Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 06:43:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332888 Posts in 13640 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 418580 times)
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5250 on: June 24, 2013, 05:01:27 PM »

So I played Tales of Graces f pretty heavily the last two weeks. Logged something like 62 Hours in total, and now the Lineage and Legacies arc starts?!

So much game....as much as I like it (I don't remember the last time I put this amount of time into a game!), is it worth playing through the after-arc, or is it really long and grindy?
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5251 on: June 24, 2013, 06:52:49 PM »

I think the after-arc is definitely worth playing.  It's not grindy and there's a lot of new content.  I honestly forget how long it took, though...it's not another full game or anything, but it isn't short either.  Maybe 15 hours?

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5252 on: June 24, 2013, 06:53:38 PM »

It's exactly like the main game.

So-so story
Great character
Freakishly hard bosses
Insane asylum dungeon designs
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5253 on: June 24, 2013, 09:22:50 PM »

I think my favorite PS3-exclusive game is inFamous 2.  Is that... weird?  Whatever, this game rules.  This is my third playthrough, and I'm taking care to max out my powers for a few stray trophies.  I will try and do some UGC stuff later as well.  Very early in the Flood Town section (3rd of 4 "chapters" in inFamous 2). 

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5254 on: June 24, 2013, 09:24:33 PM »

I'm so glad I'm not alone in thinking the bosses are stupid amounts of hard and the dungeons are designed for the optimal amount of frustration.

CT: Got the Epoch today. I think I might actually get the canon ending by Saturday.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5255 on: June 24, 2013, 09:30:58 PM »

Arcadia Garden was probably my favorite dungeon in all of Graces f.  Am I a masochist?

I don't know, I guess I actually like dungeons that are challenging just to navigate.  Gives you something to think about.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5256 on: June 24, 2013, 09:32:18 PM »

So I played Tales of Graces f pretty heavily the last two weeks. Logged something like 62 Hours in total, and now the Lineage and Legacies arc starts?!

So much game....as much as I like it (I don't remember the last time I put this amount of time into a game!), is it worth playing through the after-arc, or is it really long and grindy?

Arcadia Dungeon is a terrible maze, but a damned pretty one.

It's not bad.  It's actually quite short, play it right and it's over within 10 hours (till sidequests).  THEN you can play Zhonecage!!  The abosoute and very hard secret dungeon (honestly, the game never ends)!

One thing I liked about L&L is the story.  I'm sure few would agree, and yeah they shouldn't because it's pretty simple, but I liked its implications with regards to fleshing out the ending for the characters (especially Sophie).  The battle system only gets better, Accel mode is pretty grand, and the enemies are tougher.  It also has what is (besides Arcadia Garden) probably the most relaxing final dungeon ever and some really, really awesome weapons (especially if you're a Tales fan).  Keep with it, it's not too bad, just keep dualizing the shit out of your gear. :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 09:39:29 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5257 on: June 24, 2013, 09:36:55 PM »

I never actually did Zhonecage...is it actually worth it?  Isn't there a bunch of crap you have to do first...

...penguin...

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5258 on: June 24, 2013, 09:46:44 PM »

I never actually did Zhonecage...is it actually worth it?  Isn't there a bunch of crap you have to do first...

...penguin...

Zhonecage is a bit of a bragging right more than anything, but more optimistically, it's a great challenge.... I mean, you find a TON of great gear.  You can do the cameo battle in the arena after (required if you're going for Platinum), and you get a few funny scenes with pseudo-versions of old NPCs as well as a "sexy cameo" (also the Turtlez flute is here which is, hands down, one of the best items in the game).  It's a solid pain in the ass though. 

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5259 on: June 24, 2013, 09:50:22 PM »

The only requirement is a cleared save (star on savegame). Go to Lhant Manor and you'll get a scene.
It's a dungeon to farm the best gear and challenge extra bosses.
If you win against the last Zhonecage boss, it also powers up the last boss to its true form.
I like how the powered up form is challenging as it updates the boss to Zhonecage difficulty (instead of him feeling puny after you're grinded/crafted the best gear).

(Sexy cameo? who?)
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5260 on: June 24, 2013, 09:53:44 PM »

(Sexy cameo? who?)

Code:
A photo of Bikini Judith from ToV

Reminds me of SO2 where if you did the North City sidequest (and Click PA events), you powered up the final boss to an 11 and he'd fuck you up even with the best gear.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5261 on: June 24, 2013, 09:59:36 PM »

Oh yeah... I completely forgot about that... that's in my inventory somewhere right? *pervy smile*
=P

Reminds me of SO2 where if you did the North City sidequest (and Click PA events), you powered up the final boss to an 11 and he'd fuck you up even with the best gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYH6b1nLSNU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0bjl2s4tl8

I don't get it ;)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5262 on: June 24, 2013, 10:01:53 PM »

(Sexy cameo? who?)

Code:

I wish SO2 was harder throughout, as a whole. Make the item crafting actually useful :(

Although even then you can't craft anything decent till the game's basically over anyway :(

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5263 on: June 25, 2013, 01:24:56 AM »

(Sexy cameo? who?)

Code:

I wish SO2 was harder throughout, as a whole. Make the item crafting actually useful :(

Although even then you can't craft anything decent till the game's basically over anyway :(

And maybe make the middle of the game less of a gauntlet of unwinnable boss fights :(

Anyways, I've finally filled out the 100 man brawl bullshit in SSBBrawl. Goddamn, did it suck when you have to take down a hundred enemies with the likes of Jigglypuff and Wario. Anyways, I've discovered that my final unknown challenge simply requires 2000 KOs in Brawls means that I can probably kill an hour on bashing a playerless player (probably gonna set it as Jigglypuff or Pikachu). Don't know if special brawl rules count towards the count or not as setting it at 300% mode and endless time will be a useful time saver on that end. After that, its only the 15 minute brawl bullshit (its bad enough to go 4 and a half minutes straight let alone over three times the length, all on one life, with no healing, and against five level 9 AI alloys or above at once constantly with the occasional NPC to pick up a Star Man, or grab a good pokeball or assist trophy, or chuck a sword at you, or hit you with a pitfall while trying to recover, or chuck a Lil'Sparky at the floor and getting nailed by that, or throw one of like 7 bomb types at you provided you don't just simply get randomly blown up by one of those 7 bomb types spawning on top of you and immediately detonating and either stacking large amounts of damage on you or killing you outright, or catching you with a badly placed bumper or urchin, or nail you with the sparkler cannon, or a fully charged Super Scope 6 shot, or precisely chaining you out of bounds with the blaster, or nabbing a fire flower, a dish of curry, or a Lip's Stick and stack enough damage where even a slight breeze will send you packing 4 minutes into the match, nailing you with a freezie, and so on). Outside of those two things though, all that's left is collecting all the stickers which can be cheesed (actually, you know what, fuck the 15-minute thing, I'm just going to cheese it with Pit; see you tomorrow).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5264 on: June 25, 2013, 01:27:51 AM »

I am 37 hours into Okami. I did not expect it to be this long.
It's not a slog exactly, but I'm ready for it to be done.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: