Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 07:24:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319732 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 361342 times)
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5130 on: June 08, 2013, 08:41:34 AM »

Wizardry VI - Beat the castle and am now in the mines. The castle was great fun and I really liked a lot of the
quests in it so far. My favourite has probably been outdrinking a pirate called Captain Matey.

I actually like that the rooms are described by text. I think if they had used graphics, the rooms would not have looked that nice but the text really makes you imagine what it looked like. Yay for the power of imagination.

I had a strategy that was going great against multiple enemy groups. My melee attacked the first group, my mage fireballed the second and my bard put the third to sleep. In the end the mage just destryed every enemy with his fireball. Love fireball <3. Now I am fighting Dwarves which appear to be magically resistant. Not cool, not cool at all.

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5131 on: June 08, 2013, 08:58:39 AM »

From everything I have read I simply suck at Dishonored....rage quit this AM, took Mass Effect 2 and 3 into GS and got the Trilogy, never played first one so I am quite a few hours into it....much better, blood pressure down, pulse down, breathing normally, lol

If it's any consolation, I'm not really enjoying it either.

Got to the second mission, went.....eh.....put it down.

You're not the only one!

Actually it IS some consolation, everyone seems to love this game except me...and you, lol. I keep reading how easy it is also and I swear I died non-stop, was crazy. Felt like often I wouldn't even have enough time (even with slow time on) to assess the situation before I would get gang raped by soldiers.

Everything's Eventual
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5132 on: June 08, 2013, 04:50:03 PM »

Jazz is hot for an anime name.  Half of the allure is probably his name.

I don't know why I keep playing this game.  It's got some terrible design choices, but it's addictive.

Yes, it is addictive! Also, while I do agree that Jazz has an very cool name, I prefer his Trusty Bell name instead: Jitterbug. ;)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5133 on: June 08, 2013, 04:53:51 PM »

Started playing Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. Skipping all the dialogue because it's generic and I want to get straight to the action. I don't want any of my units to die! That's the worst part. Someone dies *reset*

"Oh, a hunter..."
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5134 on: June 08, 2013, 06:01:15 PM »

Welp, I'm officially in love with Rain-Slick 4.  Everything's gorgeous, from the dungeons to the music to the insane variety of monsters.  The dialog, flavor text, and plot are HILARIOUS and do a great job of lampooning RPG stereotypes and using the Penny Arcade characters.  I've seen tons of nods to Zeboyd's other games and various other RPGs.  For instance, one of the starting monsters (who's quite a strong magic user) is an elaborate Persona reference, with a name and appearance nodding to Philemon and skills like "Eternal Punishment" and "Revelation." I'm about 10 hours in and I'm 90% sure I'm near the end - the final boss has revealed itself and I'm doing sidequests. 

Look, this is an extremely awesome RPG, it recaps the prior games in its opening cut scene, and it costs $5.  It was also basically made by two guys.  You could do a lot worse. 

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5135 on: June 08, 2013, 07:55:40 PM »

I don't know why I keep playing this game.  It's got some terrible design choices, but it's addictive.

Yes, it is addictive! Also, while I do agree that Jazz has an very cool name, I prefer his Trusty Bell name instead: Jitterbug. ;)

I'd probably love the name more if it wasn't for "Wake me up, before you Go-Go". x)
Buh dun dun Jitterbug....

Anyways.  More Eternal Sonata/Trusty Bell.... THIS GAME GETS THE AWARD FOR BEST IMPORTANT CHARACTER DEATH EVER.
Code:
Naw, I'm kidding, it gets the trophy for longest fucking death speech ever though.  Seriously, she was laying there dying for 10 minutes and recounting the previous five minutes before.

I need a game that explains the difference between a powerful-emotional stab that will kill a character in one hit, and explain why bosses take like 30 turns to take out.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5136 on: June 08, 2013, 07:58:03 PM »

And you just hit the point where I gave up on the game ^^;;
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5137 on: June 08, 2013, 08:39:40 PM »

Got Animal Crossing 3DS a day early somehow and enjoying a relaxing game that's just fun.  Game is pretty cute.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5138 on: June 08, 2013, 09:14:12 PM »

Started playing Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. Skipping all the dialogue because it's generic and I want to get straight to the action. I don't want any of my units to die! That's the worst part. Someone dies *reset*

Been playing this myself recently as well. I'm currently on the desert chapter in Ephraim's route on Hard Mode (and I've done no grinding save for some arena abuse with characters that immediately saw the bench and haven't left since (I wanted the cash)).

I'd probably love the name more if it wasn't for "Wake me up, before you Go-Go". x)
Buh dun dun Jitterbug....

Anyways.  More Eternal Sonata/Trusty Bell.... THIS GAME GETS THE AWARD FOR BEST IMPORTANT CHARACTER DEATH EVER.
Code:
Naw, I'm kidding, it gets the trophy for longest fucking death speech ever though.  Seriously, she was laying there dying for 10 minutes and recounting the previous five minutes before.

I need a game that explains the difference between a powerful-emotional stab that will kill a character in one hit, and explain why bosses take like 30 turns to take out.

Don't worry. She'll be back.

Code:
For the bonus dungeon.

At the exact same level and with the exact same equipment and skills she had when she left.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5139 on: June 08, 2013, 09:25:30 PM »

Code:

Don't worry. She'll be back.

Code:
For the bonus dungeon.

At the exact same level and with the exact same equipment and skills she had when she left.
[/quote]

But she's not too good. :(
(or at least, there's better priority characters)

Also, I love the mo-cap for this game for the very puffy hips and dresses.  Most characters always have their arms at an outward angle. x)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5140 on: June 09, 2013, 03:28:39 AM »

Fiddled with the Dreamcast. The crashes are kind of weird to me. Locking up mid game can indicate overheating. A dying laser would mean the disc won't load up at all, which is rare. I did wiggle the power supply pins a bit to see if I could get a better connection.

Anyway, dicked around with VOOT briefly to see if the DC was working any better. And then I ended up playing it for... 40 minutes apparently? When you get in the zone with VOOT it's pretty damn engrossing.

(Meanwhile Panzer Dragoon Saga is sort of underwhelming!)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 04:47:32 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5141 on: June 09, 2013, 03:40:40 PM »

Been playing a lot of Graces f. It took a while, but I'm really warming up to this game. Once again, I've been charmed by the great characters, and they have such great chemistry together, just like the past Tales games I've played. And some of it is genuinely funny too.

Anyway, I've just gotten to Yu Liberte. Asbel is my highest level character at 34 at the moment.
Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5142 on: June 09, 2013, 04:52:15 PM »

After 3 months of Persona 2 play I am done... Last night at 4:04 AM (or is that the morning?) I beat Persona 2 EP. I feel somehow evolved from the experience.

Today I decided to try and pick up a backlog and tackle Wild Arms Alter Code F again. Gee golly folks... I hate picking up games I put down a year a ago. I remember the plot well enough but it took all afternoon to familiarize myself with the mechanics again. I shall not falter with this effort! I wanted to play-through Wild Arms since I was kid (when first it bested me). I don't even think I love all that much about the title aside from the soundtrack and setting to be honest, but at this point it is personal!!-LoL

I also decided to go ahead and pick up Animal Crossing New Leaf which I will be trying out post my lovely (and large) tattoo session this evening. 

Animal Crossing and Wild Arms totally fit the bill for me right now. They are just what I need to "lighten" the mood a bit after 3 months of Persona 2.

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5143 on: June 09, 2013, 05:43:24 PM »

Been playing a lot of Graces f. It took a while, but I'm really warming up to this game. Once again, I've been charmed by the great characters, and they have such great chemistry together, just like the past Tales games I've played. And some of it is genuinely funny too.

Anyway, I've just gotten to Yu Liberte. Asbel is my highest level character at 34 at the moment.

If I remember correctly that happens to be just before the difficulty spike that started turning me away from the game during my first attempt at it. The bosses after Yu Liberte are just stupid powerful compared to the regular monsters you fight in their dungeons.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5144 on: June 09, 2013, 05:46:25 PM »

I finished Rain-Slick 4 a few hours ago. Tremendously good game, but the final god of the Quartet ended up being... a lot like a plot point from an earlier Zeboyd title.  I was amused by that.  I'm already looking forward to any DLC they add, if they decide to go that route again. (Rain-Slick 3 had some costumes, one boss, and one short scenario as free DLC post-release).  

Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: