Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 04:05:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331685 Posts in 13580 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 412851 times)
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5115 on: June 06, 2013, 11:24:47 AM »

Bard's are essential in W7 as far as I'm concerned. The thing with putting an enemy to sleep is that you basically have a 100% hit chance against them, their defense is reduced WHILE they're asleep, and they're not going to be attacking you in the mean time. Yes, there's magic that sleeps enemies too, but early on it's a lot less accurate and more expensive.

I don't think I used a bard in W6 so maybe less necessary there, but still I can imagine them being super useful. You DO tend to have a higher base hit rate in W6, though, which helps.

Also I THINK Ninjas and Bards have some thief skills? You can eventually get the bard's thief skills higher, anyway.

Yeah, I ended up ditching my Thief in favour of another melee character. The Bard's low Skulduggery meant most doors were unable to be opened but thankfully that improved once I leveled up and added some more points to it. The Bards Music and Ninjutsu are rising steadily without me adding anything to them.

After playing the game for a decent bit, I am coming to really like it. So far I have only visited 3 out of the 4 tower rooms in the starting area(fourth is locked from the inside by some dude) Combat got really fun once I leveled up and got more abilities to use. Going to try to explore the lower levels next.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5116 on: June 06, 2013, 08:53:31 PM »

I may have discovered more interesting ways of dying in a shorter time in Dishonored than any game I have ever played. Amazing how quickly you can die!

Everything's Eventual
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5117 on: June 07, 2013, 12:34:12 AM »

Crimson Shroud: I think I'm near the end of the first playthrough. I just fought a gang of doppelgangers and now its time to take on Queen Doppeloppolis.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5118 on: June 07, 2013, 12:40:06 AM »

For some reason I don't feel much like sleeping. It's not that I'm not tired--in fact I'm at the point that if I tilt my head my whole room feels tilted--but something is nagging at me and I can't quite put my finger on it.  Or maybe it's just because I haven't really accomplished anything today. Guess I'll watch some X-Files and see if that distracts my mind enough to sleep.

Yup. Wrong thread. Not tired at all. No siree.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 12:52:02 AM by Klutz64 » Logged

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5119 on: June 07, 2013, 09:06:07 AM »

Bard's are essential in W7 as far as I'm concerned. The thing with putting an enemy to sleep is that you basically have a 100% hit chance against them, their defense is reduced WHILE they're asleep, and they're not going to be attacking you in the mean time. Yes, there's magic that sleeps enemies too, but early on it's a lot less accurate and more expensive.

I don't think I used a bard in W6 so maybe less necessary there, but still I can imagine them being super useful. You DO tend to have a higher base hit rate in W6, though, which helps.

Also I THINK Ninjas and Bards have some thief skills? You can eventually get the bard's thief skills higher, anyway.

Yeah, I ended up ditching my Thief in favour of another melee character. The Bard's low Skulduggery meant most doors were unable to be opened but thankfully that improved once I leveled up and added some more points to it. The Bards Music and Ninjutsu are rising steadily without me adding anything to them.

After playing the game for a decent bit, I am coming to really like it. So far I have only visited 3 out of the 4 tower rooms in the starting area(fourth is locked from the inside by some dude) Combat got really fun once I leveled up and got more abilities to use. Going to try to explore the lower levels next.

Are you using good old graph paper for mapping?

I'm surprised no one has made a simple app for this, the closest thing I've found is Ye Olde Map Maker, but is more designed for pen and paper dungeon master map design than a simple map maker.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5120 on: June 07, 2013, 09:36:57 AM »

Are you using good old graph paper for mapping?

I'm surprised no one has made a simple app for this, the closest thing I've found is Ye Olde Map Maker, but is more designed for pen and paper dungeon master map design than a simple map maker.

I am using graph paper. I thought about using excel to make them but the graph paper is faster and does not interrupt the game as much. The maps are pretty messy but I can make sense of them and that is all that matters I suppose. I have been using them more to remind me where unusual things were or to help me spot blank spots that tend to be secret passages rather than where regular unexplored places are.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 07:50:28 PM by Darilon » Logged

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5121 on: June 07, 2013, 12:02:44 PM »

I managed to find a copy of Okami HD in Seoul on Thursday. I'm done teaching classes so I'm going to blow through this before I go home.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5122 on: June 07, 2013, 03:15:33 PM »

From everything I have read I simply suck at Dishonored....rage quit this AM, took Mass Effect 2 and 3 into GS and got the Trilogy, never played first one so I am quite a few hours into it....much better, blood pressure down, pulse down, breathing normally, lol

Everything's Eventual
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5123 on: June 07, 2013, 06:01:43 PM »

Crimson Shroud: Finished my first run of it. Started my second. Already made it back to Chapter 2. And I've already found an additional room that wasn't available during my first run.

Fire Emblem: "I'm running out of things to call this run." run. Done both Chapter 17 and Lost Bloodlines 1. Lost no characters in either stage. I've finally promoted Amelia into a Great Knight for the extra pair up stat boosts (including +1 Move for the clusterfuck that will be chapter 18), Quan is ready to reclass into something that isn't Paladin (unfortunately Paladin is a pretty baller class and if I send him up Great Knight his ability to gain Speed and Resistance will suffer even more so than before and if I send him up Hero or Berserker his shitty weapon ranks is going to hold him back big time), Est is almost ready to reclass (I want to send her up Mercenary before going for Hero for Armsthrift and Sol shenanigans but I'm already losing Quan's solidness so this will probably hurt me more in the long run), Florina is also getting ready to reclass (which is fine since she still has Deliverer to boost move, she'll get Galeforce to help in hit and run tactics, and she could finally reclass into a class that addresses her Defense deficit), and Chrom now has a shiny new pair of Boots (because who else am I giving these bad boys to?).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5124 on: June 07, 2013, 09:36:11 PM »

I am playing Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4.  It's good.  Gonna keep playing until I finish.  After I eat some dinner. 

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5125 on: June 07, 2013, 09:41:00 PM »

From everything I have read I simply suck at Dishonored....rage quit this AM, took Mass Effect 2 and 3 into GS and got the Trilogy, never played first one so I am quite a few hours into it....much better, blood pressure down, pulse down, breathing normally, lol

If it's any consolation, I'm not really enjoying it either.

Got to the second mission, went.....eh.....put it down.

You're not the only one!

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5126 on: June 07, 2013, 11:42:31 PM »

Bought Scurvy Scallywags, that iOS Match-3 Pirate game from the guys who worked on Monkey Island. It's pretty awesome if you're into that sort of thing and it delivers on the humor well enough.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5127 on: June 07, 2013, 11:50:05 PM »

Gunvalkyrie - This seems like Burning Rangers, but... a lot sleeker, and without the rescue/navigator component. I think I'd be playing it some more if my xbox was working >:C

Shenmue - Started it then realized I didn't have any attention span. Um...

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5128 on: June 08, 2013, 12:00:07 AM »

Seriously man, if you've never played it before give it a shot.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5129 on: June 08, 2013, 12:11:13 AM »

Eternal Sonata - Who's bright freaking idea was it to split the party up between the "damage dealing" characters and "support" characters???? WHO DOES THAT????

The whole shtick with taking photos is a pain in the butt.

Enemy variety has been between like 10 types....

Polka is a nuisance and I'm sure Allegretto can do better.

Jazz is hot for an anime name.  Half of the allure is probably his name.

Even for an older PS3 title, it is damn pretty looking.

I don't know why I keep playing this game.  It's got some terrible design choices, but it's addictive.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: