Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 07:30:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327439 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 386607 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4845 on: April 09, 2013, 10:56:08 AM »

Booted up Tales of Graces f for like the first time since about 10 months..... i hane no idea what the fuck -- forgotten everything.  Anyone knowwhy I'm making gel seeds in my eleth mixer???  I remember saying it was a good idea at some point.

High production rate maybe? if memory serves I think I found it best to make sure the eleth mixer was cranking crap out as much as possible... I found myself either producing things out of either A) necessity or B) to increase the mixers level due to the production frequency. I would venture to guess that "b" is the answer to your question.

then again the eleth mixer in the scope of things was really an afterthought for me so my memory of its utility is foggy. the game was plenty easy enough without even needing to exploit the mixers' function.

My eleth mixer was always loaded up with books (including somme that increased its growth rate in various categories) and a couple foods that gave nice bonuses mid-battle.  Otherwise I didn't bother much...

Yeah, I think that's what I've been using the seeds for was to boost it up, I think/remember that sounds about right.

Thanks guys~!!!

Arcadia Garden was quite the place to re-learn everything I had forgotten. D:
They should at least explain or give you a map to that place.  The last "wall" was probably the meanest trick to pull (walk back into it?). GR.
I was also happy that when I swung around Back to Nazi-ruled, Communist-like... um Fendel that it was doing better.  The music hadn't gotten any more cheerful, in fact, I'd argue it's the most depressing track I've heard in years, but the people are doing better~!!!

EDIT: Hubert's Mystic Arte.... he is TOTALLY saying Instant Balls, isn't he?

Also, the dungeons in this game are hella boring.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 12:21:11 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4846 on: April 09, 2013, 01:21:24 PM »

Let me go fetch some self-quotes about that... here you go:

The level design of dungeons in this game is simply terrible.
They are: archaic, confusing, too big for their own good and completely unrealistic.

them dungeon designs (it's like a guy ate cheerios, drank milk + vinegar + coke, then barfed on the floor and drew the dungeon according to that)
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4847 on: April 09, 2013, 01:45:52 PM »

Let me go fetch some self-quotes about that... here you go:

The level design of dungeons in this game is simply terrible.
They are: archaic, confusing, too big for their own good and completely unrealistic.

them dungeon designs (it's like a guy ate cheerios, drank milk + vinegar + coke, then barfed on the floor and drew the dungeon according to that)

I think what bugs me the most is, yeah, about a good 50% of dungeons are just an up, down, right, left maze.  But also, the most intuitive puzzle was a battery fetch quest and the coloured floor lasers (which took a bonus dungeon to become actually intuitive and complicated -- otherwise it was just guiding a single white light around).  Remember Symphonia's puzzles and sorcerer's ring?   Hell, even Eternia gave you more eye candy (Phodra is seriously a miserable mechanical nightmare as far as aesthetics go...).  Tales of the Abyss at least gave you some cool environments.

I still want to give Graces a real tip of the hat for having an amazing combat system that, daresay, makes the use of TP (ie; MP) archaic.  I'd actually rather the series follow the CC format again in the next title.

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4848 on: April 09, 2013, 05:17:16 PM »

Playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown again. Started over cause I fucked myself over the first time I played. Doing it Normal style. Love the atmosphere and level design. All of my dude squaddies have awesome facial hair. Right now I'm:

Code:
Waiting for the outsider alien crystal to be analyzed

Also selling some alien corpses on the grey market is not a terrible way to get some $$$. Last time I fucked myself over by not having enough engineers, looks like money is the problem this time around.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4849 on: April 09, 2013, 05:41:05 PM »

Is there a quick way to get satellite uplinks? That shit seems like it's taking forever
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4850 on: April 09, 2013, 08:05:09 PM »

Is there a quick way to get satellite uplinks? That shit seems like it's taking forever

i can't stress enough how making uplinks before seeing a necessity for them will save you such head-aches in the long run... just make em as you have the resources/time to do so. By the time you see a nation in danger of leaving the council chances are slim your gonna be able to pull off uplink construction and launch a satelite before the months end.

in regard specifically to your question if there is a quicker way to  make them I'd love to have  known about it! sure would have made my play-through a wee bit easier...

Klyde - I get around the whole "what will I play next?" deal by organizing my backlog, planning which games to play months in advance, and then keeping an updated list in forum posts and my blog.  Sure, sometimes things come up and screw up my plans (hey there, Persona 4 second cycle!), but overall I'm really happy with it.  I haven't cut into my backlog this well in a decade. 

Sorry I forgot to respond to this.

Organizing a plan of attack and routine to tackle the backlog was what I initially did. It worked well. Got it down to Wild Arm ACF, Agarest 2 and Growlanser WoT.... Then I lost steam. My discipline waned.

I think I simply need to reinstate my gaming routine of week-day-new-stuff and week-end-backloggery until I polish off that list.... That was the strategy I employed to get through rorona, neptunia mk2, and most recently all the post-game ni no content.

Regardless, I thank you for your sound advice monsoon. I really appreciate anyone who entertains and helps me sort out the madness.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 03:48:32 PM by Klyde Chroma » Logged

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4851 on: April 10, 2013, 07:09:41 PM »

EDIT: Hubert's Mystic Arte.... he is TOTALLY saying Instant Balls, isn't he?

I am SO glad I'm not the only one who thought this. I actually heard majestic balls, but yeah, he's totally talking about da nads.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4852 on: April 10, 2013, 08:50:27 PM »

Starting Nier....RIGHT NOW.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4853 on: April 10, 2013, 11:49:04 PM »

Starting Nier....RIGHT NOW.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4854 on: April 11, 2013, 12:09:45 AM »

Playing Tales of Vesperia.  I have said "my goodness, that escalated quickly" at least three times in the past two hours. 

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4855 on: April 11, 2013, 01:22:05 AM »

More XCOM. Did the

Code:
alien base
mission. Lost two squad members, and beat the end baddie with a rocket. Its weird, losing squad members definitely makes you appreciate the victory more, since your team has bled for it. I discovered that selling junk on the grey market is pretty much the best way to make money. Now I just need some plasma weapons and power armor and then shits gonna get real.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4856 on: April 11, 2013, 05:42:58 PM »

Finished the 3rd Rogues and Redeemers map in FE:Awakening. Got convos from Nah versus Julius, My Female Avatar versus Katarina, Inigo versus Ursula, Kjelle versus Celina, and Male Morgan versus Linus.

Stage was a clusterfuck but somehow ended up as more of a demonstration of how awesome my team is now given how I only ended up with four casualties (Emelyn-2nd turn in to Katarina proccing Astra and Critting, Gerome-3rd turn in to a combination of Ephraim, Roy, and a mistake, Owain-2nd to last turn to Ishtar proccing Astra, and Lucina-last turn in to Elincia due to low health and having no other alternatives), Yarne didn't die (though he spent most of the battle at 1HP), Inigo didn't die (despite being tagteamed by Ursula and Selena), Nah didn't die (despite holding a check point at 5 HP then healing it all back through Sol and Life Drain), Cynthia didn't die (despite losing her partner Gerome due to a slip-up on my part where I only meant to change his equipped weapon then swap back to Cynthia but didn't and being dogpiled by a combination of Sigrud, Eliwood, Roy, Selena, and Ursula), Brady didn't die (despite being dogpiled by Eldigan and his entourage), and Morgan didn't die (despite me tossing him out into the middle of the fray at turn 1 then having to fend off The Black Knight, Zephiel, Negral, Sephrim, and all the rest).

Now Morgan has an extra 10 points to all of his non HP caps to ram again in preparation for the Challenge DLC maps and to fulfill his destiny of hitting the Assassin's delicious Skill cap of 68. Only noteworthy localization change this time was confirmation that FE6 is indeed being referred to as Binding Blade instead of Sword of Seals.

Now to repromote Noire and Inigo so that I can use them again for Challenge 1 and to recruit Aversa. (Finally got Lissa out of Bride and into a class she hasn't learned both skills from, Falcon Knight).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4857 on: April 11, 2013, 08:42:57 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxkAlzDOPJc (Guess I did a rolling start with the game)

Nier is a very enjoyable game so far (2 hours in) and the music is very pleasing (buying the soundtrack later). The father's outbursts of angered worried are adorable as well funny...

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4858 on: April 12, 2013, 03:10:59 AM »

Glad you're enjoying it.

I've been playing Uncharted 3 and I actually think it's a better game than UC 2, despite the reticule difficulties.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: April 14, 2013, 12:09:38 AM »

Good lord Halo 4 is pretty.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: