Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 03:22:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327451 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 386777 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4650 on: March 01, 2013, 01:41:45 PM »

I think so, the Ending "III" (where Sor and Rik are walking into light as their silhouettes complete the number), the secret message, and the secret ending allude to the fact they're "done" with the spin offs.  KH3D was a ridiculous plot and poor excuse to extend the storyline (half of them are). 

mmm, I wonder if they'll have Aqua grow out her female-mullet and give her long hair for III. :D

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4651 on: March 01, 2013, 06:41:48 PM »

Got into the Dota 2 beta yesterday so I downloaded it and gave it a shot.  I like having more champions to go from the upfront.  LoL really only had that rogue type that I cared for.  I prefer Dota 2's graphics and ability style as well.  Not sure if there are any different maps or modes instead of just CTB but I'll check it out more this weekend.  Only played one game with bots and it was pretty fun.

Also, considering purchasing CS:Go.  Only $15, why not?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4652 on: March 01, 2013, 07:47:53 PM »

Oh. I didn't actually like most of the cut content mods I tried for New Vegas. Some I liked, but quite a few really felt like stuff that was... cut for reasons OTHER than time.

Checking that page, the PST restorations are pretty minor. The fixpack might be a bigger deal. It's probably not as utterly essential as the VtM:B restoration thing is.

I should replay VtM:B.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 07:55:09 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4653 on: March 01, 2013, 08:01:20 PM »

Yeah, kinda like the solo Hk-47 that was restored in KotOR2 was clearly removed because it was more of a pain in the ass than fun.
Solo long segment with a slow ass weak ass droid? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...
Also, it shows they never balanced that part because Kotor2's difficulty is pretty low but at that point I went:

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4654 on: March 01, 2013, 10:58:07 PM »

Goddamn is Walhart's Paralogue stage brutal. High-end mounted assholes everywhere in a map that's essentially a wide open field with only the occasional grave and forest dotting the area while an ass ton of reinforcements pour in every couple of turns. My first attempt did pretty well considering that I was down to Walhart and five of his guys with Donnel, Chrom, Olivia, and Avatar left standing before Olivia biting it and my Avatar following immediately thereafter. Can't complain about Olivia's performance during that clusterfuck given that the turn before consisted of her dodging like a motherfucker. My biggest mistakes though were separating my forces too early, not realizing how high-end the mooks were (where one of them alone can pretty much wreck a paired up guy let alone three or four), and bringing less than my A-Team (Gaius and Cherche were demoted down to Myrmidon and Troubadour for skills and ILC adjustment, and both Gerome and Noire were only recently recruited and hadn't promoted yet, let alone bringing clowns like Henry, Maribelle, Gregor (though to be fair, Gregor did a hell of a job staying alive for as long as he did thanks to his time as a Merc/Hero and Titania's Axe cutting enemy accuracy in half during the enemy phase), Virion, and Lissa along).

And speaking of, Noire is already on the fast track to success now that I have her since she inherited Gaius' Counter skill giving Archer Noire some badly needed 1-range enemy phase damage (granted this is unreliable as all hell given that she has to take damage to make it work and HP is a finite quantity until we get to the end of this conga line) and her mother's Tome Breaker skill. And now that she's a Bow Knight she'll soon learn Bow Breaker then she'll be ready to reclass into Dark Flyer for Galeforce hilarity (as well as giving almost no fucks towards any source of effective damage that's not coming from a Beast Killer) and afterwards will be able to second seal her way down to Mercenary for Armsthrift and follow up with Hero for Sol before finally finishing with Sorcerer to make herself invincible.

Gerome though is kinda screwed since he a) doesn't pick up Galeforce, b) didn't pair off with Femvatar, c) can't use dark magic, and d) doesn't really get anything special to compensate outside of the Myrmidon line of stuff (which he'll put to great use due to having a fuck ton of strength and defense) and being a good support tank (thanks to his mother's inheritance of Support Defend+). Now if my Femvatar had taken Str instead of Skill for the knack stat and if I had paired Cherche up with The Vaike, he'd make for a great father for a shitwrecker male Morgan.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4655 on: March 01, 2013, 11:26:05 PM »

First 30 min of Tomb Raider (2013)...  3rd Person Far Cry 3 meets Res 6 QTEs...with foxy woman scholar and better use  of relics than Uncharted!

It should also be subtitled
Tomb Raider: Lara's Bad Day
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 12:21:22 AM by Dice » Logged

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4656 on: March 02, 2013, 10:10:29 AM »

I'm disappointed in myself.  Due 90% to poor planning and 10% due to a few s.link dialog mistakes, there's no way I can get max S.Links in this playthrough of Persona 3.  Four links remaining, but there aren't enough school days remaining in the year to do them.  Too many vacation days in December and January.  I'll have to settle for a full Compendium (minus Orpheus Telos) thanks in part to my previous run.  After this I might try The Answer, but I'm not sure I want to. 

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4657 on: March 02, 2013, 11:02:04 AM »

I'm disappointed in myself.  Due 90% to poor planning and 10% due to a few s.link dialog mistakes, there's no way I can get max S.Links in this playthrough of Persona 3.  Four links remaining, but there aren't enough school days remaining in the year to do them.  Too many vacation days in December and January.  I'll have to settle for a full Compendium (minus Orpheus Telos) thanks in part to my previous run.  After this I might try The Answer, but I'm not sure I want to. 

Given how ambiguous some of the reactions were to answers during S Links, I did them with a guide.  I think I'm being smart and supportive, someone gets offended.  I mean, what the fuck, is telling someone to give up on their dream bad when it's causing them pain, heartache, and ruining their lives meanwhile?  I'm just trying to help!!

Tomb Raider:  Deam.  This game is a lot of fun.  It's a perfect hybrid of Far Cry, Ass Creed, and Res 6.  I do find it interesting how plot is paced; in this case it's like a linear Far Cry: You travel around an island but it's all story sigments and you can "quick jump" to previous levels and find all -- and I do mean all -- the shit you missed.  I'm not too big a fan of gunplay, for whatever reason it feels smoother in all the above mentioned games, but still works well (I'm particularly fond of Lara's quick movement -- the girl can hoist herself up a cliff nice and quickly).  I'm also not terribly fond of Camilla Luddington's voice for Lara (definitely more college-girl than the sexy ruin explorer the series knows), but she reaally pulls it off, making her sound very sweet and genuine, making it a great performance overall.

Coming up: Trading in Far Cry 3 and Ni no Kuni for Atelier Ayesha, because I'm broke and finished with one and (sorry) a bit bored and unmotivated with the other.

Edit:  I love playinf TR with the subtitles on.  <gusts of wind> and <non-verbal shouting> have to be my favorite described-SFX
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 01:19:12 PM by Dice » Logged

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4658 on: March 02, 2013, 01:31:04 PM »

Given how ambiguous some of the reactions were to answers during S Links, I did them with a guide.  I think I'm being smart and supportive, someone gets offended.  I mean, what the fuck, is telling someone to give up on their dream bad when it's causing them pain, heartache, and ruining their lives meanwhile?  I'm just trying to help!!
Sometimes I think it's hilarious (like when Kazushi responds positively to "stop whining like a little bitch" and negatively to "maybe you should try not to explode your knee"), and other times it's just damn frustrating (like when I try to say anything at all to Mitsuru).  I know it's supposed to reflect their personalities, but sometimes it's too unpredictable.  My major mistake was waiting too late to start any of those time-consuming girlfriend links and using early school days on some out-of-school links like Hanged Man and Hierophant.  Next time, and there WILL be a next time, I'll know what to do.  And might have to use a guide. 

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4659 on: March 02, 2013, 01:45:46 PM »

Finished my 2nd playtrough on Normal in MGR. Thinking in going with Hard difficulty or trying to S rank Normal mode... dunno what I'm going to do.

I also found all the 5 men in boxes by myself. However I still have like, 1 left arm to cut and 10 data stores units to find.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4660 on: March 02, 2013, 04:37:06 PM »

How to win at P3: Be as sycophantic possible.

o/` I do not dream o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4661 on: March 02, 2013, 08:14:29 PM »

Dead Space 3 is long as hell. I've now played about 20 hours and am only at 55% complete. WTF?! I know I play games slower than other people, but MAN.
I'm still enjoying it, for the most part. Boss type battles remain a challenge, though. This control scheme wasn't made for fast-paced running, rolling, and gunning.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4662 on: March 04, 2013, 08:24:02 PM »

I finished Red Dead Redemption on Sunday. Really, really enjoyed it. The ending was a nice surprise.

On my way to finishing God of War 3.

Is it just me, or did they seem to really amp up the violence in this one?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4663 on: March 04, 2013, 08:49:35 PM »

NO, it's not you. It indeed does seem each game looks for a more violent, more bloody, and more over the top kill than the last one, but I loved all of the GOW games, not sure what that says about me.

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4664 on: March 04, 2013, 09:15:10 PM »

Briefly played Oath of Felghana. The physics feel rather heavier than they did in Napishtim, which I like -- Napishtim felt a little floaty to me. Could've been the change from 2D to 3D for the US release. Could be cause I'm playing Felghana with a mouse.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: