Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 09:31:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319801 Posts in 13049 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 361983 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4800 on: March 29, 2013, 11:27:49 AM »

Darksiders 2 continues to be fun, But I wonder why I've heard no one complain about the terrible control scheme for the L3 stick. And you can't change it! I wonder if it's the same way on the 360.
Thing is, the L3 stick controls movement(of course), but it also brings up the item menu when pressed down at an angle. This is HORRIBLE, as in the heat of battle you're swinging the stick around all over. The stupid menu has popped up on numerous occasions, interfering with battles, and even causing items to be used that I didn't want to use! This could be easily solved if they had just allowed for button configuration. All games should allow this.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4801 on: March 29, 2013, 11:08:46 PM »

MotS - Reloaded because I went to the completely wrong place, not knowing where the lake was. Whups. Back to the lake, now.

Grow2 - Got Riviera.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4802 on: March 29, 2013, 11:23:02 PM »

Persona 4 NG+ - I maxed all of the Social Links in late November except for the three story links, and then completed those three not long after.  Currently doing some grinding in the December dungeon for Reaper weapons. 

Psychonauts - I finally, after taking a month-long break, beat the Milkman Conspiracy.  That was one crazy boss.  Now to see what this insane asylum is all about....

EDIT: made a mistake.  I don't have all the P4 S.Links finished.  I thought I had, so I was confused when Margaret wasn't giving me any special prizes.  Turns out Judgement is still only Rank 8. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:43:13 PM by Monsoon » Logged

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4803 on: March 30, 2013, 11:02:20 AM »

I'm really fucking tired of having to do missions over and over because the Mako is a piece of shit.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4804 on: March 30, 2013, 05:59:16 PM »

The final dungeon in FFXIII is annoying the hell out of me. Regular enemies are taking upwards of 10 minutes a piece to kill and they throw so many of them at you that it is impossible to avoid them. I get so sick of fighting them that I let myself die and click retry to try and dodge them. I've liked the battle system up to this point, but it's starting to get on my nerves a little bit. Hopefully this dungeon ends soon.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #4805 on: March 30, 2013, 07:55:50 PM »

The final dungeon in FFXIII is annoying the hell out of me. Regular enemies are taking upwards of 10 minutes a piece to kill and they throw so many of them at you that it is impossible to avoid them. I get so sick of fighting them that I let myself die and click retry to try and dodge them. I've liked the battle system up to this point, but it's starting to get on my nerves a little bit. Hopefully this dungeon ends soon.

The final dungeon in that game is a slooooooooog. I had maxed the Crystarium as far as I could by that point, and it still took forever. At least the music is cool :)

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4806 on: March 30, 2013, 08:02:33 PM »

The final dungeon in that game is a slooooooooog. I had maxed the Crystarium as far as I could by that point, and it still took forever. At least the music is cool :)

The whole crystarium or just the primary class? I have their primary classes maxed and then some, but it still seems to not be enough.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #4807 on: March 30, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »

The whole thing, haha. It helps, but the fights still take a while O_o.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4808 on: March 30, 2013, 11:00:42 PM »

The whole thing, haha. It helps, but the fights still take a while O_o.

The final boss is so stupid. I literally had him down to less than 100,000 health and died because of doom.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #4809 on: March 30, 2013, 11:19:17 PM »

DOOMDOOMDOOMDOOMDOOMDOOMDOOMDOOMDOOMDOOMDOOM.

Yeah I remember that. The last boss takes a while too, haha.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4810 on: March 30, 2013, 11:37:32 PM »

DOOMDOOMDOOMDOOMDOOMDOOMDOOMDOOMDOOMDOOMDOOM.

Yeah I remember that. The last boss takes a while too, haha.

OMG there's two more battles after this?! Does this game ever end?! Good grief lol. Square Enix literally threw the kitchen sink into this final dungeon.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4811 on: March 31, 2013, 12:22:02 AM »

I played Legend of Mana recently.  To my surprise I opened a treasure box and found a "Virgin's Sigh".... I don't know what to do with it.

This game is so so random.  I honestly think a remake/rescript could help it.  Also, I don't get blackmsithing, there doesn't seem to be values attached to anything.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4812 on: March 31, 2013, 12:32:34 AM »

I'm really fucking tired of having to do missions over and over because the Mako is a piece of shit.

You just suck. The mako rules

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4813 on: March 31, 2013, 01:23:31 AM »

Just finished up FFXIII. Took me 50 hours. Might do some extra stuff now. I liked it. It's a good, but not great game. Probably my least favorite main installment outside of the first 3.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4814 on: March 31, 2013, 04:22:46 AM »

MotS - At river village.
FFMQ - Kaeli poison :(
Grow2 - I'm playing MotS and FFMQ do you seriosuly thing I can aware enough to today to play this!!?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: