Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 06:12:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338700 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 446199 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4710 on: March 12, 2013, 10:16:15 PM »

Ys 3 - Fucking parrot.

Oh
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:16:26 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4711 on: March 13, 2013, 03:05:16 AM »

Got to the last section of the Zeus battle in GOW3.

Zeus is kicking my ass. :(

Switched to LA Noire for a while. While I think the game is an interesting experiment, I'm wondering if there's going to be an overarching story or whether it's just going to be another Assassin's Creed where you're doing the same kind of missions over and over.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4712 on: March 13, 2013, 03:59:33 PM »

Remember when Sony was giving $10 free to use on PSN? Well, at first I didn't get anything but now after taking my eyes off my PS3 for one day I got it.

But I wanted to ask if this is the real thing, it has to say that it was send 'From *psn symbol* PSN' to be sure is real right? Because I have gotten spam about the same thing before in the past.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4713 on: March 13, 2013, 04:08:56 PM »

Remember when Sony was giving $10 free to use on PSN? Well, at first I didn't get anything but now after taking my eyes off my PS3 for one day I got it.

But I wanted to ask if this is the real thing, it has to say that it was send 'From *psn symbol* PSN' to be sure is real right? Because I have gotten spam about the same thing before in the past.

It's pretty weird that you wouldn't get it until now...but spam?  Is PSN spam even a thing?  I never got any kind of email about it when I got my $10, just showed up in my messages on PSN.  And anyway, the real thing is just a code that you can then redeem on the PSN store.  The worst they could do in spam is give you a bad code or something...I mean, you never have to go to a separate website or anything so it wouldn't work as a phishing attempt.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4714 on: March 13, 2013, 04:27:04 PM »

So it was real. That's good, I needed at least $10 in my account.

It's pretty weird that you wouldn't get it until now...but spam?  Is PSN spam even a thing?  I never got any kind of email about it when I got my $10, just showed up in my messages on PSN.

More or less, but is weird and I ignored those messages.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4715 on: March 13, 2013, 10:00:54 PM »

Ys 3 - PARROT FUCKING DEAD.

(Actually found that easier than the boss that gives you the first statue. Never got a good grasp on the second attack pattern that bosses uses, and lobbing magic is kind of... dull. This guy was tough but I mean you can figure out how to /bait/ his more annoying attacks, and then you can sort of control where they go and yeah).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:05:11 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4716 on: March 13, 2013, 11:46:12 PM »

Persona 4 - unlocked Void Quest.  Waiting until a day without much to do before I challenge it. 

Hexyz Force - I randomly played around 4 or 5 hours this week.  9th party member joined, completing a tripling of the number of party members in a one-hour span.  I think I'm in the final dungeon. 

DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4717 on: March 14, 2013, 09:50:21 AM »

I bought a second hand PSP 3000, now I have lots of RPGs to catch up on, I've already got Trails in the Sky and Crisis Core, plus I'll be getting Ys 7 from PSN once the USB cable arrives.

Disappointingly, the composite TV out is even worse than I thought it would be. I wasn't expecting much, but I never imagined that a 4" screen would have more readable text than a 21" one, and it only outputs to a 11x6 letterbox. I still don't have an HDTV, and most SDTVs here have RGB scart (for which there is no cable) rather than component, so composite was the only option.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 10:24:04 PM by DPB » Logged
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4718 on: March 14, 2013, 10:17:17 AM »

I don't know what the deal is with the composite out, either.  Theoretically, the image should be fine - after all, it's 480x272.  That should be well within composite's ability to handle.  It's nigh unplayable unless you're using component cables.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4719 on: March 14, 2013, 08:14:38 PM »

So apparently I was having a hard time with the first boss in Felghana because I was being stupid and neglected to get an upgrade ruby for the first bracelet. WELP. I still think the first boss is pretty boring (especially compared to the last couple I've seen, which were great), but I'm glad that the perceived difficulty of that fight was because I was being derp and not because of anything with the game.

Think I'll pick up Origins and 1+2 Chronicles the next time Steam has them on sale. MAYBE THEY WILL FINALLY LOCALIZE THE LORD MONARCH SEQUEL (never).

--- edit ---

(I actually edited the above text already, FUCK). Someone should make a modern game where, like in Dragon Warrior 1, you can see the enemy's castle right from the start. That was interesting.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:19:16 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4720 on: March 14, 2013, 08:47:12 PM »

--- edit ---

(I actually edited the above text already, FUCK). Someone should make a modern game where, like in Dragon Warrior 1, you can see the enemy's castle right from the start. That was interesting.

Xenoblade lets you see the enemy's giant at the end of the caves near the start of the game
Code:
(although they don't turn out to be the true villains).

You can also see it moving when its up and running and you can see what's left of it after it gets its shit wrecked afterwards. And you can even see the changes in the other areas where you can see the giant too.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4721 on: March 14, 2013, 10:36:35 PM »

That was one of the things someone told me was really cool about Quake 2 -- It was just a skybox, but you could see the cannon you spend a good chunk of the game trying to get to pretty early on, and the opening cinematics were true to how the game was laid out.

Amalur - Killed the Threshes and finished Building Bridges.

BTW what was the boss you were warning me about in Felghana, Aeolus!?!??!?! Was it parrot?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4722 on: March 15, 2013, 12:18:22 AM »

I loved Halo 4. Glad a new studio took over, hopefully they continue to make narrative improvements.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4723 on: March 15, 2013, 02:05:37 AM »

That was one of the things someone told me was really cool about Quake 2 -- It was just a skybox, but you could see the cannon you spend a good chunk of the game trying to get to pretty early on, and the opening cinematics were true to how the game was laid out.

Amalur - Killed the Threshes and finished Building Bridges.

BTW what was the boss you were warning me about in Felghana, Aeolus!?!??!?! Was it parrot?

It was Chester. Parrot's not so nasty once you realize that being closer to the sides of the bridge makes bailing on the platform flipping hijinks easier (though the PSP's screen doesn't help with identifying which panels got flipped over as much as it should). But Chester's a kick in the teeth after a stage that starts by kicking in your teeth.

Code:
Of course the real reason why I don't like him is due to his rematch where it turns into an endurance match against a guy that can sicknasty combo the hell out of you. At least you'll have the third magic type by then which makes life so much easier.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4724 on: March 15, 2013, 07:31:56 PM »

It was Chester

wat seriously? I didn't even realize that counted as a boss fight :( Got him on the second try.

Also Rayman Origins is on sale on steam, again. I'm pimping this thing forever.

Felghana - Up to the save point in the deep portion of the mines. Gonna take a break, I have enough RSI for one evening.

(I sort of wish Ys games were longer 'cause they're fun. Why did I used to hate this series? Oh well, I guess the Ys 4s were fanslated.).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:15:21 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: