Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 09:01:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335253 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 435543 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5220 on: June 20, 2013, 09:07:13 PM »

When I didn't have enough money to buy every upgrade in Graces f I just...didn't.  You don't actually need every upgrade, you know.  It's perfectly fine to skip some or just pick the ones that seem most important.

Though by the end of the game I had some book on my eleth mixer that converted extra resources to gald and I had more money than I knew what to do with.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5221 on: June 20, 2013, 09:11:26 PM »

Yes, well... OCD and video games don't mix well.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5222 on: June 20, 2013, 09:24:09 PM »

Thanks, Dice! xD

Unfortunately, I'm only on Gralesyde right now, so still a biiiiit out of the way for some of that, but it's useful information nonetheless.

Well even better!  Keep with the first equipment if you still have it!!!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5223 on: June 21, 2013, 07:01:57 AM »

Finally about to face the last boss in Tales of the Abyss.

Still wandering the dark caverns of Wizardry 6. Thinking of class changing soon enough although I will probably totally unbalance my party. Carry limit is becoming an issue causing me to have to get rid of a lot of items.

I saw the Dungeons and Dragons: Classic Anthology for sale. It has Baldurs Gate 1 & 2, Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale 1 & 2 and The Temple of Elemental Evil in it. I have been thinking of getting Planescape for a while now and the bundle seems good. Saw it on Amazon for $109 but considering you can get all six games individually on GOG for less than thirty, decided against it. Saw the bundle elsewhere for 15 and will probably get it there. I am interested in all of them bar The Temple of Elemental Evil which I had never heard of before.

Realised that I have been calling Planescape, Planetscape for years.

EDIT: Found This bundle instead which is much better
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 05:49:34 PM by Darilon » Logged

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5224 on: June 21, 2013, 09:26:29 AM »

Thanks to all the advice I'm feeling much more confident about the approach I'm taking in Graces F. Beat Malik in Walbridge last night in under 30 seconds so I'm feeling pretty good about where my characters are at. Here's hoping today I can get the one minute achievement on Cedric that I missed last time.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5225 on: June 21, 2013, 09:53:59 AM »

Since I have no Internet at home right now, I've also been playing some ToGF. Currently working on getting every title for everyone.

- Surprisingly, Hubert was the first one to get them all
- Asbel and Sophie are both stuck on the second steal stuff title
- Attribute exploiting titles are very slow on casters. Every A-art character got them a long while ago. I have to manually play my casters to speed it up (and this is a new game+, meaning Cheria didn't get the final attribute exploiter title in 2 playthrough)
- Training Pascal sucks. She's great in player's hands but just a punching bag when AI controlled
- Malik learns a spell from a very very very late title, said spell then needs to be cast around 300 times... that's almost a jerk move.
- Sophie needs to cast Ataraxia around 850 times for mastery. Unless you've been manning Sophie, you probably won't even have 10 in one playthrough
- The arena is a great place to train, tons of enemies with little wait.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5226 on: June 21, 2013, 02:21:45 PM »

I love playing as Sophie so I have no problem with getting her skills up, I actually think she's the best A-artes fighter in the game, personally.  Also there is that book of Striking that's good for Arte usage (but it costs an arm and a leg; I don't know how else to get the usage count to 9999 though, iirc there's an achievement or a title in that).

Pascal is high-risk and high-return, like you said her AI sucks donkey butt, but she's good in the player's hands (she also has what is probably one of the *best* Accel Mode skills....but the computer AI usually puts it in the LEAST effective spot to be of ANY use....).

On the contrary, I find Malik a really effective mage AI and he's fun to use as (for particularly long and brutal battles I love using him to support/cast with a title that helps out casting speed...omg, can you believe a MAGE is finally FUN to play as??!).

Hubert is a godsend, but he's probably the trickiest to use (along with Cheria to some extent; but as for her, she's a surprisingly "useful" fighter despite usually being delegated as the Team Healer).  Hubert's Rolling Thunderbolt is probably the easiest skill in the game to spam.

Asbel is perfectly average in everyway, but I think his linked/altered artes are the most useful.

I really want to try to get all titles, but god....the game has SOOOO many [non-PS3-trophy] achievements that you need to accomplish.  Also, stealing that old man's medicine in the arena can suck Evil Richard's hoity-toity ass.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5227 on: June 21, 2013, 04:29:27 PM »

My son blasted through Dust in 9 hours! I was shocked by this, as I played it for almost 20 hours. After some questioning, I found out that he didn't do any of the Trial areas, and didn't spend much time going after extra stuff in the levels. I probably spent half my time doing these things! I loved the game and didn't want it to end. Goofy kid.
I think he'll like Bastion, too, so that's on the docket. I may let him play Xenoblade, but I have reservations because I myself haven't gotten very far in it. Probably never will, to be honest. The time commitment scares me. He's on summer break so it's the perfect time for him to play it. Better him than no one, right?

I'm liking Tomb Raider a lot, but The Last of Us is giving me the eye. Hopefully TR doesn't go on too much longer.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5228 on: June 21, 2013, 04:36:07 PM »

Also there is that book of Striking that's good for Arte usage (but it costs an arm and a leg; I don't know how else to get the usage count to 9999 though, iirc there's an achievement or a title in that).

You need the lvl 9 (or 10?) turtle vendor. There's a turtle vendor right next to the arena desk lady and one arena run is around 50,000.
Buy then sell Rare Swords using the arena cash until you hit enough stamps.

If you don't want to lose money, just buy the Rare Swords, dualize them with something like Magical, Noble, or whatever $$$ property and sell it for like 5 times more. You don't even need to temper it, the selling price goes up just from sharding it.
I was rich enough not even to bother doing that myself.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5229 on: June 21, 2013, 06:07:47 PM »

Almost finished with Mass Effect, I love this universe so much I might go straight into 2 and finish it again!

Everything's Eventual
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5230 on: June 21, 2013, 07:21:41 PM »

Did not even get close to the one minute achievement on Cedric (1:45), but I guess from what I read a lot of the 1min achievements take a lot of extra work to get on the first playthrough so I'm not going to worry about them. Trophies don't hold a lot of value to me, anyway.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5231 on: June 21, 2013, 10:53:38 PM »

Played some more campaign in The Last of Us tonight. Constantly stressed out just trying to survive on  very little health. This game is a true gem:)

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5232 on: June 21, 2013, 11:20:43 PM »

Very close to wrapping up my FF6 run. I am not sure where to go next: I kinda wanna buy Rainbow Moon and Final Fantasy 5 is one of the Final Fantasy games I have not played for more than two hours. I am also on the fence about buying Ni No Kuni. Life is full of the tough decisions.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5233 on: June 22, 2013, 12:04:13 AM »

Picked up the last of the characters and cleared fanatic's tower. Need to do Strago's sidequest and Shadow's dream and then to Kefka's tower. Moogle charm is a blessing! Looks like my final team is going to be Mog, Setzer, and--at my sister's request--Celes, and Lock.

My sis thinks Edgar is the most goofiest character in the game, especially when he spins at mach speed when using the chainsaw, or putting the hockey mask on for the chainsaw's dispatch.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5234 on: June 22, 2013, 12:16:22 AM »

Shenmue - Some dudes tried to mug me and I broke there arm. Pretty sure kid is gonna kill the cat and I have no idea how to stop her.

Dynamite Cop - I played this for like an hour and I have no idea why.

Oh well. Got the last of the Sega stuff I wanted off of eBay, so I can finally stop going there gonna be having an epic SRPG July.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: