Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 07:29:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327399 Posts in 13404 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 386193 times)
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5205 on: June 17, 2013, 10:35:42 PM »

I am just pluging away on maxing the main stat for each character in FF6. Just got the Paladin Shield. Pretty stoked.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5206 on: June 17, 2013, 11:20:35 PM »

I am just pluging away on maxing the main stat for each character in FF6. Just got the Paladin Shield. Pretty stoked.

Ah, I'm going through Final Fantasy 6 as well (I'm playing it through the Virtual console though). Just got through the burning house in Thasmas. It's funny, because I'm doing the oposite with this runthrough of the game; I'm trying to get through it fast as possible with no attention paid to leveling up. So far, so good.

Little saddened that Lock has already reached level 25...

Also, planning on playing through with Setzer, Gau, Strago, and Mog when I finally get full control of my team.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5207 on: June 18, 2013, 11:11:35 AM »

Well, I've finished my tour through the human enrichment center and I'm still alive. There's no time for cake even if its a lie as there's science to be done and achevios to be won while I'm still alive.

Also, made it through Lost Bloodlines 2 in FE Awakening (and yet another round of Golden Gaffe) and I now have Alm and a Dread Fighter scroll (to give to my eventual Dread Fighter Roberts Chrom). Even with this though I predict that chapter 19 is going to suck given how much of a clusterfuck that turns into. I should probably give Lost Bloodlines 3 a go to see if I can't get the Paragon skill (and Seliph).

As for SSBB, I still haven't deduced what that last unrevealed challenge pertains to (its the one next to the wall and the finish the 100 man Brawl with everybody). I've apparently already gotten the defeat 10 enemies in Cruel Brawl so all that remains as far as I can tell is the aforementioned 100 man Brawl bullshit, the survive the 15 minute Brawl, and collect all stickers (and the aforementioned '?').

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5208 on: June 19, 2013, 01:20:07 AM »

Shenmue - Found the sailors.

PDS - Finished disc 2.

Debating whether to finish PDS or just move on to Shining Force 3. I could wait till scenario 3 ges here I guess...

Godhand is getting relegated to weekend gaming given potential length of time between save points.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5209 on: June 19, 2013, 04:23:41 PM »

Wild Arms Alter Code F- Thank god this game is dripping with puzzles and lots of exploration because the appeal certainly does not lie in the writing.... the plot is alright, but gee golly is the script lackluster. Just got through the forest prison. Things are getting INTENSE!! Heh...

Animal Crossing, Soul Hackers and Everything else for the 3ds.... Well I've finally gone and done it... I threw in the towel... I just CAN NOT get into playing games on a handheld for the life of me. After trying my damndest for the better part of the last year to get through anything on my 3ds I've finally arrived at the realization that, no matter how great the game, playing anything on it just feels like a chore for me. So I sold it. If anyone sees this who added me as a friend I am terribly sorry.

^^I am ashamed to admit this for some reason (oddly).

Put my 3ds profits toward paying off my two Xilia CE's and a playstation 4.

And as for FF6.... you guys are making me jealous... it may soon be time for my dozenth (or so) play-through-LoL

Ah, I'm going through Final Fantasy 6 as well (I'm playing it through the Virtual console though). Just got through the burning house in Thasmas.

From right around there up on through until the WOR is my favorite part of that game... oh the nostalgic goodness. Shadows theme is one of my favorite little diddies in all of gaming history. I use it as a text message alert on my phone.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: June 19, 2013, 07:14:00 PM »

Metal Gear Risinggg. I'm stupidly hooked again. Goddamnit. Got all the DLCs and decided to play around in VR missions instead. Also
Code:
why is the last boss so goddamned cheesy. NANOMACHINES, SON. I still can't stop laughing at all of it.

I also played lots of E3 demos. ;)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5211 on: June 19, 2013, 11:33:27 PM »

Shenmue - Found Nagai Industries and bought some dude a soda. That's about it.

Shining the Holy Ark - Played this long enough to make sure it worked okay. That was a damn interesting intro sequence.

Oh, also played Virtua Fighter 3 briefly. VF3 reminds me of Godhand a lot. Er, vice versa. Whatever. The way the fighting mechanics feel.

OFF - Got the third hula hoop.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 12:36:43 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5212 on: June 20, 2013, 12:29:14 AM »

Knight of Lodis - I now have three summon spells.  Game-changing.  Now 100% of my strategies are going to be A) establish front line. B) set up my summoners. C) profit.

inFamous 2 - I beat this game two years with good karma, so now I'm running through with evil karma and doing some trophy hunting.  Chapter 12 (out of 40), not much beyond the tutorial stuff.  Thus far I prefer the good karma power branches except for grenades. Cluster bombs are great. 

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5213 on: June 20, 2013, 06:16:02 PM »

Wild Arms ACF: Ok I know the translation is not stellar but I seriously think they completely missed providing any reasonable direction as to how you go about finding the "Evil" guardian. I don't check faqs but I had no choice on that one... Anyone else have that problem or did just completely miss something?

Dust An Elysian Tale: Finally picked this game back up. I don't know how I put it down... so addicting. Just made it to Mudpot. What a beautiful village for such a grotesque name.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5214 on: June 20, 2013, 06:39:26 PM »

SOMEBODY HELP! I'm already way behind where I wanted to be in Tales of Graces F and yet all of a sudden all I feel like doing is playing through Shadow of the Colossus for the fourth time. >_<

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5215 on: June 20, 2013, 07:03:23 PM »

...there is no help....playing through it three times is more than I managed, game bored me to tears

Everything's Eventual
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5216 on: June 20, 2013, 07:16:22 PM »

SOMEBODY HELP! I'm already way behind where I wanted to be in Tales of Graces F and yet all of a sudden all I feel like doing is playing through Shadow of the Colossus for the fourth time. >_<

Bah, I resist because I hate that one stretch (iirc, the 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th).  I think it's pretty easy to say that they're the hardest (or at least two of those there will be).

There is something nice about just wandering around the land without fear of being attacked by anything.

Tales of the Abyss -- Cecille and Fring's quest was one of those things that completely went right passed my head the first time I played, the second time too sorta (I started it, but missed parts and couldn't complete it).  It's annoying, but I love the nuances that are covered w/i the sidequests (particularly interesting is a lot of the Guy sidequests).

Eternal Sonata -- Too...many...characters...  Aw, my Queen Viola is out of the party.  I love the party diversity, I hate picking who's in an out.  Rondo was an easy boss, Fugue mvt. 2 (see wha Ah did ther?) was also pretty easy.
I'm also getting equipment that is finally useful (if +3 Def has ever kept a character alive at least 10% of the time when they're getting hit with a big attack then I'll eat my own shoe)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5217 on: June 20, 2013, 08:28:25 PM »

So I did end up sitting down and playing some Graces F.

I'd like to say I made some progress, but the entire time was spent grinding for Gald. And even there I didn't really make much headway. My problem is I don't understand this game at all. I spend most of the money I make on boosting equipment, and by the time I make any gald grinding or via the Eleth Mixer/Dualizing my equipment is ready to be further boosted. There is no natural stopping point for boosting, and hell if I know what I'm doing when I boost the things anyway. It's all a bunch of numbers to me with no real order of importance!

I don't know. I love this game's story, modified battle system, and the world. But shards and gems just go way over my head -_-

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5218 on: June 20, 2013, 08:33:54 PM »

So I did end up sitting down and playing some Graces F.

I'd like to say I made some progress, but the entire time was spent grinding for Gald. And even there I didn't really make much headway. My problem is I don't understand this game at all. I spend most of the money I make on boosting equipment, and by the time I make any gald grinding or via the Eleth Mixer/Dualizing my equipment is ready to be further boosted. There is no natural stopping point for boosting, and hell if I know what I'm doing when I boost the things anyway. It's all a bunch of numbers to me with no real order of importance!

I don't know. I love this game's story, modified battle system, and the world. But shards and gems just go way over my head -_-

Allow me to help

Have to be in F-arc
Gald Farming is without a doubt the easiest with the "Piggyback" method.  The best way to do this fastest and to get (literally) the most bang for your buck, is by challenging the Rockagong.  Yeah, I know, it's crazy.  I recommend YouTubing this but I'll do my best here:
-- Hubert, Sophie, and Cheria have a Title that makes them take the damage of an attack and inflict it on the enemy (use the 'square' button descriptions to find it, they should all be within the first two rows)
-- I like using Hubert, his "Son of Lhant" or "Super brother" title needs to be set (I can't remember the names, 'square' button it(!
-- Equip ALL BOOKS that deal with doubling SP/EXP/Gald and halving stats
-- Set the difficulty to the hardest, and take off all good equipment.
-- Challenge Rockgagong on the HARDEST available mode you can
-- You accel guage will SOAR because Rock is such a high level enemy
-- When Rock swipes at you for 9999999 damage, hit the Accel Button IMMEDIATELY after it happens to "skip death" and pull off Hubert's super attack that will kill him in one hit.  It's hard to time, but worth the insane sum of money.

Also, with regards to the expense of upgrading equipment, it's because your equipment is "too good" and that's why it costs a lot.  First off, there are tons of items you can dualize to make more money, but if you can keep dualizing shitty equipment, you'll make up the difference between what you have equipped now and the stuff available in the next town.  Here's a hot tip: Dualize the FIRST weapons you get in the game since it always costs peanuts to upgrade...this also makes it very beneficial for the "best equipment" that you dualize for with the "sphere" items in Zhonecage.

Something worth gamefaq's ing is dualize "qualities" to keep an eye out for.  Certain qualities contain a "weapon resell value" and a "weapon multiplier value" (the latter being more valuable and ideal for a title later in the game and to "access" certain levels of Zhonecage).  If you can find these qualities, you can help sell weapons for big money. 

Random note: prioritize EVA and ACC stats in this game, they're the better stats.

Also for Dualizing, it's good to let that thing make some shit items to keep making the number bigger.  The more you make, the bigger the charge on it, at least you technically "run out less" even though it won't solve your money issues.

In terms of good dualizing items.  If you can make any of those rings, those are good.  There's "Kaigar's Script" in the backstage part of that shitty piss poor winter town that can be dualized for major, major monies when you dualize it with a Quill.  Just keep making things and selling them, look at Inn Requests that give you a lot of money as well. 

http://aselia.wikia.com/wiki/ToG_-_Manuscripts
The book od Disollution is great, Gathering, and Acquistion is great for this.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 08:52:44 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5219 on: June 20, 2013, 09:01:06 PM »

Thanks, Dice! xD

Unfortunately, I'm only on Gralesyde right now, so still a biiiiit out of the way for some of that, but it's useful information nonetheless.

Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: