Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 04:07:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334574 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 424529 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4950 on: May 08, 2013, 06:49:45 PM »

Devil Survivor has an optimal path which you're not really supposed to do until New Game+ because it's a lot harder, but it's not that hard to accidentally stumble into it, from what I've heard.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4951 on: May 08, 2013, 11:38:02 PM »

Valkyrie Profile -- Hard mode, because there is no other mode (I wouldn't mind checking out some of the Easy/Normal exclusives though).  I'm playing way dumber, making a bunch of shit.  Lezard's Tower is truly awful, so I'm trying to prep for that and those goddamn eye and snake monsters. :(

Tales of the Abyss -- Playing this just in between readings for Summer School.  It's new game +, so I'm just enjoying the story really.  It's good for that since story events are pretty well written and ...quite long.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4952 on: May 08, 2013, 11:49:32 PM »

those goddamn eye and snake monsters. :(

Oh man, I remember that one time where I got one of those from the first available Cave of Oblivion.
That's like... yeah, I could try... or I could get up and go hit reset.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4953 on: May 09, 2013, 12:06:38 AM »

those goddamn eye and snake monsters. :(

Oh man, I remember that one time where I got one of those from the first available Cave of Oblivion.
That's like... yeah, I could try... or I could get up and go hit reset.

Cave of Oblivion "snake-eyes" can be taken care of with a Tome of Alchemy to get maaad experience.  IIRC, the ones in Lezard's Tower are one of few enemies that it has no effect on (a lot of the super enemies aren't...boo hiss).

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4954 on: May 09, 2013, 02:01:50 AM »

Well this sucks. My PS3 only has 5GB left, is a decent amount of space but I really should expand the hard drive a little bit at least.

inFamous: Festival of Blood:

It was better than I expected. Can't wait to see what's next in inFamous: Second Son!

Also, there was a fool on NeoGAF saying that DmC: Devil May Cry was better than "overrated titles" like Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance or Bioshock Infinite.

hahaha~
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4955 on: May 09, 2013, 09:21:54 AM »

DMC actually seems to have more love than I expected.  Metal Gear Rising has been the more tenacious MGS game...

I don't think Bioshock Infinite has had a bad review yet.

And yeah, my PS3 is out of space and generally making weird noises these days.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4956 on: May 09, 2013, 09:24:54 AM »

Yep, I have the original slim 120GB and mine has been freezing every once in a while when trying to load a game, be it from a BRD or the hard drive.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4957 on: May 09, 2013, 11:42:17 AM »

Super Adventure Awakening:

Finished chapter 11, and I've hit the timeskip (i.e. Chrom's made his choice on eugenics). Given my playstyle, he ended up with a random village girl (which is just as planned). Lucina will probably end up alright since all of her inheritance will be coming from my level 8 Great Lord Chrom who's gobbled every stat booster available. Despite this though, I'm not doing anything with her because of the novelty run (which is why I'm running with the Village Girl to begin with). It also means that simply pairing up with a person doesn't actually do anything towards building supports and you don't need to either marry or kill off any of Chrom's eligible bachelorettes.

And speaking of, casualties thus far include: Drakenroy due to an unlucky crit and Nanna due to asshat reinforcements both during chapter 7, and Dierdre due to bad placement and Matthew due to a combination of overestimating his ability to dodge/bad luck and bad placement (although it was for a chest) on chapter 11 (and he was just one level away from promotion).

My current party includes: Chrom who is shitwrecker incarnate right now, Est is less of a tank but is still beastly as all fuck, Florina has been promoted to Dark Flier for Galeforce shenanigans (and she's getting better damage from magic than from lances), Nyna is still more or less team healer, Leonardo is doing a hell of a lot better than his FE10 incarnation now that Discipline has caught him up in bow ranks though he's still behind in levels, Amelia is still kicking around but she's fallen way behind, Marth is still kinda iffy as he continues his career as an axe magnet (also Lodestars don't seem to gain any skills, so it might be worth reclassing him).

As for the unfortunate grinding I've had to partake in. I've made....
-One run through Champions of Yore 1.
-One run through Champions of Yore 2.
-Three runs through Golden Gaffe.
-One run through Exponential Experience.
-One skirmish battle.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4958 on: May 09, 2013, 10:26:59 PM »

Ys IV - Up to the second boss. Got the best armor currently available and my level should be right. Just a matter of getting his pattern down.

Also played some Chrono Trigger hard mode mod briefly, before discovering that every single fight is essentially a boss fight now, which is immensely tedious and not really balanced or interesting. Blerf. Hoping the chrono cross mod I found isn't as insane.

Aquaria - Beat two of the eyeball jellyfish in the meat temple. Also found some recipes that can use all the spoiled meat I keep finding in jars.

I was very much planning on playing Day of the Tentacle and Cupla Innata recently, but this weather is confusing which games I want to play.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4959 on: May 09, 2013, 10:58:48 PM »

Muddling through some obscure quests in Dark Arisen. The map is next to useless for a lot of quests in this game. I'm constantly hitting up walkthroughs and its pissing me off.:(
Also got OkamiHD off the PSN. It really does look fantastic.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4960 on: May 09, 2013, 11:16:33 PM »

Also played some Chrono Trigger hard mode mod briefly, before discovering that every single fight is essentially a boss fight now, which is immensely tedious and not really balanced or interesting. Blerf. Hoping the chrono cross mod I found isn't as insane.

Dev's need to learn: More HP =/= Difficulty.

Valkyrie Profile Hard Mode Progress.  Lawfer kills things on first attack.  BEEEEAAAAMMMM.
Also, the Salerno Academy is seriously, seriously the meanest. :(

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4961 on: May 09, 2013, 11:27:12 PM »

Ni no Kuni: In another edition of "I Can't Catch This Familiar For Anything" it's the Lagoon Naiad. I keep going back to the Crusoe Islands between story bits, but it seems no matter how many I kill it just will not be tamed. I already have one, but my OCD has kicked in with this game and I want to catch two of every base familiar and level them all up to their final evolutions manually.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4962 on: May 09, 2013, 11:31:34 PM »

Dev's need to learn: More HP =/= Difficulty.

Valkyrie Profile Hard Mode Progress.  Lawfer kills things on first attack.  BEEEEAAAAMMMM.
Also, the Salerno Academy is seriously, seriously the meanest. :(

More HP is generally tedious. My favorite kind of balancing is more the 'glass cannon' approach, where enemies don't LAST that long, but they can kill you really fast. This is kind of what SMT does. Most battles in nocturne are over in like three turns, tops, but they all have the potential to wreck your day.

Meanwhile, the Level 0 mod for CT took EXACTLY the approach and it plays really well. OH WELP.

Wrt VP, I remember the first time I played it it was on easy, and I hated it, because I didn't realize this at the time, but you don't actually have to play the game even remotely right to win on easy mode. So I wasn't even bothering with combos, which are like the CENTRAL THANG of the battle system.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4963 on: May 10, 2013, 12:11:28 AM »

Playing Skyrim.  Was wandering around Falkreath and HOLY SHIT A TALKING DOG.  FUCKING OF COURSE I'LL DO YOUR CRAZY DAEDRIC SPIRIT MASTER QUEST MISTER DOG!!!

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4964 on: May 10, 2013, 04:51:05 AM »

ME3 - Doing a bunch of stuff on the citadel.

I have to ask - why would they make so much effort to pain Cerberus in shades of grey in ME2 and make them so cartoonishly evil in ME3?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: