Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 05:03:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341307 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 456581 times)
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4440 on: January 29, 2013, 07:56:40 PM »

Still plugging away at Enchanted Arms, just got into Kyoto City actually and got the key for the Ascetic Temple, wanted to play something different so played @2 hours of Uncharted 3, I LOVED 2 but I have to admit right now I am not loving this as much, but it is still early in the game.

Everything's Eventual
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4441 on: January 29, 2013, 08:07:10 PM »

Are you playing the PS3 version of that game? Bethesda is notably bad on PS3 development, unfortunately.

Yeah. I have the PC version, but I liked the game enough that I decided I wanted a console version. Big mistake...I honestly thought the problems were patched out, but I haven't gotten a single patch since I bought the game. :(

Wait why? They're the same game, but the console version lacks mod support and apparently has more bugs.

Like I said before, I can't really aim with a mouse, and I didn't know I could use my PS3 controller until sometime after I bought it (got the game 6 months ago, only played it recently). Plus, it was cheap - like, $10, I think, for the GOTY edition. Now I know why.

I'm just gonna stick with the PC version now, though. I'll just use a controller.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4442 on: January 29, 2013, 11:40:47 PM »

Do you really need to AIM though? You have VATS.

Anyway, did Nelson in New Vegas, and then did the Ranger Station Charlie stuff. Legion is suitably creepy.

Kind of would not mind tying Fallout 3 but my experience with Bethesda's games has been... Okay they're pretty much my least favorite game company. And I've heard that FO3 has some of the Bethesdaish things I don't like, namely a complete lack of economy when it comes to worldspace (lots of needlessly big and empty buildings; lots of dead space).

I didn't like Fallout 2, for that matter (kind of for the same reason Bethesda's games bug me -- FO2 was huge and very, very messy for it), so I'm actually not aware of most of the lore in the series since I guess most of it came from FO2 and not 1. I thought the NCR was something New Vegas came up with.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4443 on: January 30, 2013, 10:09:32 AM »

That is true, and I kinda tried to rely on that, but Vats is slow and has a recharge time, so it got really annoying. I actually liked freely aiming and actually hitting stuff when I played the PS3 version, I just didn't like the bugs. So I'll just use what I'm used to on the PC. I already tested out MotionInJoy, and it seems to work. Plus it has a 360 controller emulator to trick Games For Windows stuff.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4444 on: January 30, 2013, 11:38:51 AM »

Ni No Kuni.... I always feel like I'm talking about an Italian-Japanese boy.

My thoughts on meeting the Cowlipha in what was a seriously frightening case of Gluttony.

I'm kinda sick of some Ghibli tropes, they seem to have a penchant for drawing people gorging, I don't really get it.  I also felt weird with her gorging on cheese...made from milk..... and shes a cow..... hopefully it's goat cheese....?....!!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:27:50 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4445 on: January 30, 2013, 12:38:29 PM »

That is true, and I kinda tried to rely on that, but Vats is slow and has a recharge time, so it got really annoying.

That's were PC/mods help. There were plenty of infinite VATS mods for people who didn't want to play this as an FPS.

Personally, I loved the action cam mods for VATS. Every shot was like a high budget action movie. One of them even did different POV replays when the shot was 'awesome' enough =)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4446 on: January 30, 2013, 05:05:50 PM »

This Vyce battle in Tactics Ogre is fucking annoying... he is unstoppable because they give him a finisher. I need to grind to be able to beat him, but I'm not in the mood whatsoever. I might end up shelving this for awhile now.
When in doubt, more archers.

The Vyce battle is a 1 vs 1 battle lol. I need to get Super Mario 3D Land at some point.

I forgot about the different routes in the game (unless that's at the very end, which I didn't finish).  You could switch to Ninja for their awesome TP skill, or Blademaster/Samurai for evasion if you know when the killing blow is coming up

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4447 on: January 30, 2013, 06:19:30 PM »

I restarted The Last Remnant after an aborted attempt to play it a couple of years ago. Now that I've switched the battles to turbo mode and turned the QTEs off (which is what I should've done in the first place) it's a lot more fun than when I was playing it at normal speed. I really wouldn't want to play the 360 version, it's slow as hell when turbo mode is off.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4448 on: January 30, 2013, 09:37:20 PM »

Dark Souls - Got bored trying to beat the Moonlight Butterfly legitimately, so I summed Beatrice to do it for me. Waiting for it to come into range is... maddeningly dull.

New Vegas - Found a radiation suit. Did some stuff at Camp Searchlight. I have a bunch of gecko hides I need to tan and offload.

---edit---

So it turns out I had a shield in dark souls that would've made the butterfly fight a lot easier. I am stupid.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:06:03 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4449 on: January 30, 2013, 09:54:06 PM »

Got a cheeseburger hat in Find Mii. The cheeseburger hat is the best hat.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4450 on: January 30, 2013, 10:15:03 PM »

grinding for dungeoness zenny in megaman legends
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4451 on: January 30, 2013, 10:55:37 PM »

10,000,000 is the best match-3 puzzle game.  Mostly because it has some RPG dungeon grinder trappings.  Everything is made better with RPG elements.  Cost me four bucks on Steam, but I think it might be cheaper than that on iOS. 

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4452 on: January 31, 2013, 07:44:59 AM »

grinding for dungeoness zenny in megaman legends

I always find that the most efficient place to grind Zenny in that game was with the balloon popping gameshow minigame. Just equip something with high rapid/energy or range and clean house. You don't even need to do well to earn more Zenny than even one trip into that one substation that has a lot of enemies with high yield Zenny drops.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4453 on: January 31, 2013, 07:22:45 PM »

I bought FTL on Steam today after hearing about it here and there for the past few months. VERY good game:)

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4454 on: February 01, 2013, 02:10:37 PM »

Doing Vanquish on Hard mode without dying and after that going to do Challenge 6.

Let's do this!
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: