Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 07:15:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319066 Posts in 13031 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 356783 times)
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4515 on: February 13, 2013, 07:07:07 AM »

Psychonauts is insane.  Currently fighting the Den Mother and having trouble in the second half of the fight.  She turns off the lights and I'm supposed to use Clairvoyance to fight her using her own field of vision, but I'm getting stuck. 

Also started (for the first time)... Skyrim.  I've never played more than 30 minutes of an Elder Scrolls game before, but I received Skyrim as a Steam gift so now I'm playing it.  Finished Unbound, killed a dragon, and now I'm hanging out with the Companions. 

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4516 on: February 13, 2013, 11:34:02 AM »

I've been avoiding abusing the DLC maps in favor of trying to keep some difficulty intact but Hero Donnel armed with Leif's Sword and Orsin's Hatchet has been tearing random encounters a new one, Great Knight Tharja is a goddamn tank (effective weaponry will still wreck her shit but that's it, and even then it just means that Vengeance will let her turn around and wreck shit back, even with crappy bronze weapons), Miriel has been surprisingly effective with the mountain of speed she's sporting (and now she's a Sorcerer for Nostfetanking bullshit), Sully's been slowing down lately but now she has Aegis to let her keep up with Chrom who almost never seems to not want to proc Aether (and taking him up Bow Knight has just been making him worse in that regard).

Anyways, I've finished the second arc (otherwise known as the Valm filler arc) and am now dealing with VaderValidar and his goons.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4517 on: February 13, 2013, 08:56:09 PM »

I like how all of us are playing FE.  I'm just playing and marrying them all so I can get cool characters.

ALSO.  Another Nintendo Direct press conference tomorrow.  If it's anything like the last one, I'll be excited.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4518 on: February 13, 2013, 11:31:15 PM »

Yeah, i was super pumped to read that on Siliconera today.  Didn't know one was coming up.  The only thing I care to hear about is Animal Crossing: New Leaf, which I'm pretty certain they'll give a definitive release date considering it's crazy popular in Japan.  Would be nice to hear about Bravely Default, but I don't know if that's the kind of place an announcement would occur for a third party game.  I've mostly forgotten about it and half written it off so meh \_O_O_/
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:45:05 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4519 on: February 14, 2013, 12:37:06 AM »

I want to see more of PlatinumGames stuff for Wii U and FE x SMT.

Would be nice to hear about Bravely Default, but I don't know if that's the kind of place an announcement would occur for a third party game.  I've mostly forgotten about it and half written it off so meh \_O_O_/

Don't stop believin'.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #4520 on: February 14, 2013, 01:38:18 AM »

Yeah, I think it's possible. Remember, they showed off Dream Drop Distance in a Nintendo Direct video.

EVERYONE HOPE REALLY HARD

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4521 on: February 14, 2013, 08:22:12 AM »

Bravely Default....believe.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4522 on: February 14, 2013, 10:22:24 AM »

NOPE.  Nintendo decided to artificially boost sales with a ton of Mario games and Donkey Kong remake.  Ah well, at least peeps will be happy with official date for Animal Crossing, I know lots of peeps will be happy with that.  ...not me. I don't really get AC.

I was really hoping for some 3rd party support.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 10:28:21 AM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4523 on: February 14, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »

There was nothing good in that. :(

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4524 on: February 14, 2013, 02:00:02 PM »

Figures lightning wouldn't strike twice in a row.

Still, a new Mario & Luigi game. Those are always, well decent, but that was just the second game and the third one was much much better.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4525 on: February 14, 2013, 02:02:40 PM »

I'm actually excited about that Donkey Kong port. I never finished the Wii version because I got sick of the motion controls, so this portable version works for me.

The Animal Crossing release date was good to know, though I'm disappointed it will be in June and not earlier. I'm not ashamed to admit I enjoy playing Animal Crossing.

"Oh, a hunter..."
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: February 14, 2013, 02:24:34 PM »

Working on the SpotPass characters in Awakening. I'm trying to recruit them all by fighting them, and so far I have Matthew, Nino, Florina and Serra. Jaffar and Lyn's teams scare me though.

Also MGS4. Act 4 is a huge revisit of MGS1. So much nostalgia, but fuck Gekkos.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 02:28:25 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4527 on: February 14, 2013, 04:17:00 PM »

I'm actually excited about that Donkey Kong port. I never finished the Wii version because I got sick of the motion controls, so this portable version works for me.

The Animal Crossing release date was good to know, though I'm disappointed it will be in June and not earlier. I'm not ashamed to admit I enjoy playing Animal Crossing.

Animal Crossing is fun and definitely the best Animal Crossing to date.  Yeah, I'm disappointed it's not earlier too.  Their Spring 2013 had me hopeful that it would be earlier.  Oh well, early June isn't that bad.

Also, I haven't checked out the DK news, but if they ported over the Wii version of DK to the 3DS, I'm sold.  I like the series so I'll pick it up for sure.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4528 on: February 14, 2013, 09:13:33 PM »

I'd like Animal Crossing a lot more if the NPC interaction was more substantial. For a game that at least on the surface is so heavily based on helpin' out yr neighbors, they're pretty boring to talk to, shucks!!

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4529 on: February 15, 2013, 02:17:40 AM »

Working on the SpotPass characters in Awakening. I'm trying to recruit them all by fighting them, and so far I have Matthew, Nino, Florina and Serra. Jaffar and Lyn's teams scare me though.

Also MGS4. Act 4 is a huge revisit of MGS1. So much nostalgia, but fuck Gekkos.

Check the DLC as well if you're into that. The last of the Champions of Yore and the first of the grinding DLCs are up.

Also promoted Chrom's Falchion into its Exalted Falchion class. Also working on recruiting my third child Servera. Cynthia, meanwhile, is kicking ridiculous amounts of ass. She's already a Paladin working towards Defender and Aegis and is already on par with Donnel back before I demoted him to Fighter for the skills (since I'm sure as hell not getting any more stats barring the stray point of Mag or Res as he's well past the prepromoted caps for everything else) and unlike Donnel, she has Galeforce and Aether.

Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: