is ridiculously boring. Ten "dungeons" of the same five levels(well two, with one repeating four times). Because of random drops it can take 45-55 minutes to go through one of these dungeon even if you can kill everything in 1-3 hits. And if you do this legittly, you probably have to go through these repeatedly. I can only manage to go through one of these dungeons a day. x_x
Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4404 on: January 27, 2013, 12:33:42 PM »

Playing Saints Row the Third (working on THQ humble bundle still) and it's loads of fun. I just loooooooove driving around the city in my sports car. The handling and drifting really rocks.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4405 on: January 27, 2013, 12:37:06 PM »

I'm on Day 6 in SMT Devil Survivor 2. I had a character end up dying. I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to games, so I'm not too worried about it. I did try to beat the boss and was just about there, but I got raped at the end because I was underleveled/didn't have strong enough demons.

Been playing Ni no Kuni. I'm at the place where you have to do those sage trials. The test of friendship is hard for me since I'm not used to using the right analog stick at all, so Esther keeps falling off the ledge. It'll just take some practice to get used to controlling her in that part.
Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4406 on: January 27, 2013, 01:15:37 PM »

Thinking about playing inFAMOUS 2 because I got it free from Playstation Plus and am trying to keep myself from buying any DLC at the moment(so no NISA games which is basically my entire backlog).

Also trying to finish White Knights Chronicles 2 Platinum. To anyone who earned the Platinum trophy legitly, my gosh you have my respect. I've used game genie on my save file, and even still this post game dungeon is ridiculously boring. Ten "dungeons" of the same five levels(well two, with one repeating four times). Because of random drops it can take 45-55 minutes to go through one of these dungeon even if you can kill everything in 1-3 hits. And if you do this legittly, you probably have to go through these repeatedly. I can only manage to go through one of these dungeons a day. x_x

I'm jealous.... I always wanted to make my way through WK to get WK2.... looked very appealing to me... but alas, it still sits on my shelf untouched... I made the mistake of buying that the same time I bought Xenoblade.... popped in Xeno first... you can imagine what happened...

I'm on Day 6 in SMT Devil Survivor 2. I had a character end up dying. I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to games, so I'm not too worried about it. I did try to beat the boss and was just about there, but I got raped at the end because I was underleveled/didn't have strong enough demons.

Been playing Ni no Kuni. I'm at the place where you have to do those sage trials. The test of friendship is hard for me since I'm not used to using the right analog stick at all, so Esther keeps falling off the ledge. It'll just take some practice to get used to controlling her in that part.

Ahhhhhh! That friendship test didn't take me long but it sure did piss me off..... Just take your time and move them one at a time and it is much easier.... I was (at first) trying to move them both simultaneously and Esther kept falling on me too.... I believe there is only one brief instance you actually NEED to manipulate them both at once (at the start of the 3rd set of paths if I am not mistaken)

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4407 on: January 27, 2013, 01:43:38 PM »

I bought a 3DS yesterday so that I can get Fire Emblem next week and decided my first 3DS game would be New Super Mario Bros.2 since I loved the first one... well that was a mistake. It's simply kind of boring compared to the plumbers other games. Incredibly short (beat it in probably 4-5 hours) and the level design is just not up to par. Really disappointed honestly.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4408 on: January 27, 2013, 08:07:01 PM »

New Vegas - Did more of the REPCONN stuff.

Code:
Got rid of the Nightkin in the basement. Now I have to get the stuff to start the rocket launch for the Ghouls. I'm thinking that could end badly and I'm going to hold off on doing that quest till my speech skill is up to 45.

Or apparently booze will temporarily raise my charisma HMMMMMM

Shame that the DLC for NV is apparently not very good. One of the few games I would totally buy DLC for.

Someone was telling me that FFIV wasn't grindy -- which is very much the opposite of what I remember -- so I was considering starting a new game of it, but... looking through the FAQs, the number of useless character skills kind of turns me off.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 08:37:39 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4409 on: January 27, 2013, 09:16:45 PM »

Is the New Vegas DLC really not good? I've been waiting for years to get that game, but I wanted the DLC because FO3 had really good DLC. Man...I can get for, like, under $10 without the DLC now...And I got the Ultimate Edition sitting in my Amazon cart, waiting for me to finally have the opportunity to get it...

Anyways...I just got Ni no Kuni, and all of a sudden I have a powerful urge to play a grid-based RPG with explorable levels...which Ni no Kuni most definitely is not. Why do I always have these stupid urges at the worst times? Might just grab a demo and get it out of me. Anybody know if any of the Heroes of Magic games, Rainbow Moon, or, Wakfu play like RPG adventures with grid-based movement and gameplay? I suppose there's also Fallout, which I already bought...but that game raped the hell outta me when I last attempted it...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 09:53:20 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: