Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 05:15:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341311 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 456606 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4680 on: March 06, 2013, 02:47:00 PM »

I had no problem donating to Project Eternity because I knew the pedigree of the people working on it.  As much as I love Planescape: Torment (in fact it might be my favorite game of all time...), I don't feel like I really know anything about the studio inXile.  They toss out a few important names, but they're also missing a lot.  Given all the risk and uncertainty in supporting a Kickstarter I'm hesitant to donate...

But the Kickstarter has been up for less than a day and they've almost hit their goal already, so I'm sure they'll do fine...

Edit: Ah, heck.  I put $20 in for the early supporter digital download 'cause why not.  It's $20.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:49:58 PM by Kevadu » Logged

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4681 on: March 06, 2013, 02:53:00 PM »

InXile is Brian Fargo's studio.  They did the Bard's Tale PS2 remake and Hunted: The Demon Forge.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4682 on: March 06, 2013, 02:59:09 PM »

Haven't actually played either of those, but wasn't Hunted: The Demon Forge critically panned?  Of course it's also a pretty different style game.

Edit: Aaaand they hit their funding goal already.  Took 6 hours...wonder if that's some kind or record.

If they can keep this up they might surpass Project Eternity's total.  It amazes me how big publishers can completely ignore these kinds of games when there's clearly demand.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:50:29 PM by Kevadu » Logged

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4683 on: March 06, 2013, 05:17:48 PM »

Ended up buying Counter strike: global offensive this weekend and enjoying it.  They changed the weapons this time around so no more ol' reliables like MP5 or M4A1.  Long time CS fan so even though it's basically just a rebalance and a graphics overhaul with a few added modes (like the weapon swap mode), I like it (plus it's cheap even at full price and frequently on sale for $7.99).

Also Dota2 is fun.  Gotta put those down and finish Ni no kuni though...

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4684 on: March 07, 2013, 12:03:18 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_Pan

So if Chrono Cross isn't actually a thelemistic treatise then it stumbled onto the same conclusions unintentionally, which is interesting as fuck. Or not at all interesting as fuck. I am bored.

In other news, up to the second boss in Felghana (first real boss?) Looks like I cherry tap them to death.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4685 on: March 07, 2013, 10:48:06 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_Pan

So if Chrono Cross isn't actually a thelemistic treatise then it stumbled onto the same conclusions unintentionally, which is interesting as fuck. Or not at all interesting as fuck. I am bored.

In other news, up to the second boss in Felghana (first real boss?) Looks like I cherry tap them to death.

No. I'm pretty sure that they were aiming for that general idea given how even the CG opening sorta/kinda implies it, let alone anything involving the Dragon Tears.

And if you're cherry tapping bosses to death in Ys it means that you either missed a weapon upgrade or that your level is too low for where you're at.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4686 on: March 07, 2013, 10:54:07 AM »

Finished Undead Nightmare.

Fun, but not really essential.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4687 on: March 07, 2013, 11:09:22 AM »

And if you're cherry tapping bosses to death in Ys it means that you either missed a weapon upgrade or that your level is too low for where you're at.

Yeah, Ys is strange like that. Sometimes all it takes is just a single upgrade and/or level-up to go from a near impossible battle to much, much easier.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4688 on: March 07, 2013, 07:52:41 PM »

I saw a video of it on youtube. Guy was spamming fireballs at it and slowly whittling down its health. Which kind of surprised me cause there really wasn't any more of a trick to it.

Also what's this with the dragon tears, now?

--- edit ----

Gained a level in Felghana. Fight became significantly easier except. Not really my idea of good balance.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:47:40 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4689 on: March 07, 2013, 08:23:19 PM »

??

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4690 on: March 07, 2013, 09:25:15 PM »

I saw a video of it on youtube. Guy was spamming fireballs at it and slowly whittling down its health. Which kind of surprised me cause there really wasn't any more of a trick to it.

--- edit ----

Gained a level in Felghana. Fight became significantly easier except. Not really my idea of good balance.

Man if you think the bosses are unbalanced now, just wait until the next boss shows up (hell, the next area altogether is going to be one of the largest jumps in difficulty in the game (but seriously, fuck that next boss)).

Also in CC the two Dragon Tears are both the plot devices used to switch Serge and Lynx around (which also kicks off the next plot arc in a sort of you've been reborn sort of way) and are also eventually used to make the titular Chrono Cross as part of Balthazar's ridiculously massive Batman gambit in rescuing Schala.

Ti-de-rp (read it one way then the other while disregarding the first set of letters from the start):

Got done with this weeks DLC chapters for FE:Awakening. I'm probably going to fork over my current Dread Scroll to Donnel so that he can reclass into something other than Bow Knight (and to save money on the Second Seal that I would've otherwise needed (not like they're as expensive anymore; thank you Silver Card)). Gregor was MVP til he got wrecked because seriously, Sol is ridiculous in this game. Managed to get in a convo between Maribelle and Rachesis and Severa and Arvis and an extra battle dialog between Henry and Merric.

Meanwhile, the Regalia chapter kicked my ass hard enough to require some actual strategy to successfully beat (hint: don't beat the stage boss until after you looted the chests, he's the win condition). My entire right offensive fell apart pretty quickly (given that I sent in prepromotes, including a Cleric and a Peg Knight Lissa (her Peg Knight class line is the only one currently capable of wielding Lances and I haven't hit any of them yet so try to guess her sole weapon type's rank), and a Sorcerer whom I forgot to equip her Nosferatu tome against a bunch of Deadlords armed with Legendaries), but they did manage to eliminate all but three enemies. Maribelle got worked over pretty well which forced me to switch over to Olivia who then nearly died to a Counter asshole (though this did set off her Vantage skill). My Avatar paired with Henry who did fairly well with his Bolt Axe until he got wrecked which left My Avatar all alone for the rest of the stage. Fortunately, my Skill build finally paid dividends as she procced Ignis like crazy, which enabled her to ORKO enemies she otherwise couldn't, which enabled her to proc Galeforce more often, which enabled more ORKOs, which enabled me to clear out the swarms before they could swarm and wreck My Avatar (and cause me to Game Over) or Anna (my other Picklocker) which would've been embarrassing to fight my way over to the chests only to come up empty handed since both of my Picklockers got wrecked (although I still would've gotten the Silver Card and what's his face). But Donnel ended up carrying the team for the most part (until he hit level 15 Warrior) since his pair up with Gregor gave him enough Luck to break out my own Legendaries for free. My haul for the run was a good one since I obtained Gungnir (alright), Wolf Burg (big whoop; only one guy can use the bloody thing), and Hauteclere (I think the only other way to obtain this is through the Dual Battles and that requires local multiplayer).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 09:57:52 PM by Aeolus » Logged

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4691 on: March 07, 2013, 10:54:41 PM »

Finally got Fallout NV, but I dunno if I'll be able to keep playing. Even with a 3rd view camera mod and FOV adjustments I still feel a bit uneasy. I don't know what is it about the engine that makes me feel sick. FML.
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4692 on: March 07, 2013, 10:59:28 PM »

Decided to pick up Hexyz Force again (stopped halfway through when I was playing it last fall because... of Okami HD I think?).  Well, it's... likeable but maybe not special?  It's an RPG-ass RPG.  I'm on board. 

DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4693 on: March 08, 2013, 08:32:05 AM »

Finally got Fallout NV, but I dunno if I'll be able to keep playing. Even with a 3rd view camera mod and FOV adjustments I still feel a bit uneasy. I don't know what is it about the engine that makes me feel sick. FML.

I had to abandon replaying Fallout 3 awhile ago for the same reason, even though I don't remember having any trouble the first time round, nor when I played NV. There's something about the movement in these games that feels really floaty, like you're not attached to the ground properly, just floating slightly above it. I recommend avoiding Half-Life 2 if you haven't already played it, it gave me the worst game-related motion sickness I've ever had, even with the FOV at max.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4694 on: March 08, 2013, 08:13:44 PM »

Try cranking the anisotropic filtering as high as it'll go.

It could also be the mouse sensitivity. I've never been able to get totally normal mouse movement in a NetImmerse/Gamebryo based game (Except maybe Civ 4). Not even morrowind.

Also experiment with playing it in widescreen or non-widescreen resolutions.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: