Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 09:15:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341205 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 455685 times)
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4500 on: February 11, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »

FTL is so addictive, 2 hours went by in a blink of an eye. Another FTL jump and I would've reached the final sector but nooo, I had to help a fugitive and get my ship destroyed in the process.

Music is top-notch, might buy the soundtrack later.

My friend is addicted to this game too. I watched some videos, but I don't see what the big deal is; it looks somewhat boring. Is there something I don't get?

"Oh, a hunter..."
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4501 on: February 11, 2013, 01:53:32 PM »

Seeing more of why Raiden went slightly nuts. ....Really, Rose?

Calling Raiden "slightly nuts" is an understatement. Read this bith from the MGS wiki:

"Jack was born on a rainy day in Liberia. During his youth, in the turbulent period that was the Liberian Civil War, Jack was adopted by Solidus Snake, who became his godfather after he killed his parents. Jack was subsequently raised as a child soldier and later fought in the Civil War in 1989. He and other children were shown Hollywood action films daily for "image training," and were given food mixed with gunpowder containing toluene to make them more controllable. On one occasion, Jack was injected with an unknown substance during a physician's experiment. On another, Jack witnessed Solidus demonstrate to him that blades were a "noble weapon" compared to guns, by slitting another soldier's throat in front of him. Under Solidus Snake, Jack became a killing machine, known alternately as the "White Devil" and "Jack the Ripper" due to his incredibly high kill rate compared to other boys his age, as well as a reference to his being one of the few Caucasians born in Liberia. Armed with a gun at the age of six (he would later remember it as an AK rifle), as well as a knife, he proved to be a superior soldier, rising to become captain of the Small Boy Unit at ten. His skills with a bladed weapon, as well as his cruelty in dispatching enemies with them, was another reason for his "Ripper" nickname."

Granted, much of the reason of why Raiden ended up being the way he did wasn't really his fault since he was utilized almost throughout his entire youth. Even with his turbulent life and all he hasn't really lost judgment yet, so whatever MGR shows about Raiden it might end up being interesting given the type of character he is.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: February 11, 2013, 07:34:22 PM »

Oh yeah, the shit about his parents and Solidus I knew. From MGS2, I think? The shit just seems to pile on, keep in mind I'm only 2/5 of the way through MGS4 yet (starting act 3 now) and from what I hear there's more to be told about Raiden yet. :P Honestly all this make me want to play 2 again.

As far as MGRR goes, well, we all know he's out fore revenge. And Rose called him unstable (I would be too if I grew up like that, just saying).

Related: He just showed up and fucked up a bunch of Gekkos. I like this game. Also: Jennifer Hale.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 07:39:47 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4503 on: February 11, 2013, 08:36:08 PM »

I've been abusing the DLC maps in Fire Emblem and I feel bad about it. Poor Nanna...she can't even fight back.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4504 on: February 11, 2013, 08:58:21 PM »

My friend is addicted to this game too. I watched some videos, but I don't see what the big deal is; it looks somewhat boring. Is there something I don't get?

It's one of those "simple to play, hard to master" games. It's a mix between resource management, risk assessment and luck.

Is it worth to engage an enemy ship in order to get scrap/fuel/missiles/etc or is it better to avoid conflict and leave empty-handed? Should I upgrade the ship's reactor, buy a new weapon or save up for something better? Is it a good idea to respond to a distress call? Do I have the resources to keep pushing my luck?

When I watched gameplay videos on Youtube I also thought it was terribly boring and bland. It's a shame there isn't a demo available.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4505 on: February 11, 2013, 11:34:21 PM »

Crysis - Found a boat and tried to escape downriver. Realized that there was no river there. Drove the boat into a forest and bailed. I AM SPECIAL.

Lunar: Okay I have more of this game than I thought. Reverted to a previous save and got some bonus items. Gonna do the grindery tomorrow.

Why is it 11:34 I want to play truck game.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4506 on: February 12, 2013, 01:27:33 AM »

I've been abusing the DLC maps in Fire Emblem and I feel bad about it. Poor Nanna...she can't even fight back.

I get sad playing that map because the characters make me feel like I"m missing out on something super cool

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: February 12, 2013, 12:15:08 PM »

I get sad playing that map because the characters make me feel like I"m missing out on something super cool

It's a whole bunch of characters from past FE games, so it's mostly the nostalgia factor. But also many of those characters were lords in their respective games, so it was cool to see them as a non-lord class, albeit a predictable one (ie. Lyndis as a myrmidon).

I've moved on to act 3 of MGS4, following a dude around an empty town is... boring. Otacon is starting to grate on me. Can't Naomi keep him busy?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4508 on: February 12, 2013, 01:00:01 PM »

I've moved on to act 3 of MGS4, following a dude around an empty town is... boring. Otacon is starting to grate on me. Can't Naomi keep him busy?

Act 3 is the weakest part of MGS4, but there is some weird stuff to see and do. Act 4 though... is one of my favorite parts in the entire series.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: February 12, 2013, 03:19:22 PM »

Yeah, I LOVED the first two acts. Glad the third is the worst part, haha. Seriously though I'm glad I sat down to play this. It's been too long since I spent some serious time in the Metal Gear universe, which I love. After this I just need to decide on whether to replay MGS2, or play 3, or Peace Walker. Unfortunately I won't get to them all before Revengeance.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4510 on: February 12, 2013, 03:56:22 PM »

Taking an R&R day at work today, playing a little Far Cry 3 while I wait for my FE:A delivery. I've somehow managed to clock 65 hours and I just got to Hoyt's island....I blame all the side quests/hunts/crafting.

Still love it, and running up a huge hill, jumping off and gliding down using the gliding suit is pretty legit.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4511 on: February 12, 2013, 10:27:32 PM »

Finished Ghost Trick on the DS, way fun BTW, and popped in Glory of Heracles, so far I love the old school feel!

Everything's Eventual
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4512 on: February 12, 2013, 10:52:32 PM »

28 hours into Fire Emblem: Awakening and I'm on chapter 18. Like others, I too have been abusing the DLC maps and the wireless features to gain levels haha. I got Vaike and Miriel to marry, which was quite hilarious. Love the conversations in this game. I'm almost to the point where a couple of my characters are upgraded and level 20 and I'll need to reclass them. Love this game.

Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4513 on: February 13, 2013, 01:19:51 AM »

Picked up Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time and started playing Final Fantasy X for kicks. Also, still going through Shadow Hearts: From The New World.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: February 13, 2013, 04:08:56 AM »

Third act of MGS4 down, the second half was much more entertaining.

This game is a whole pile of WTF. But I'm entertained.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: