Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 12:41:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332964 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 419293 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4485 on: February 09, 2013, 05:59:44 PM »

Currently playing Fire Emblem Awakening. Started with a female avatar with Skill as my strength and Luck as my dump stat. I'm currently on the stage where you recruit both Axe Monk and Miss Spandex Bodysuit. So far I've paired Chrom with Sumia and Donnel with Sully. Only got a couple of gameovers early on due to missing on a 90% chance to hit or not quite grasping the limitations of the Pair Up mechanic or letting Chrom/Avatar take too many hits. Biggest trouble spot though was rescuing all three villagers in the 3rd Paralogue, I needed to not hold back and bring people who can actually survive hits, cover great distances, and can deal enough damage to take out at least one guy per pair per turn. Avatar will likely be the first to promote. And now to gain more levels on Chrom and Sumia to make their kids huge when I get them.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4486 on: February 09, 2013, 07:27:21 PM »

I haven't made any progress in Fire Emblem: Awakening in a few days. I was playing both it and Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, but then I made it to the Wild West area in Sly and was hooked immediately. I didn't like the Feudal Japan area at all, but the Wild West is fantastic. Sly's ancestor in this area has a ridiculously fun, if simple, 3rd person shooter ability. It's a lot of fun popping off guards from a distance. I'll probably stick with Sly for now and get back to Fire Emblem in a few days.
Kratoscar2008
Wayfarer of forums

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4487 on: February 09, 2013, 10:56:33 PM »

@daedalus

A tip let Freya win, you will get it later.

Too late...

Too bad, enjoy the challenge.

The True Growlanser
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4488 on: February 10, 2013, 07:36:31 AM »

I got platinum in Tales of Graces f yesterday. I just needed some 60 second trophies so I ran through the game skipping all the cutscenes and got the last trophy I needed about 8 hours in. It went quicker than I thought it would. Still trying to avoid playing any games with a lot of DLC, so I'm just sort of waiting on my Fire Emblem DS to arrive on Monday. I might play P4 Arena or something today to waste some time.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4489 on: February 10, 2013, 10:51:48 AM »

Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Bought this cause it was on sale. Started getting error messages that I couldn't run the game. Set all the settings on low. Still getting error. Found some registry key I could disable to disable the error message. Game works really well.

WTF?

I like how you can punch people to make them asleep although I wish the GEP gun was still the best choice for a silent takedown.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4490 on: February 10, 2013, 11:07:33 AM »

Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Bought this cause it was on sale. Started getting error messages that I couldn't run the game. Set all the settings on low. Still getting error. Found some registry key I could disable to disable the error message. Game works really well.

WTF?

I like how you can punch people to make them asleep although I wish the GEP gun was still the best choice for a silent takedown.

That game was too under-rated. Another intrepid poster shared this a while back.
http://youtu.be/0l3wOT9cSg4

Brilliant. Just brilliant
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: February 10, 2013, 12:27:55 PM »

Loved DXHR. One of my favourite WRPGs this side of Mass Effect, and really liked the ending(s), which get bitched about a lot.

I need to do a stealth run. Too bad I suck at stealth.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4492 on: February 10, 2013, 02:47:39 PM »

While I liked Alpha Protocol a bit more I concur that DXHR is a game I might enjoy playing through rather than watching an LP of.

Anyways, I've hit the timeskip in FE:Awakening, so if I hadn't already paired off Chrom he'd hitched himself to the nearest available female he can support by now.

Its too bad Cherche chose now to show up since I might have even entertained the idea of pairing Virion off to her instead of having already paired him off to Lissa. At least she and Olivia give me a reason to pull Frederick and Stahl off the bench.

Meanwhile, I'm sort of debating on whether I want Sumia to gain the utility of Staves or aim for Galeforce for her daughters to inherit (as she's the one who baked her way into Chrom's pants).

Fake Edit: Nevermind, Lucina wont give any fucks about lances for a while (I forget if her version of Great Lord can even use lances), let alone the fact that I'll be hard pressed to level Sumia up to 15 for either class before she joins.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4493 on: February 10, 2013, 04:29:12 PM »

Finished Vanquish with no deaths on Hard difficulty. The final two battles are more intense than usual in this mode and I don't even want to imagine how these battles are on God Hard mode...

Now I'm barely trying to do Challenge 6, and after Round 3 things get crazy. You can die at any moment when you begin in Round 1 and the key to not get killed is always being on movement from the very beginning of the round and trying to use cover as an offensive tactic more than anything else.

Even with with all that though Round 4 and 5 of Challenge 6 are pretty insane stuff. Here's a video of dude doing the Challenge with mad skills.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4494 on: February 10, 2013, 08:50:11 PM »

Crysis -I BLEW UP A HELICOPTER :DDDDD

Freight Tycoon - Got this when I bought the 1C pack. Gameplay looks interesting. I've yet to play it. Jesus fuck the music is NICE though. Not sure how appropriate it is for a truck company management sim since it sounds like something out of Unreal Tournament but, eh.

Speaking of which, whoever composed for DXHR, mad props for aping Brandon and van den Bos.

I think imma try and do that Four in February thing. Looking at finishing Lunar, Crysis, and Fear Effect. FE is short, Lunar has like maybe two hours left for me (I'm in Vane trying to head off the Grindery?), and Crysis shouldn't be too long. IDK what the other game will be. Maybe Vagrant Story? That's not supposed to be too long is it?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 08:54:36 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4495 on: February 11, 2013, 01:19:12 AM »

FTL is so addictive, 2 hours went by in a blink of an eye. Another FTL jump and I would've reached the final sector but nooo, I had to help a fugitive and get my ship destroyed in the process.

Music is top-notch, might buy the soundtrack later.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: February 11, 2013, 03:13:16 AM »

Power hates me. Lost a couple hours in MGS4. :(

Seeing more of why Raiden went slightly nuts. ....Really, Rose?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4497 on: February 11, 2013, 06:29:01 AM »

Fire Emblem just arrived!!!

I was still asleep when the postman came, I ran downstairs and opened the door in my underwear and my hair was a riot. Don't care though, got Fire Emblem.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4498 on: February 11, 2013, 07:06:28 AM »

So played through a few of the storylines for Persona 4 Arena. Really enjoyed Naoto's storyline as it connected a few dots. Still have three storylines to get through, but that will probably have to wait as I am expecting to finally get Fire Emblem today. Hurray!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4499 on: February 11, 2013, 10:14:26 AM »

Dead Space 3 - OK, so the first several hours have been a a bit TOO much like DS 1 & 2. I'm getting some serious Deja vu here. Hopefully, I'll make it to the ice planet soon.
The new weapon is pretty cool, though. I like playing around with the different parts to create something unique. It's also a good incentive to search everywhere for extra parts.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: