Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 08:24:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331783 Posts in 13584 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 413799 times)
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5160 on: June 11, 2013, 04:29:00 PM »

Hahaha! Now I don't feel so doofus-like for buying AC!

I think I'm gonna regret selling that Sunfish I caught my first day, but it did make my first down payment on my house.

Working on my downpayment right now actually.... I keep donating all my new catches to the museum and its slowing me down-LoL

There is a sort of stigma that comes along with playing AC isn't there? I don't care! I love this game and I'm a 28 year old male. It's the perfect, relaxing Summer game IMO.

I too am a 28 year old male and I adore the cute-factor of this game! I have proudly marched into gamestop to pick up Agarest and Hyperdimension Nep amongst others.... I even go so far as to use my LE's as decor in my tattoo room at the studio I work at... I gave up worrying about the stigma long ago, but sadly your right my friend... people do judge you a bit based on this stuff. And that is fine with me, you know why??? THEY WILL NEVER KNOW THE JOY I EXERIENCED TODAY OF TRADING A FORTUNE COOKIE TICKET FOR AN ARWING!! And for that reason I feel sorry for those who poor souls...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5161 on: June 11, 2013, 05:07:59 PM »

Threw down some Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis last night while my roommate was watching wrestling. This shit is pretty cash! It's nothing to write home about in audio or visuals, but it is a perfectly competent strategy RPG with some neat systems in place. I will be playing quite a bit more of this, I'm sure. 

And unrelated: I have learned SO MUCH about wrestling just by living with a dude that obsesses over it. So much so that I've begun to genuinely appreciate it. I *may* have paused my game for the Bryan-Rollins match.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5162 on: June 11, 2013, 05:31:07 PM »

One thing that bugged me about the Atelier Series lately:

Why is it that the story is so light-hearted, and the characters talk so slow and cutesy that it's almost belittling; but when the actual "alchemy" aspect of the game starts up, everything turns to fucking rocket science with PAGES on how to do what??

In fact, if it wasn't for the fact I just generally dig the JRPG gameplay styles, why the hell do all of them do this really kiddie stuff??

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5163 on: June 11, 2013, 05:44:41 PM »

Cause it's easier?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5164 on: June 11, 2013, 07:34:28 PM »

I feel a cognitive dissonance with it.  I feel like I want to like these games, but everything else it slings at me makes me want to resist.
(I'm kinda just glazing over your response, but man, is it that hard to make a light-hearted story somewhat entertaining?)

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5165 on: June 11, 2013, 08:10:35 PM »

Godhand and Shining Force 3p2 came in the mail... sometime this week. SF3.2 wasn't supposed to come till like July so uh wtf. Probably gonna play some Godhand to make sure it works. SF3.2 will obviously wait so I'll... probably just run it through Alcohol to make sure the disc is readable.

Also threw in an ordr for SF3p3 since shipping times are being so goddamn ADVENTURESOME lately.

Anyway actual game updates, uh...

Shenmue - Not much progress. Just at the end of day 1. Did I mention that Chulip is Shenmueish as hell?

I need to get back to Dust and Shining Force. I sort of took a break because the weather got STUPID and I had a migraine for basically half of last week.

@ Dice:

I think i heard the Mana Khemia games were less AM I KAWAII? UGUU~~~. Maybe.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5166 on: June 11, 2013, 08:14:41 PM »

Mana Khemia is pretty good at taking the piss out of that KAWAAIIII.

Muppy 4 eva.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5167 on: June 11, 2013, 08:43:06 PM »

Lately, I've been really mean with my teammates in LoL...
In my defense, I've been paired with really bad people that don't even want to listen to counsel.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5168 on: June 11, 2013, 08:44:37 PM »

As mother used to say, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Otherwise you won't get the Santa Baron avatar.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5169 on: June 11, 2013, 08:57:50 PM »

Did I mention that Chulip is Shenmueish as hell?

Chulip is beyond words. Great game...especially the music! :)

Also

Muppy 4 eva.

Viva La Muppy!

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5170 on: June 11, 2013, 10:16:40 PM »

That reminds me. There's this bird noise in both Chulip and Shenmue that's like the exact same sound. Daquf IS that? Anyway, I think I mentioned either in this thread or Haps, but I'd wished that Animal Crossing had more in-depth NPCs. I'm not saying that Chulip and Shenmue have SUPER in-depth NPCs, but there's more to their... mmm personality? They're not all effectively generics using one of I think nine pre-set personality types like AC had.

IDK maybe New Leaf fixes that. If I ever get a 3DS I can drag that with me on the bus after work and hang around with non-existant people. Even with nine different personalities, that's... still more personality that I encounter at wMY LIFE IS A MESS. OH MY GOD.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:19:30 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5171 on: June 12, 2013, 01:32:27 AM »

Muppy 4 eva.

Viva La Muppy!

Good to hear about mana khemia.  I haven't played it, but I am a big fan of Muppy's tune.  I may have to watch some LPs.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/11/project-x-zone-trailer-brings-us-new-english-footage/#disqus_thread
I am proud to have the top rated comment on that post.

...no real gaming news, worked on a paper today.  Took forever because of constant gaming news.  ...what does around comes around?

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5172 on: June 12, 2013, 07:30:57 AM »

After taking a hiatus from playing games, I seem to be doing nothing but. Anyway...

Tales: Finished Yu Liberte stuff. Gonna go get on a boat. Tales is the the one series where fighting never feels like a chore. Dat battle system, mmmm.

Front Mission DS: Started reading about the Front Mission series and got really interested, so I bought a used copy of this game. I've done about 3 missions and its challenging, but still enjoyable. I thought the Wanzer part mechanic would be challenging, but then I realized that it's pretty much like most RPG equipment mechanics with more slots and a few extra twists thrown in. I can't get over the fact that the main character in the O.C.U. story is called Royd.

State of Decay: Anyone else pick this up? I played about an hour and half of it last night and its fun. It reminds me of Dead Rising except the NPCs so far aren't idiots. The enemy AI is a little off though.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5173 on: June 12, 2013, 01:54:00 PM »

I have a question! I'm considering getting my son a 3DS for all the help he's giving me with my garden while I'm crutching around. Is the only difference between the regular and XL models the bigger screen? Do the games look stretched, or not as good? I'm just wondering if it's worth the extra $50.

Playing: TWD Season 2
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5174 on: June 12, 2013, 01:56:45 PM »

I have a question! I'm considering getting my son a 3DS for all the help he's giving me with my garden while I'm crutching around. Is the only difference between the regular and XL models the bigger screen? Do the games look stretched, or not as good? I'm just wondering if it's worth the extra $50.

From what I saw, the 3D angle is an improvement.  With standard 3DS, you have to be perfectly parallel and you can't stray more than a few degrees... 3DS XL is better in the regard.  But yeah, games weren't made for a bigger resolution.

YMMV.

Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: