Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 03:08:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334802 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 428558 times)
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4455 on: February 01, 2013, 10:23:35 PM »

Started this Four in February nonsense after work earlier this evening with Psychonauts.  Neat setting, good dialog, and a FUCKTON of things to collect.  Platforming is... decent, but not the best I've seen on the PS2.  But I totally dig it so far and I'll keep at it until I get those credits rolling.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4456 on: February 01, 2013, 10:34:01 PM »

I wish I just had 4 games in my backlog. Now I have 400...oh wait, that's what I started with when I started Backlogging. Now I have 800. It's not supposed to work that way!!! ;_;

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4457 on: February 02, 2013, 02:33:31 AM »

Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time has officially driven me mad.

There's this battle against a powerful boss who (for various plot reasons) is basically just trying to retreat.  You lose if he reaches the edge of the screen so you have to kill him before that.  Big deal, right?  Just pour on the damage.

Well, slight complication: the boss is pretty much invulnerable and can only be damaged for a limited time after an NPC you have absolutely no control over does a special attack.  Yeah, that's right: most of the time you're just sitting around waiting for him to do his thing.  I guess you can cast buffs and stuff on him, but there is no buff to increase his glacial walking pace as the enemy boss wanders off...

Oh, and of course there's no savepoint before all this.  Because why would anyone need a savepoint?  Actually, it's worse than that...there used to be a savepoint in the same location (you had visited it before) but for some idiotic reason they deactivated it.  You can see the glowing husk of where it used to be...mocking you...

Seriously though, what in god's name did the designers of this gave have against savepoints?

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4458 on: February 02, 2013, 02:24:57 PM »

Dark Souls - Opened up Lower Undead Burg/Firelink Shrine shortcut. Can't do anything against the capra demon. I've been completely unable to block its first attack.

A-Train 9 - Looks like subways grow underground malls. Also saw some information implying that trains affected the environment but I can't find any further information on this.

--- edit ---

re: capra demon - Fairly easy if you can get rid of the dogs and not get stun locked. Attack pattern is more or less the same as the stone golems in dark root. Anyway, not really sure what to do next. Darkroot Basin, the Depths, and the Catacombs are all open to me.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 10:09:18 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4459 on: February 03, 2013, 02:10:09 AM »

--- edit ---

re: capra demon - Fairly easy if you can get rid of the dogs and not get stun locked. Attack pattern is more or less the same as the stone golems in dark root. Anyway, not really sure what to do next. Darkroot Basin, the Depths, and the Catacombs are all open to me.

I always go to The Depths once I kill the Capra Demon. Doing these two things though are completely optional and not needed to complete the game, so yeah, the more you know and stuff.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4460 on: February 03, 2013, 04:27:51 AM »

Attempted to play Crysis using my laptop's trackpad thingy instead of a mouse.

Current mood is repetitive strain injury.

o/` I do not dream o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4461 on: February 03, 2013, 12:11:52 PM »

Damn, the kid played through Okami in 43 hours. I remember it taking me 60+ on the PS2. I assume the 2 games are identical outside of control schemes. He loved it, though, which makes me happy. He needs a new game now. I think I'll let him play Dust. I can't see anyone not liking that one.
I paused my playing of Xeno to wait for Dead Space 3 to show up. Still playing 999, though. Weird game. LOTS of reading, which I don't really mind.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4462 on: February 03, 2013, 06:11:57 PM »

Grim maybe you should quit letting your kid play videogames and make him get outside. I don't care that it's January FROSTBITE BUILDS CHARACTER.

Anyway, early part of farcry. It's a lot more fun with a mouse !

FFT - Difficulty mod certainly lives up to its claims. Note to self, take out the healers as quickly as possible. Also Squires can use bows now which changes things up a lot.

Lunar - Beat Nash's robot suit.

BTW I meanCrysis above but I'm just strikethroughing it for POSTERITY.

A-Train 9 Observations:

1) The AI will, in fact, build roads.
2) The AI tends to favor putting new buildings along roads, thought you will occasionally get rural neighborhoods.
3) AI put a department store off of the railroad tracks directly. ???
4) Not sure what routines the AI uses to determine which buildings to place where.
5) Not sure how to make subsidiaries profitable.

New Vegas - Explored Nipton and found a skill book. Not sure what I want to do next. I can head to Boulder City and advance the plot I guess. I have some open quests left hanging. MIGHT go do the TAbitha stuff.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 01:38:58 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4463 on: February 05, 2013, 07:47:06 AM »

After a month of doing camps and working 9-8 every day, I finally have time off. Til March 18th. :D

Getting back into Walking Dead - starting Chapter 4 tonight.

Also picked up Doom 3 for PS3 yesterday in Seoul. It's fun.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4464 on: February 05, 2013, 07:37:29 PM »

Rayman Origins is on sale on steam. I could've sworn there was someone on here that wanted it and told me to give them a heads up next time it went on sale.

Crysis - Found the first? hostage. Now I get to fight tanks !!

New Vegas - Finished the stuff with REPCONN and Manny.

A-Train - Figured out how to use individual departure times. Unfortunately, the game only lets you set a total of 1000 across /all/ of your stations.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 12:42:40 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4465 on: February 06, 2013, 08:16:38 AM »

Finished the Walking Dead.
That is one unhappy game.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4466 on: February 06, 2013, 10:00:36 AM »

Played about 2 hours of Dead Space 3.
Took me a minute to get used to the "clunky" style of DS games again. Once I did, I was fine.
The game looks and sounds fantastic, of course.
The area I'm in is quite reminiscent of earlier DS environments, but that's not really a bad thing. It makes sense as part of the story.
More later.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4467 on: February 06, 2013, 10:13:26 AM »

Nier left me like " D: " for like 80% of story segments.  Maybe next time I'm feeling sad I'll have a proper fix.

Took me a minute to get used to the "clunky" style of DS games again. Once I did, I was fine.
The area I'm in is quite reminiscent of earlier DS environments, but that's not really a bad thing. It makes sense as part of the story.
More later.

You kept saying DS and I was like "say whaa?".  But then I realised DS and Dead Space and yeah.
Really wanna give the series a shot with all the good word.

I've shelved Ni no Kuni for Fire Emblem for the next while.  FE is just better is so many ways.  Needless to say NNK kinda was kinda disappointing to me.  It's a really good game bogged down by a ton of little flaws.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4468 on: February 06, 2013, 10:18:42 AM »

Nier left me like " D: " for like 80% of story segments.  Maybe next time I'm feeling sad I'll have a proper fix.

More later.

You kept saying DS and I was like "say whaa?".  But then I realised DS and Dead Space and yeah.
Really wanna give the series a shot with all the good word.

I've shelved Ni no Kuni for Fire Emblem for the next while.  FE is just better is so many ways.  Needless to say NNK kinda was kinda disappointing to me.  It's a really good game bogged down by a ton of little flaws.

Dead Space 1 is fantastic. Imagine creeping around in the ship from Alien or the colony from Aliens for a long time. Totally memorable areas. Plus you curbstomp everything. I'll come over and hold you in the dark when you get frightened.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4469 on: February 06, 2013, 10:28:06 AM »

[quote I'll come over and hold you in the dark when you get frightened.

Relevant I think.

I think playing co=op for the third game would be nothing but me squealing into the head set.  I think I might grab this though, a few work peeps are peer-pressuring me into playing that and doing acid.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: