Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:29:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319584 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 360297 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4815 on: March 31, 2013, 10:47:28 AM »

I'm really fucking tired of having to do missions over and over because the Mako is a piece of shit.

You just suck. The mako rules

I am renaming it the Sucko.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4816 on: March 31, 2013, 11:49:46 AM »

Finally beat Rogues and Redeemers 1 in FE:Awakening. I ended up making it by avoiding the mistake of dividing my team up and trying to rely upon Chrom for more than cleanup (or Frederick for anything at all given his dismal stats). Also stopped trying to build supports between most of my people and focused on the A ranks (save for Chrom and Frederick). Lost Owain early on due to a bad match up against Navarre and an Astra proc, Severa did most of the heavy lifting with Cythina a close second. Got a convo between Lucina and Seliph and Severa and Sothe, and a battle chat between Nah and Julius and Lissa and Petrine.

A tough fight. You really have to pay attention to the skills that enemies are carting around since a Slayer skill could easily cost you a unit's turn or the unit him/herself.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4817 on: March 31, 2013, 08:39:09 PM »

Felghana - Beat the dragon.
Grow2 - In Comprsings.
FFMQ - I find this game weird and meloncholic.

Anyway, does Half Minute Hero ever pick up, or at the least stop telling you how to beat every mission right from the start? I was assuming it'd be a bit more... puzzley or like Wario Ware, where you had to figure out WHAT to do, but instead it's just like, balancing leveling v. time, without much... thinking.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4818 on: March 31, 2013, 10:00:37 PM »

Felghana - Beat the dragon.
Grow2 - In Comprsings.
FFMQ - I find this game weird and meloncholic.

Anyway, does Half Minute Hero ever pick up, or at the least stop telling you how to beat every mission right from the start? I was assuming it'd be a bit more... puzzley or like Wario Ware, where you had to figure out WHAT to do, but instead it's just like, balancing leveling v. time, without much... thinking.

Mesh, when you finish Mystic Quest, I think this review might be of interest to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNnpxrZtzy0 *spoilers within link*

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4819 on: March 31, 2013, 10:21:47 PM »

FFMQ: may not be a "real" FF, but I'll be damned if I said I didn't love the boss and battle music of the series.  Someone did right.  And I loved the enemies showed they were close to dying.

EDIT: I didn't know it wasn't the first FF game in Europe....yikes.  Poor Europe.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:24:21 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4820 on: March 31, 2013, 10:35:19 PM »

FFMQ: may not be a "real" FF, but I'll be damned if I said I didn't love the boss and battle music of the series.  Someone did right.  And I loved the enemies showed they were close to dying.

EDIT: I didn't know it wasn't the first FF game in Europe....yikes.  Poor Europe.

I loved those battle tracks (especially the final boss battle theme). I wonder if they tailored those battle tracks purposely sound like rock for the US market?

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4821 on: April 01, 2013, 03:36:52 AM »

Started up Mega Man II today. Made it to Wily's Stage 1 real quick (maybe an hour and a few minutes). It seems much easier than what I remember from the first game. Still, it's pretty fun, though I wouldn't say I prefer it over the first game in any way.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4822 on: April 01, 2013, 05:46:18 PM »

About 3 hours into Bioshock Infinite.  Quite fun.  Just got Elizabeth.  I don't care much for the setting but it's a gorgeous game.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4823 on: April 01, 2013, 06:35:43 PM »

Started up Mega Man II today. Made it to Wily's Stage 1 real quick (maybe an hour and a few minutes). It seems much easier than what I remember from the first game. Still, it's pretty fun, though I wouldn't say I prefer it over the first game in any way.

Huh? The first game was jagged as hell. You had robot masters like Elec Man who could 3 shot you from full, you had the robot master gauntlet in the final stage, you had to rely entirely on a single health meter to get through everything, Guts Man's power was useless outside of situational instances with those blocks, and Thunder Beam is almost as broken as Metal Blade is.

Either way though, I still think 3 is the best classic Mega Man.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4824 on: April 02, 2013, 01:05:00 AM »

Binary Domain seems fun. Just started it.

Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4825 on: April 02, 2013, 01:35:18 AM »

Huh? The first game was jagged as hell. You had robot masters like Elec Man who could 3 shot you from full, you had the robot master gauntlet in the final stage, you had to rely entirely on a single health meter to get through everything, Guts Man's power was useless outside of situational instances with those blocks, and Thunder Beam is almost as broken as Metal Blade is.

Either way though, I still think 3 is the best classic Mega Man.

Well, it doesn't make the game any worse. :P
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4826 on: April 03, 2013, 08:25:11 PM »

I like 7 and 8 more than the ACTUAL classic Mega Mans :T

Anyway,

Grow2 - Back in Burstein, headin' back to Rolandia, got like 8 of the manuscripts.

Mask of the Sun - About to talk to the Sage.

FFMQ - While I totally agree that the game is flawed, I don't think it's necessarily any more flawed/flawed differently than most 16-bit era jerpegs.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4827 on: April 03, 2013, 08:32:22 PM »

Still rolling through Psychonauts, navigating through Neon Pamplona.  I'm not enjoying this stage as much as Napoleon or the Phantom, but it's still interesting.  I think I must be past the halfway point. 

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4828 on: April 04, 2013, 12:29:15 AM »

Played some Tales of Graces f.

Just got back to Barona after

SPOILERS FOR FIRST 8 OR SO HOURS

Code:
being exiled from Lhant.

I'm starting to get the hang of the battle system. I have only played as Asbel and Sophie and its interesting how different they play. Sophie is a lot of fun to play as, at least in terms of her A-Artes.

The storyline is getting more interesting. I confess that I kind of found the childhood segment a little grating. Glad to see things improving. Also, I really like Cheria's character design. The color palette is very pleasing to the eye and her outfit is cute. She's one of the best designed characters in the series, in my opinion.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4829 on: April 04, 2013, 05:47:15 PM »

I like 7 and 8 more than the ACTUAL classic Mega Mans :T

Anyway,

Grow2 - Back in Burstein, headin' back to Rolandia, got like 8 of the manuscripts.

Mask of the Sun - About to talk to the Sage.

FFMQ - While I totally agree that the game is flawed, I don't think it's necessarily any more flawed/flawed differently than most 16-bit era jerpegs.

MM8 was way too gimmicky for my tastes (and Astro Man's stage was bullshit) and MM7 felt way too much like the Gameboy games (which just seemed goofy given how it was on the SuperNES). At least they're both far and away superior to MM&Bass.

Anyways, I've blitzed through the second R&R DLC mission in Awakening in one go. Helped that my standbys were actually promoted this time (and I may have brought a few extra toys along for the ride like Amatsu and Sol Katti). Placement helped a bunch too given that you don't start off surrounded and need to dick around with keeping the NPC assholes from stealing kills or clogging the choke points, and you can actually spend a turn letting the enemy try to funnel out of the narrow passageways while you sit on the other end and chew through them or force them into your effective range. Also helping things was my actually paying attention to skill load-outs using my skill load-out viewing skills (because breaker skills are a bad surprise).

As for naming, while its not new, I did happen to notice that Awakening's localization of Narrave's name is, well Narrave instead of Shadow Dragon's localization choice of Nabral. Also Altenna's new name ended up being Altena. I only got convos out of Lucina and Arvis and Yarne and Zephiel and no battle chats this time.

Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: