Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 03:44:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338751 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 446552 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4920 on: April 30, 2013, 12:31:02 AM »

@Aeolus: I didn't appreciate seeing Gackt in Crisis Core.

I just reached the part where they
Code:
retconned him into one of the most important sequences from the original game.

I was looking forward to seeing the Nibelheim story in full, but they ruined it with that terribly lame character Genesis.

And it didn't help that they left out much of the original music, Sephiroth's theme was conspicuously absent - most of the new music is mediocre at best and very ill-fitting. 

And its still better than Cait Sith Solid, the best Dragon Ball GT movie ever made, and whatever the hell was up with Before Crisis.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4921 on: April 30, 2013, 11:38:03 AM »

Not much time for gaming lately. Despite this, I ordered the new Tomb Raider after seeing it for 38.50 on Amazon. I look forward to playing it.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: Mistbron#3: Hero of Ages
Zik

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4922 on: April 30, 2013, 10:17:51 PM »

I've been playing a bit of FFIX from time to time lately, I think i'm at the end of the 3rd cd. I had it when I was younger but english being my second language, I was unable to progress very far. It's very good, I feel so nostalgic listening to the beautiful soundtrack ! After that one i'll need to decide which other RPG I start, I have plenty still sealed. (I buy way too many games for the spare time I have)

I'm done with FFIX, such a beautiful ending. My eyes were slightly wet, the only other game that did this to me was Lost Odyssey.
I started Dragon Quest VIII, which I found for 20$ brand new in a small videogame shop. I really dig the exploration so far, world looks huge as fuck. This is actually the first DQ game im playing, I also own DQIX.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4923 on: April 30, 2013, 10:31:33 PM »

While the PSX graphics were unreal for that game, MAN a high-rez version is in my Top 3 of "Things Squeenix Should Actually HD/Remake".

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4924 on: April 30, 2013, 10:47:03 PM »

I'm done with FFIX, such a beautiful ending. My eyes were slightly wet, the only other game that did this to me was Lost Odyssey.
I started Dragon Quest VIII, which I found for 20$ brand new in a small videogame shop. I really dig the exploration so far, world looks huge as fuck. This is actually the first DQ game im playing, I also own DQIX.

According to the Dragon Quest IX strategy guide, there's an achievement for playing for 1,000 hours. I don't have that much time invested in most of my MMO's. Dragon Quest VIII is pure gold, though. Excellent introduction to the series, and if you enjoy it I recommend some of the remakes on the DS if you have one, particularly DQV.
Zik

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4925 on: April 30, 2013, 11:32:55 PM »

While the PSX graphics were unreal for that game, MAN a high-rez version is in my Top 3 of "Things Squeenix Should Actually HD/Remake".

Oh yeah, I would do it again for sure.

According to the Dragon Quest IX strategy guide, there's an achievement for playing for 1,000 hours. I don't have that much time invested in most of my MMO's. Dragon Quest VIII is pure gold, though. Excellent introduction to the series, and if you enjoy it I recommend some of the remakes on the DS if you have one, particularly DQV.

Did you mean DQX ? DQIX is a single player (well, theres a coop feature) on the DS and DQX is a MMO. If you were really talking about DQIX then no way i'll spend that much time in a single player game haha!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 11:34:35 PM by Zik » Logged
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4926 on: May 01, 2013, 12:41:21 AM »

Nope, Dragon Quest IX. There's a random dungeon generator of sorts in the end-game, and I guess Square Enix expects people to play nothing but random dungeons in Dragon Quest IX for the rest of their lives.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4927 on: May 01, 2013, 03:35:23 AM »

Nope, Dragon Quest IX. There's a random dungeon generator of sorts in the end-game, and I guess Square Enix expects people to play nothing but random dungeons in Dragon Quest IX for the rest of their lives.

At least they don't make you pay to play DQIX like they did with ATB.

And if nothing else, due to shenanigans involving outdated wireless protocol technology, I got to spend a year taking weekly walks around the neighborhood (at 2 AM).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4928 on: May 01, 2013, 11:52:56 AM »

Finished Lair of the Shadow Broker in ME2.

I can't believe that was DLC and not included in the game.

Sorry, not trying to start another argument, but it seems completely integral to the story. Especially if you had your romance with Liara in ME1 like I did.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: May 01, 2013, 01:15:34 PM »

I'd agree except for the fact that Liara doesn't become a permanent squad member. Still, Kasumi and Zaeed do..so..eh. I didn't romance Liara but I can see LotSB being a must either way - and I don't even like her all that much. It's a great (and important) DLC.

Fighting geth on Noveria in ME1 = not the best idea when you're tired. Not sure how I made it to the reactor on hardcore without dying when I was basically half asleep. I am NOT looking forward to fighting Benezia since that part is buggy as shit.

Halo 4's still fun, ME3 MP is still happening (Cerberus Mastery get!). Soul Hackers continues to be awesome as long as I fuse all the demons ever.

I do not know how to stick to one game.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4930 on: May 01, 2013, 01:17:50 PM »

I know what you mean.

I'm switching between ME2, Arkham City and Dishonored depending on my mood/annoyance level. I'm going to try and play ME2 and ME3 this month and finish the trilogy. I really want to see just how "bad" this ending is.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4931 on: May 01, 2013, 01:21:02 PM »

I'm currently working on about 20 at once, trying to get through a backlog of over 100. I don't have any idea what happened. I got out of college, finally started earning some money, and so went out and bought ALL THE GAMES!! Then realized I didn't have time to actually play them.

I have to say, though, I recently downloaded Legasista on a whim from PSN, and that's the game I'm having the most fun with right now. It's the perfect game if you just feel like grinding for a bit with no real goal in mind. The short dungeons really help, too, and makes me wish the game was available for the Vita.
Zik

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4932 on: May 01, 2013, 05:09:21 PM »

I know what you mean.

I'm switching between ME2, Arkham City and Dishonored depending on my mood/annoyance level. I'm going to try and play ME2 and ME3 this month and finish the trilogy. I really want to see just how "bad" this ending is.

It's really not that bad. I'd say its totally normal, maybe disappointing but not "bad" at all.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4933 on: May 01, 2013, 07:45:36 PM »

Just beat the first boss in Aquaria.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4934 on: May 01, 2013, 08:11:49 PM »

In SMT Devil Survivor 2, I was so close to beating Mizar (just needed to destroy the very last tentacle), but got raped all of a sudden at the end. I had little trouble for the first 2/3 of the battle, but for some reason, I lost. So I've been spending some time level grinding the MC so that I can keep fusing my demons to get stronger ones.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: