Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 05:56:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334409 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 422941 times)
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5190 on: June 14, 2013, 10:01:17 PM »

New Vegas - I was peacefully exploring an area when I got blown up to bits by missiles. Eventually I found out what was happening but it was completely unexpected. I think that's why I'm having so much fun playing the game: it's packed full with all kinds of random and crazy stuff.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5191 on: June 14, 2013, 10:09:52 PM »

New Vegas - I was peacefully exploring an area when I got blown up to bits by missiles. Eventually I found out what was happening but it was completely unexpected. I think that's why I'm having so much fun playing the game: it's packed full with all kinds of random and crazy stuff.

That's why I loved Metal Saga and Romancing Saga -- and I think why I preferred NV so much to Bethesda's offering. Their TES games always felt so *static*.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5192 on: June 15, 2013, 11:22:23 AM »

Eugh I hate the Romancing SaGa games because the lack of save points would usually mean that if I took one wrong turn I'd get my ass into a Game Over screen.
But I respect it

In my on-going nit-pick with Eternal Sonata, I fight with it because I know it can take the hits.
I checked out Gamefaqs for good options on what the "best party" is (because with my limited time, I hate levelling shitty characters); but i love how hard that is to find in this game -- many of the characters are beneficial in their own ways that it's really hard to settle on a "best" set.  Retto is all-around great, Fred can stack echos and heal, Polka can heal and use good magic, Viola is the mid-game Queen, Jazz is a tank, Falsetto can stack echos, the twins have good status-effecting magic, etc.

Also, the amount of side content is pretty big, but easily missed (meeting Dolce that 3rd time is *really* random).

Also-also, that church/cave dungeon was like...the sexiest place I've ever seen.  Diamonds are a girls best friend...these were in a game, but still!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5193 on: June 15, 2013, 12:09:35 PM »

Dividing my time this weekend between the FFXIV beta and The Last of Us. Having a good time with both:)

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
_Vandalier_

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5194 on: June 15, 2013, 01:31:47 PM »

Figured this was as good a place as any to pop my cherry on the boards here....

I have almost completed Resident Evil: Revelations for my PS3 and I have to say I am a bit surprised about how much I actually like it. It does blend together the old and new ideas of the series pretty well.

Also, as an old school gamer I always try to play through a retro game concurrently with my current gen games....So I am playing through PS IV for the first time in like 10 years. My favorite thing about the PS games (even PSO) is despite the general colorful nature of the games, you still get this foreboding, almost depressing vibe...Maybe that is just me though lol

Finally, just finished my first playthrough of Tactics Ogre:Let Us Cling Together. For some reason it took me forever to actually start playing this game but I actually really enjoyed it. Definitely made me miss the old style turn based strategy games...I love Disgaea and generally enjoy the ones nowadays but man I really enjoyed the PSX era turn based games. Probably going to go ahead and do a chaos playthrough while I am in the mood.

~My name is... Odd Creature... No, that's not it! It's Roger Bacon! Master philosopher, alchemist, and eternal love child.~
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5195 on: June 15, 2013, 01:48:50 PM »

FE:Awakening: Chrom and Est's Valmese Vacation.

Finished chapter 18 and snagged all the chests in one go without a single casualty, 'whoo!'. The important thing to remember about the volcano is that you have 7 turns before you start losing the loot so as not to overextend yourself and let those blasted Griffon Riders come to you, 'yeah!'. I settled on reclassing Quan into a Great Knight to keep him rocking the Lances and for Luna and eventually Dual Guard+ shenanigans and I reclassed Est into a Hero during the fight instead of a Mercenary since I still want Sol and Axebreaker is nice, 'now show us your titties!'. And given chapter 19's extra deployment slots, I'm thinking about trying my hand at Lost Bloodlines 2 again for Alm and a Dread Fighter scroll. *barf* Then afterwords, we're going to have a big luau, and then they're going to serve lobster, and then we're going to have a great big sleepover at Walhart's place, 'yay!'.

Ys Origin:

Beat the desert section boss, who is a pain in the ass to fight on a laptop in bed.

Also finally decided to take that tour of Aperture Labs for cake and science.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5196 on: June 15, 2013, 05:05:39 PM »

Eugh I hate the Romancing SaGa games because the lack of save points would usually mean that if I took one wrong turn I'd get my ass into a Game Over screen.

You could save anywhere in the majority of SaGa games. I can think of maybe two or three where you couldn't. Minstrel Song was one of those though, I think...

God Hand - Past the first part of stage 2. This TOTALLY picked up a LOT.

Shenmue - Old lady looking for the Yamamotos never showed back up :(

PDS - Finished Uru. In the... part where I ride a speeder. Second Azel fight was also really easy, and I haven't found any of the berserks except for the regular heal useful at all.

Dawn of Ys - OH MY GOD I CAN TURN INTO A LITTLE SWIMMY BUNNY THING.

--- edit ---

Shenmue - Made progress. I was stuck because I suck at reading maps. Opted to turn the voice acting off -- not because it's bad per se but it's awkward in the very specific sense of having really jacked up intonations. Which is something that drives me nuts. Like, at one part, some chick calls Ryo a jerk-off, but the way she says it sounds like she's commanding him to, uh, start jerking off. The awkward pauses and lack of /verbal commas/ are driving me nutser though. As a fringe benefit, it's a lot more surreal feeling without voice, in a good way.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 03:59:22 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5197 on: June 16, 2013, 06:05:36 PM »

Figured this was as good a place as any to pop my cherry on the boards here....

Also, as an old school gamer I always try to play through a retro game concurrently with my current gen games....So I am playing through PS IV for the first time in like 10 years. My favorite thing about the PS games (even PSO) is despite the general colorful nature of the games, you still get this foreboding, almost depressing vibe...Maybe that is just me though lol

Welcome! I am just like you in that I like playing something old school and new concurrently.

That said,  I am perfecting stats in my FF6 save. I am thinking of playing 9 next.

I am thinking of getting Soul Sacrifice. Not sure yet though.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5198 on: June 16, 2013, 07:40:51 PM »

Olay, getting serious with Graces F now. I've barely even restarted it and I have only around 50 days to finish it. I figure if I dedicate at least 2 hours a day to the game, I should be able to finish it with plenty of time to spare.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5199 on: June 16, 2013, 11:54:00 PM »

Uncharted 3 multiplayer:

Finished all chapters in Co-Op Adventure mode in Crushing difficulty and finally got the star badge!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5200 on: June 17, 2013, 12:40:53 AM »

Shenmue - Was 1980s Japan seriously that racist towards the Chinese?

Anyway trying to wittle down a list of RPGs I really wanna dive into this summer. Thinking Shenmue, Xenosaga, and Shining Force 3. The other ones I'm playing are all rather short.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:46:28 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5201 on: June 17, 2013, 11:05:27 AM »

Plugging along in Mass Effect, not having XBox never got to the original, and while I do like it I do seem to die a bit more than I did in 2 or 3, perhaps it's me though, I tend to struggle some with shooting in most games.

Everything's Eventual
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5202 on: June 17, 2013, 12:09:08 PM »

I think I accidentaly missed out on an endgame super-item in Tactics Ogre KoL, because I was pressing A too much in a dialog section.  Oh well.  Game's still good.  Pumped to finish it so I can work on the PSP TO. 

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5203 on: June 17, 2013, 05:34:39 PM »

Seeing the recent bumping of the Xenoblade topic reminded me that I never finished the game.  Instead of playing it, I just watched a LP and found out that I was literally right before the final dungeon.  Oh well, at least it feels like I beat it =P

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5204 on: June 17, 2013, 06:01:57 PM »

Seeing the recent bumping of the Xenoblade topic reminded me that I never finished the game.  Instead of playing it, I just watched a LP and found out that I was literally right before the final dungeon.  Oh well, at least it feels like I beat it =P

This oddly happens to me a lot and I don't know why. 
I'm sad I sold that game off, but man, it was a bit overwhelming to pick up between work and school (I guess I'm pinning on seeing "X" for the WiiU get a release to have a "second go" at it).

Eternal Sonata: I had to backtrack a full dungeon (i.e.; reload an old save; this game is bad for "missed items") because I realized I missed an awesome item...  Ah well, the boss was (Rondo?) was easy enough anyways. 
Fred + Werewolf Chocker + Pocket Watch = Harmony Chains
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 06:03:49 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: