Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 11:30:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329487 Posts in 13499 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 398408 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4755 on: March 18, 2013, 11:10:37 PM »

that's like when Bugs dresses up in drag.

Bugs OWNED it though.  Cloud was all shy and shit.  Clearly he was the bigger pussy than the women (nonsense ramblings from Dice tonight).

He also HAD a bigger pussy than any woman, although the cutscenes dealing with the more interesting side-effects of Mako poisoning were, regrettably, cut.

--- edit ---

Return to Mysterious Island - Why aren't there more adventure games based around making stuff out of stuff you find :( Found Nemo's body and got access to the volcano-y area. Also got the windmill working.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 01:04:56 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4756 on: March 19, 2013, 12:10:41 AM »

Dude's the squat thrust king (or queen in this case).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4757 on: March 19, 2013, 01:02:04 AM »

new Xcom is big fun.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4758 on: March 19, 2013, 01:50:07 PM »

Draak, you mean the geckoes? Use VATS. They have a really erratic attack pattern, but should go down easy with headshots. I can put up my mod list later if you're interested -- it's mostly minor tweaks (more crafting recipes, and no leveled lists). I wouldn't recommend the cut content restoration mods. The cut content isn't that great.

I really wanna know what's triggering your motion sickness though. Have you checked for any mods that slow down movement speed..? I don't think I asked about that earlier. I think the lack of movement deceleration/acceleration might be playing a role. Slower movement speed across the board MIGHT make that less apparent.

Please, do share your mod list! I'm specially interested on the crafting one, I love this kind of stuff. I tried VATS, but these little fuckers keep ganging up on me. I had to run away from a bunch of geckos haha. (I'm terrible at the game)

As for the motion sickness, I don't play first person games unless it's on a tiny screen like the ones found on portable systems. I think it's the way you control the camera with the mouse in NV that's getting to me, a fixed camera would've been better. I can play hours of Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect 1-3 and have no issues.

Back on topic...

Got the digital 3DS version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I'm so glad to finally play a third gen MH game in English, since I never owned a Wii. P3rd is fun, but checking the internet for translations was a pain and the fantranslation is still incomplete. I'm going to miss the felynes though, hope the shakalakas are as fun to hang out with.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4759 on: March 19, 2013, 06:32:00 PM »

I think it's the way you control the camera with the mouse in NV that's getting to me, a fixed camera would've been better.

Wait, what do you mean by fixed camera?

o/` I do not dream o/`

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4760 on: March 19, 2013, 06:53:21 PM »

Something like in Dragon Age Origins: when your character turns, the camera turns too, it follows you. In NV (3rd view, mind you) if you move the mouse even a little, the camera will move but not your character. I don't know people call the kind of camera used in DAO, but it's the one I feel comfortable.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4761 on: March 19, 2013, 07:06:22 PM »

Something like in Dragon Age Origins: when your character turns, the camera turns too, it follows you. In NV (3rd view, mind you) if you move the mouse even a little, the camera will move but not your character. I don't know people call the kind of camera used in DAO, but it's the one I feel comfortable.

Just tested it. Camera and character turn at the same rate in NV's third person view, unless you hold down the third person key while moving the mouse, in which case you can move the camera independent of your character..

o/` I do not dream o/`

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4762 on: March 19, 2013, 08:59:59 PM »

Hmm, maybe the camera mod changed this. Gonna test some more during the weekend. Wonder if I can set it just like DAO...
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4763 on: March 19, 2013, 09:09:09 PM »

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/34744 Were you using this one?

--- edit ---

Feglhana - Finally got to the Elderm midpoint. I am having a disproportionately hard time with this dungeon.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 10:34:46 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4764 on: March 20, 2013, 08:04:46 AM »

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/34744 Were you using this one?

--- edit ---

Feglhana - Finally got to the Elderm midpoint. I am having a disproportionately hard time with this dungeon.

Should get easier once you get the third spell since Earth Dashing gives you invincibility frames.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4765 on: March 20, 2013, 08:21:01 AM »

So I picked up the Mass Effect trilogy for PS3 on the weekend for $30.
Playing Bring Down the Sky right now and I don't know whether I'm under leveled or I just suck, but something I thought was going to take me half an hour has taken over two and I've lost count of the number of times I've died. It's beyond frustrating.

On top of that, the Mako controls like someone taking their dog for a walk by having sex with it, rather than using a leash.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4766 on: March 20, 2013, 01:14:17 PM »

Now that I'm finished with the main game of FE: Awakening, I've turned my attention back to Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

I made it to the third area back in February, but I was immediately turned off as the layout reminded me of the first area that had no really visible landmarks and minimal high "nests" that allow you to survey the area easily. So I turned it off and hadn't touched it until last night. It actually turned out to not be a bad area at all. I've found some good high spots, and though I'd like a few more landmarks it does have a few that help me keep my bearings (I kept running in circles in the first area). Also, the Cooper relative in this level is hilarious!

More tonight.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4767 on: March 20, 2013, 09:30:24 PM »

Yeah, the very same.

MH3U: After my second try I got the timing right to land on table 10. Some of these tables just plain cripple the player, which is pure bullshit. Other than that, game is shaping up to be a worthy successor to Freedom Unite.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4768 on: March 21, 2013, 03:08:13 PM »

This is kind of annoying but I completely lost interest in the new Tomb Raider and that was one my most wanted games last year.

With BioShock Infinite to look foward, *a bunch* of stuff to do in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and a backlog of games that I've already played and I intend to go back soon I can hardly feel bad about not caring for Tomb Raider now (or never).

And seriously the replayability of MGR:R is nuts.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4769 on: March 22, 2013, 12:13:33 AM »

FE:Awakening. So I decided to give over my Bouquet to Lissa to make her into a Princess Bride (unfortunately my Avatar is female, not named Roberts, and already married so there'll be no storming the castle this run) since she has only two promoted classes remaining, she now has 4 out of her 6 of the 10 rallies learned, she's pretty much a heal/staff bot already, and it got her out of War Cleric which she's been down once before (as soon as she got an A rank in Axes which is completely pointless for her since its the only class she'll have that can use Axes).

As for the DLC convos I managed to get Owain to talk to Mist (and made a good case to spend his remaining days alone, too bad that he's both Lucina's and Cynthia's cousin as the possibility for incest is too great to ignore, also SKYWAAAARD SHIELD!!! (the guy's a walking name dropper/reference maker)), Gerome to talk with Geoffry, and Inigo to talk with Mia. Unfortunately, no one got any in battle comments going.

Also I am lamenting my Spotpass release schedule for the next week for reasons known only to me. At least by my calculations, the next week will bear fruit earlier. Plus, it could be worse. We could've been running on Japan's release schedule instead (but then again, they got the Genealogy dudes first >.< ).

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: