Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 01:38:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318865 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 355272 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4905 on: April 24, 2013, 04:10:02 AM »

UC3 had some pretty amazing set pieces, but the plot was downright silly.  A lot of it felt really forced and unnatural.  Like the whole boat thing...why was that even there?  Other than the fact that somebody wanted to do cool things with a rocking boat and water...

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4906 on: April 24, 2013, 10:54:12 AM »

UC3 had some pretty amazing set pieces, but the plot was downright silly.  A lot of it felt really forced and unnatural.  Like the whole boat thing...why was that even there?  Other than the fact that somebody wanted to do cool things with a rocking boat and water...

I agree with you about the boat part, it was my least favourite part of the game. The desert part was great though, and I liked that they decided to do a twist on the endings of the last two games, rather than make the same kind of ending again. (Being vague so as not to spoil it)

Playing Batman Arkham City.

Trying to use the remote control Batarang is like trying to get a character with tank controls from Resident Evil 1 to do ballet. Sweet Jesus it gets exasperating.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4907 on: April 24, 2013, 07:21:44 PM »

I didn't see anything bad about that part or something feeling forced in the story... different points of view I guess.

Anyway, there's a sale of Resident Evil stuff on PSN. I'll see if I pick up anything over the week.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4908 on: April 26, 2013, 10:17:01 PM »

Strange Journey - My party is woefully inadequate in terms of buffs and debuffs. I have like Rakukaja and that's it. I need something with speed buffs but I have nothing in stock to fuse upand none of the demons I can converse with are showing it either. HRM.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4909 on: April 26, 2013, 10:37:49 PM »

Played some more Hakuouki.

I've got to say, I'm getting a little tired of the game. I've done all the routes except Kazama (which I am trying to do now) and Hijikata (since his is the longest, and most likely the most canon). The Saito route was both long and slow, most likely do to the fact that Chizuru spends most of the time standing around watching people talk. I get that they made her bland so the player can slip themselves into her, but it made for one boring-ass route. Harada and Heisuke were a lot of better, especially in the Chizuru department. And to be honest, Saito just was not all that interesting to me. I prefer characters who are more animated, I guess.

So far my route preference is

Harada > Heisuke > Okita > Saito
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4910 on: April 27, 2013, 12:37:14 AM »

Strange Journey - My party is woefully inadequate in terms of buffs and debuffs. I have like Rakukaja and that's it. I need something with speed buffs but I have nothing in stock to fuse upand none of the demons I can converse with are showing it either. HRM.

One of few titles where buffs work really well. =/

Playing Graces f I guess.  I got nothing new right now and can't afford dick else so I gotta keep at it till all the good stuff this summer, autumn, and winter.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4911 on: April 27, 2013, 07:58:49 PM »

Played a few more hours of Dead Island this AM, once again mindless fun!

Everything's Eventual
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4912 on: April 27, 2013, 09:19:58 PM »

Playing Crisis Core and I'm pretty disappointed by it. The main story content is decent, but the side missions are just... ugh. I'm only at 21% completed and I'm already sick of them, I'm fed up of getting into constant battles (sometimes every few seconds) in the exact same areas, with every single misison sharing the same objective. The sheer amount of recycled content here makes Dragon Age 2 look like it was full of unique areas.

I think I'm going to resort to FAQs to work out which of them are worth doing, since the repetition is really spoiling my enjoyment of the game.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4913 on: April 27, 2013, 09:49:48 PM »

Yeah, Crisis Core was awful, from the take-two-steps random battles, to the random leveling. I beat the main story just so I can say I did (and I really like the FF7 universe) and left it at that.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4914 on: April 28, 2013, 12:09:08 AM »

Yeah, Crisis Core was awful, from the take-two-steps random battles, to the random leveling. I beat the main story just so I can say I did (and I really like the FF7 universe) and left it at that.

And yet it was the best thing to come from that FF7 compilation by far.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4915 on: April 28, 2013, 06:42:05 PM »

I admit i am surprised but after a marathon session today I am having a blast with Dead Island, I do HATE those damn thugs though!

Everything's Eventual
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4916 on: April 28, 2013, 09:52:54 PM »

@Aeolus: I didn't appreciate seeing Gackt in Crisis Core.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4917 on: April 29, 2013, 09:55:52 PM »

@Aeolus: I didn't appreciate seeing Gackt in Crisis Core.

I just reached the part where they
Code:
retconned him into one of the most important sequences from the original game.

I was looking forward to seeing the Nibelheim story in full, but they ruined it with that terribly lame character Genesis.

And it didn't help that they left out much of the original music, Sephiroth's theme was conspicuously absent - most of the new music is mediocre at best and very ill-fitting. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:02:32 PM by DPB » Logged
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4918 on: April 29, 2013, 09:56:57 PM »

Bah, double post.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4919 on: April 30, 2013, 12:26:30 AM »

I beat Guacamelee!, then was disappointed by the Bad Ending (it's... bad).  To get the Good Ending, you need to find the five mask pieces in the Guacamelee! world and then beat the final boss again.  So far, not so bad. 

I got three of the mask pieces, but the fourth one is so brutally tricky that I got discouraged.  Yes, I could probably get it with a few more hours of play, but no, I don't want to invest any more hours of play.  It's rough.  I'm not Super Meat Boy-level in platforming skill.  So I'll stick with the Bad Ending.  Regrettably. 

Next I'll play Skyrim.  At least that's easy and satisfying.  (I like watching meters grow and numbers increase). 

Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: