Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 01:42:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329412 Posts in 13493 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 397899 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5280 on: June 27, 2013, 01:06:59 AM »

Shining Force 3 - Up to chapter 2. This game has interesting missions. Anyway, second fight at the end of chapter two, I got the life ring but hayward died, dropping his friendship rank back to 0. Damn. I like how that hurts you enough to make dying something you want to avoid, but not to the level of punishment Fire Emblem throws at you.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5281 on: June 28, 2013, 03:24:58 PM »

Well I hit a crossroads in Wild Arms Alter Code F...

Do I delve into the ridiculous amount of optional content at the end of the game or B-line it to the finish?... Given how lackluster the writing and characters proved to be for me I decided to just move forward on polishing this one off. This however may have proven an ill-decision, as I just made it up to the top of ka dingle and am CLEARLY under-leveled. I enjoy the challenge but am afraid of not being able to complete the game. And here I thought Rudy's gatling raid alone was gonna be enough to snap the game in half... foolish kylde was...foolish

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5282 on: June 28, 2013, 03:59:57 PM »

ToGF

Almost there... almost there...

Titles left:
Asbel - Steal Items#2
Pascal - Attribute exploit #3
Pascal - Critical Hit #3
Pascal - Steal Items #2
Pascal - Poisonproof

Not very surprising that Pascal is taking more time since I've never used her at all.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5283 on: June 28, 2013, 04:25:00 PM »

I beat Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny, now it's time to choose which chick to marry. Generally, I allow this privilege to my my sister, so it's sometimes a surprise. However, this time around I feel she's going to choose Violet, based on the fact that she's adorable in every way possible (but her singing can use improvements...). Personally, and this is with general game decisions, I like to counter her decisions based on sentimentality and choose the option that nets me the most lulz. In this effect, Steambot Chronicles was perhaps my most hillarious playrthough of a game from the PS2 era. Growlanser III is a close second (Slyan's sass level is at 11). ;)

Speaking of Growlanser III...I need to beat that game! My next game, though, is probably going to be ...

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5284 on: June 28, 2013, 09:32:22 PM »

Got through the last of the challenges for Brawl (aside from the 700 stickers). Paper Fan abuse probably should've been my first option (and thinking back on it that was probably my answer to Melee's 15 minute Melee back in the day, you REALLY need to pay attention to the bombs though). Then for the final KOs for the 2k KO total, I set items to only Pokeballs and Sandbags so now I've seen both Celibi and Jiraichi (no Manphy but fuck Manphy (should've done Team Brawls)). Now to spam the coin shooter for a couple hours and fuck around for a bit before moving on to something else.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5285 on: June 29, 2013, 04:03:35 PM »

Wild Arms Alter Code F.... IS FINISHED!!

That is one loose end from my childhood taken care of!

This also brings me to my final backlog, Agarest War 2. Upon completion of Agarest I will know what it feels to game without the distraction of a backlog. Of course this all depends on if I can pick up mid 2nd generation and figure out what the hell I was doing within that mess of a skill-system. I remember the plot well enough from where I put it down but I recall being relatively "lost" as far as really having a stategic direction as to how I was developing my team. Geeeeee golly I wish I played this one on easy-LoL

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5286 on: June 29, 2013, 04:37:33 PM »

Almost done with inFamous 2.  Gonna wrap up the story, then do some UGC grinding for trophies.  I think I'll 100% this one by tomorrow. 

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5287 on: June 29, 2013, 05:53:58 PM »

Just started a new file in Morrowind. I am playing as an alcoholic old healer who only wears robes and punches every enemy he sees. I don't think I will touch the main quest but rather hunt after the 36 sermons of Vivec.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5288 on: June 29, 2013, 05:59:22 PM »

Briefly played around in the Storm Sanctuary bit of Dawn of Ys. As old as this game is it really epitomizes a lot of non-assholish game design. Like, you're basically invincible if you have the transform ring on -- you just can't fight, so you won't get any experience/gold. So what happens if you get really low on health and need to retreat? You put on the damn transform ring and get somewhere safe, instead of either having to save/reload constantly until you get out of wherever you are, or dying and losing a lot of progress.

Danrilion, do you have an combat-related mods you'd recommend for Morrowang?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 07:06:13 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5289 on: June 29, 2013, 07:17:32 PM »

Morrowang? Bahahaha

Do you mean to stop your attacks missing most of the time in the beginning? There is a mod to make every attack hit but it ruins the difficulty. Not as in a "oh noes, you are not playing the game how it is meant to" but in a it totally unbalances the game kind of way. The combat is based on behind the scenes dice rolls and the mod interferes with the damage reading causing all kinds of problems.

The leveling system was the thing I had to change. I hated the vanilla one.

Edit: Turns out I was wrong. Apparently there is one called Combat Experience - Depth Perception. It apparently does not have the issues the mod I was thinking of had. I have not tried it myself so no idea what it is like.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 07:32:06 PM by Darilon » Logged

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5290 on: June 29, 2013, 07:29:38 PM »

Morrowang? Bahahaha

Do you mean to stop your attacks missing most of the time in the beginning? There is a mod to make every attack hit but it ruins the difficulty. Not as in a "oh noes, you are not playing the game how it is meant to" but in a it totally unbalances the game kind of way. The combat is based on behind the scenes dice rolls and the mod interferes with the damage reading causing all kinds of problems.

The leveling system was the thing I had to change. I hated the vanilla one.

Oh, I'm familiar with that one. I found a different mod that increases your hit percentage to be fairly highish, but you can still miss, and it applies to the enemies too. And it takes your stat into consideration. There's also Combat Enhanced but its combos are rather byzantine.

I wanna see if someone could build a mod for MW that adds in... some kind of Vagrant Story or VATSish system, maybe.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5291 on: June 29, 2013, 07:47:29 PM »

Yeah, just found out about that one. I don't really have much experience relating to combat changing mods. If missing is an issue it may be easier to just raise the weapon skill to 50 by trainers or console command. Attacks miss a lot less frequently at that level or higher.

Morroblivion has also come a long way and Skywind is also being developed. I think Morrowblivion is actually completed.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 08:51:33 PM by Darilon » Logged

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5292 on: June 29, 2013, 08:11:21 PM »

Dead Space 2....having some fun, challenging yet not driving me crazy, and the lighting effects in this game are beyond incredible!

Everything's Eventual
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5293 on: July 01, 2013, 11:33:20 AM »

Final Fantasy 6-All of the characters who are able have learned all the magic spells in the game. Now to level them all up to cap their primary stats. Roughly half way through that grind. I have no idea why I want to spend as much time as I have on this; this is maybe the fourth or fifth time I have completed the game. It still sucks me in though and as long as your having fun......

Ni No Kuni- Now that my three day weekend has begun, I will try and get a little further in this gem.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5294 on: July 01, 2013, 12:10:38 PM »

Waiting for Super Mario Galaxy 2 to come in the mail...

I'm going to start up Resonance of Fate again and try to learn how to play it (only played it for 10 minutes and had no clue what to do).

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: