Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 06:04:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338204 Posts in 13845 Topics by 2214 Members
Latest Member: CoreSignal
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 443753 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4995 on: May 14, 2013, 07:39:10 PM »

Don't you need to tank your approval rating to get the good ending? I was under the impression that you really shouldn't send up any Einherjar unless you had to to avoid Freya goin' all Goku on your fat, ugly mama.

--- edit ---

Beat the meat temple in Aquaria. Glad to be done with it. It's not like it was badly designed -- quite the contrary, it was well designed to the point where it was goddamn FREAKY.

Farcry - MORTAR BOAT GRR FUQ U.

Also wrt CT, I ran some more math. I think the majority of techs actually would be useful but the way damage is being shifted around isn't really transparent. In general something I'm seeing is a lot of area of effect combos that do less damage/equal damage to their component techs done separately, only it's spread out over multiple enemies -- but the changes in damage done don't really SEEM all that huge in a lot of cases. Which would make strategizing harder if the game as it was wasn't easy enough for it to not really matter.

There are a lot of combo techs that only seem to matter in very specific scenarios which don't come up much (boss fights with multiple enemies aren't common; boss fights with multiple enemies weak to the same thing don't exist; enemies don't usually end up in a line enough for line attacks to be that helpful -- so a lot of the area of effect/multi-enemy combos don't strike me as useful, since you don't GENERALLY need to use them outside of boss fights).
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 10:01:46 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4996 on: May 14, 2013, 09:39:47 PM »

It's your seal rating you want to tank. Sending them gives some seal rating back, but not much. When I played, I would send 2 people up except for one phase and I was still within the A ending seal rating (I like getting rid of characters, makes the party window cleaner =P).

EDIT: Just started a game of LoL and the 4 other in my team are 1 green banner and 3 yellow banner o_O This should be a great match.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 11:26:53 PM by Annubis » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4997 on: May 15, 2013, 12:20:01 AM »

Finished Mass Effect 3.

Better than ME2 overall.

The ending wasn't the abomination that I was expecting, but it was abrupt and disappointing.

Not a series I'll be going back to anytime soon, but I'm glad I played through it once.

Fuck the Amala Labyrinth. That is all.

Edit: No, seriously.

So I died twice in the second Kalpa. My third round I almost made it to the end of the second kalpa, but I just got unlucky with a back attack which the enemy decided to attack my MC. THIS GAME IS GREAT.

I'd wait until nearly the end of the game before I do Amala. It's easier.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4998 on: May 15, 2013, 12:58:07 AM »

Started playing Harvest Moon: A New Beginning again because I'm hardcore as fuck.

I don't remember how to play this game and I'm surprised my barn didn't burn down. Now I'm making my living selling bugs.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4999 on: May 15, 2013, 05:22:24 AM »

The more I think about ME's ending, the more I think someone went on a binge of Babylon 5 right before they wrote it.

The whole Chaos vs Order thing seems straight up lifted from it, never mind using the Shadows Reapers to come in and cleanse things.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5000 on: May 15, 2013, 09:24:35 AM »

Don't you need to tank your approval rating to get the good ending? I was under the impression that you really shouldn't send up any Einherjar unless you had to to avoid Freya goin' all Goku on your fat, ugly mama.

There's also that whole fighting Ragnarok with the Venir which is the entire point of your trip to Midgar.

Its a matter of being a good little Valkyrie versus sending up the bare minimum to get by while using the better toys for dealing with your own 99 problems (and the game REALLY wants you to take the latter option).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5001 on: May 15, 2013, 10:33:25 AM »

Like, 100 hours into Fire Emblem Awakening and still have boatloads of DLC missions to do. What a gargantuan game.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5002 on: May 15, 2013, 10:45:06 AM »

Like, 100 hours into Fire Emblem Awakening and still have boatloads of DLC missions to do. What a gargantuan game.

Despite all the cool battle-camera options (EVEN FIRST PERSON, WOO) I just stopped being able to deal with them and shortened it so they just kinda ram into each other on the map.

Valkyrie Profile: Chapter 3, got Janus, got Kashel... Poor Celia, she picked shitty friends.

Tales of the Graces: Beat Rich at Strahta's Ruinz.  I missed one of the one minute trophies, and the 9999 eleth mixer trophy sucks ass.  I'm both surprised/happy there isn't a "complete collector's book" trophy.  That would be retarded.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5003 on: May 15, 2013, 12:12:32 PM »

Poor Celia, she picked shitty friends.

Huh?
Kashell, Aelia, Grey and Lemia were all good people (although Kashell was stupid and Grey never saw her as a lover because of Lemia)
The main problem with her friends is that they were ready to sacrifice themselves for a cause while she wasn't.
It's interesting that you'd pity the one that lives over those who died.

A good in-game quote for this would be:
The death of a loved one. For they that remain, the wounds grow deeper and deeper... They that remain grow weaker and weaker, an agony incomparable, their hearts in bondage.
Can you not see it? She has ceased to live, frozen in time. It is the same as if you had slain her with one of your arrows.

and damn you Dice... I need to find the time for another playthrough of VP...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 12:14:49 PM by Annubis » Logged
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5004 on: May 15, 2013, 01:26:20 PM »

Poor Celia, she picked shitty friends.

Huh?
Kashell, Aelia, Grey and Lemia were all good people (although Kashell was stupid and Grey never saw her as a lover because of Lemia)
The main problem with her friends is that they were ready to sacrifice themselves for a cause while she wasn't.
It's interesting that you'd pity the one that lives over those who died.

A good in-game quote for this would be:
The death of a loved one. For they that remain, the wounds grow deeper and deeper... They that remain grow weaker and weaker, an agony incomparable, their hearts in bondage.
Can you not see it? She has ceased to live, frozen in time. It is the same as if you had slain her with one of your arrows.

and damn you Dice... I need to find the time for another playthrough of VP...

Kashel sounded more as a victim of bad translating.
Valk: "You'd sacrifice yourself for this? It's that important?" (a potion)
Kash: "Huh. Maybe.  I guess it is!"
Valk: "...Alright -- hop aboard".

So far Celia's been more a victim of "wrong place, wrong time".  Then again, some of the death are nothing short of ambiguous, and some just...poorly clarified?  But I'm on another play through to help...see what's really going on.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5005 on: May 15, 2013, 04:34:37 PM »

Moving along a bit in Tomb Raider. I'm really liking it so far. The woman who does the voice for Lara is perfect. She plays scared, but determined quite well.
It's been very intense, and very story driven. Similar to Uncharted, but with more things to find, as well as customization of skills, weapons, etc. Very nice additions.

Playing: DA: Inquisition
Reading: A Canticle for Leibowitz
Monsoon
Electric Mayhem
Contributing Editor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5006 on: May 15, 2013, 05:57:04 PM »

More Skyrim.  Thane in 8 out of 9 Holds (all but Windhelm).  Finished Companions.  Finished College of Winterhold.  Middle of Thieves Guild.  Early on in Dark Brotherhood.  Haven't picked a side in Civil War.  Early in main quest.  Once I get bored of those sidequests, I'll stop ****ing around and just beat the game. 

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5007 on: May 15, 2013, 10:16:14 PM »

Farcry - Got onto the carrier and died rather quickly, there.

Culpa Innata - Played briefly. Big empty room syndrome if offputting but this sounds like something I'd probably like. Really slow, though, so gonna hold on it for now.

Dark Scavenger - Played briefly. Not interesting. It's basically Riviera: The Promised Land but... worse in every way?

Think I'll sample The Sea Will Claim Everything and 1893, and then settle back into Chrono Trigger, Farcry, and Dawn of Ys. Aquaria is kind of freaking me out right now :(

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5008 on: May 15, 2013, 11:28:40 PM »

Uncharted 3 Multiplayer:

The Monastery Co-Op Objective on Crushing difficulty while enjoyable, is annoying as hell. I also lost a shitload of matches just for going in randoms.

I've killed more players than winning matches though, so that's cool.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5009 on: May 16, 2013, 05:06:26 PM »

Finished chapter 14 in Lunatic Awakening. I ended up sending my team over to take the eastern boat on turn one then hunkering down with Chrom/Marth and Est/Micaiah holding the gangplank and/or picking off stray Pegasuses. Also helping matters was new recruit Mycen being enough of a tank to cover Thief Mia as she looted the chests.

Next up chapter 15: Sorry Say'ri (jk, I've got a Rescue staff charge with her name on it).

As for the unfortunate grinding I've had to partake in. I've made....
-One run through Champions of Yore 1.
-One run through Champions of Yore 2.
-One run through Champions of Yore 3. (The All Stats +2 skill scroll went to Chrom respectfully.)
-Four runs through Golden Gaffe. (I managed to collect all of the funds on the fourth run.)
-One run through Exponential Experience.
-One skirmish battle.

One thing that disappoints me about the DLC is how most don't keep their music tracks after you complete them, instead defaulting to the basic skirmish music tracks. :(

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: