Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 05:59:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330171 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 405954 times)
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4770 on: March 22, 2013, 01:27:22 AM »

Dragon Warrior I. Mopped up Gavin's grave and now I have to find some other place to explore. Went further down south, but apparently the monsters there are really kicking my ass.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4771 on: March 22, 2013, 02:57:37 PM »

I had some free time today and tried almost all of the New Vegas camera mods available on the Nexus. I might have found a solution: The Warhammer 40k camera mod + the centered ESP of the Resident Evil camera mod. It's like I'm playing Mass Effect! I also set the FOV to 90, AA to 2x and AF to 8x. I have to play more to be sure it's alright, but according to Steam I've put almost an hour and have yet to feel anything.

It's unbelievable how much better this setup is. Even aiming works correctly.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4772 on: March 22, 2013, 07:46:14 PM »

Draak: By the way, if you find a way to beeline to Freeside in New Vegas (the city), you can pick up Rex and Arcade Gannon (Rex is easier to get; I think Gannon needs higher skills unless you took the perk that makes you gay).

I am very fond of these characters.

Anyway, mods I have that I like:

... I can't find the download links on TESNexus. Here, have esp file dump:

Fallout New Vegas - GOACBC's Freeplay after MQ v1.6
Better Ammo Crafting
Campfire Breweing Wagemans
Project Nevada (multiple parts to this. You can pick and choose what you want).
Also find something to remove levelled lists. They act weird in that engine.

Also have some cut content and NPC mods installed but I haven't tried those yet. Actually I don't really recommend the cut content too much. If you want to mess with them, skip the Open Freeside one -- it broke my game.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:54:51 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4773 on: March 22, 2013, 09:37:32 PM »

Thanks! But what are these levelled lists? Didn't find anything specific on Nexus...

Do you recommend any of the DLC or should I just skip them all?
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4774 on: March 22, 2013, 09:40:47 PM »

Thanks! But what are these levelled lists? Didn't find anything specific on Nexus...

Do you recommend any of the DLC or should I just skip them all?

Ask someone else about the DLC.

Leveled lists are something that Morrowind and onwards used to scale enemies/equipment to the players level, seeing as the games are open ended and you can go anywhere at any point. Worked fine in Morrowind (until you had conflicting leveled lists from mods). Lead to some really ODD things happening in Oblivion. And they make no sense in NV and I also think they'd cause the crafting system to break down since they'd introduce a lot of arbitrary scarcity.

I used psychoelf's level list remover.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4775 on: March 22, 2013, 09:55:13 PM »

Ah, got it. Thanks!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4776 on: March 23, 2013, 07:03:40 PM »

This isn't my first replay of FF7 obviously, but I guess I never ever paid attention properly to this part. :P

When Cloud is talking about his first mission with Sephiroth, the mako reactor in Nibleheim. He visits his mother who says

"Let me get a good look at you."
"So handsome."
"Is this a Soldier uniform then?"

Cloud then says "Mom...I" and then there is a memory skip, that flash of white thing. I guess I just now noticed that this scene he confesses to his mother he never made it into Soldier and what she thinks is the Soldier uniform is just the average Shinra grunt uniform he's wearing.

There are a LOT of memory skips when he talks to his mother. Obviously he forces himself not to remember them because she would be talking about events in his own life, not his Zack persona.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 07:05:41 PM by Starmongoose » Logged

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4777 on: March 23, 2013, 08:06:54 PM »

FFVII's story is really a fair bit better than it's legacy/Square's Infinite Sequel Department has treated it.

Felghana - Saved the pikkards, got the earth bracelet.

Ys IV: MotS - FUCKING ICE CAVE BEES. (Why do I like this? MORE STUFF TO IMPORT!!?!?)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 12:10:01 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4778 on: March 23, 2013, 11:55:05 PM »

FFVII's story is really a fair bit better than it's legacy/Square's Infinite Sequel Department has treated it.

Which is, of course, the very reason why I doubt Squeenix will ever honestly remake FFVII. They'll never willingly admit to the fact that they have no fucking clue as to what went down in FFVII beyond what internet fanboys kept babbling about. Kinda like FFs IV, X, and XIII to a certain respect given the fact that FFs IV:TAYs, X-2, XIII-2, and, XIII-3 exist.

Meanwhile, in FE:A; I filled out Lissa's support list for the run (only male Avatar and the non Virion S-ranked supports remain) and I summoned Raquesis from today's Spotpass update only to have a random enemy encounter spawn in on top of her. At least this time I only needed to run to the other end of a Volcano instead of up half of an entire kingdom to save her dainty ass (I also managed to save those blasted Paladins too, too bad I didn't get a Knight's Ring for the deed (or a Princess who can promote into a Master Knight)). Unfortunately, I didn't set Eldigan to kick her ass as it would've been hilarious to have him pay her back for getting his head chopped off.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4779 on: March 23, 2013, 11:56:23 PM »

This isn't my first replay of FF7 obviously, but I guess I never ever paid attention properly to this part. :P

When Cloud is talking about his first mission with Sephiroth, the mako reactor in Nibleheim. He visits his mother who says

"So handsome."

Cloud then says "Mom...I" and then there is a memory skip, that flash of white thing. I guess I just now noticed that this scene he confesses to his mother he never made it into Soldier and what she thinks is the Soldier uniform is just the average Shinra grunt uniform he's wearing.

There are a LOT of memory skips when he talks to his mother. Obviously he forces himself not to remember them because she would be talking about events in his own life, not his Zack persona.

Man I forgot about that completely.  THe really kick to the gut is when she finishes that memory-skip montage with something like "I'll always be your mother".

...that whole sequence really takes a long. ass. time.  But I'd be damned if it didn't set up the rest of the game nicely (especially come CLoud's big plot reveal).  Games today don't really bother with flashback sequences it feels.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4780 on: March 24, 2013, 12:08:25 AM »

I got Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition off Origin for $9.  Its FAR more enjoyable than the Xbox version I had a few years back. Started a hum/ rogue and its great fun 2 hours in:)

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4781 on: March 24, 2013, 12:14:59 AM »

"So handsome."

Man I forgot about that completely.  THe really kick to the gut is when she finishes that memory-skip montage with something like "I'll always be your mother".

...that whole sequence really takes a long. ass. time.  But I'd be damned if it didn't set up the rest of the game nicely (especially come CLoud's big plot reveal).  Games today don't really bother with flashback sequences it feels.

I've always been a fan of flashbacks, especially when you slowly start the question the integrity of the person describing their memories. I always wonder in these cases whether its selective memory or just an unreliable narrator that chooses to fudge the truth.

Oh, and for game related stuff: Playing through Shadow Hearts 3 and Grandia. I started recording Grandia gameplay for research on its use of music and sounds in the game, especially during the Ghost Ship portion at the beginning of the game. Here's the vid for anyone interested:

Grandia - Justin and the Squid King!

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4782 on: March 24, 2013, 12:18:46 AM »

Did Cloud's mother ever get a name? I swear every other minor character in this got a name, but not Cloud's mum.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4783 on: March 24, 2013, 12:46:19 AM »

Did Cloud's mother ever get a name? I swear every other minor character in this got a name, but not Cloud's mum.

"Mrs. Strife".
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4784 on: March 24, 2013, 12:52:22 AM »

"Mrs. Strife".

A beautiful name to be sure.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: