Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 03:21:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334755 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 427131 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5400 on: July 10, 2013, 06:38:28 PM »

I would've liked The Last of Us more if it the ending didn't make it so obvious that all these characters you spend time learning about and CARING about -- and seeing all the shit they go through -- over the course of the game are just going to all end up dead within 70 years anyway. It's just like, what's the damn point?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5401 on: July 10, 2013, 07:01:17 PM »

I would've liked The Last of Us more if it the ending didn't make it so obvious that all these characters you spend time learning about and CARING about -- and seeing all the shit they go through -- over the course of the game are just going to all end up dead within 70 years anyway. It's just like, what's the damn point?

You have a crafty way of reading into things Mesh.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5402 on: July 10, 2013, 08:22:55 PM »

70 years? I assume all the people I grew to care about in any game is going to be dead in 70 years. Most of them are at least in their early 20's after all.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5403 on: July 10, 2013, 08:35:48 PM »

I think that was the joke, Klutz...

...though you can never be quite sure with Mesh.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5404 on: July 10, 2013, 09:11:06 PM »

...ugh. :|

Change "characters" with "people". You see what I'm trying to say with that right?

You have a crafty way of reading into things Mesh.

Yeah sure. Making depressing comments and seeing things in a different perspective is something that I and anyone can do.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5405 on: July 10, 2013, 09:17:51 PM »

I thought it was just a bit of black humor...made me chuckle. :D

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5406 on: July 10, 2013, 09:49:04 PM »

I just spent a half-hour in Nocturne getting the perfect skill set on my Loki, but when I fused I got a damn fusion accident! BULL SHIT! I can't wait for  SMTIV where I don't have to do the fuse canceling to get the desired skill set. I can't believe some people moaned about that going away.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5407 on: July 10, 2013, 09:59:00 PM »

I can't believe some people moaned about that going away.

I can, but only if it's a moan of 'happiness'.
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5408 on: July 10, 2013, 10:10:50 PM »

More Borderlands 2. Taking my time with my wife and clearing all the missions. Great co-op fun. If anyone has it for Steam, look us up (Gár) . I am focusing on a good run through Persona 4 Golden as well.  Gaming is awesome for now.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5409 on: July 10, 2013, 11:19:21 PM »

Tales of Graces F

Just spent most of my 150,000 gald on the shuttle thing's equipment shop. Hoping I don't need any more gald for a while, or that I can dualize something good from local mob drops.

Also, quick note: Love that some of the vintage costumes change the battle/victory music. Mostly because so far all of Graces F's standard battle themes have been pretty shit.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 11:23:10 PM by Klutz64 » Logged
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5410 on: July 10, 2013, 11:30:11 PM »

Tales of Graces F

Just spent most of my 150,000 gald on the shuttle thing's equipment shop. Hoping I don't need any more gald for a while, or that I can dualize something good from local mob drops.

Also, quick note: Love that some of the vintage costumes change the battle/victory music. Mostly because so far all of Graces F's standard battle themes have been pretty shit.

But not Fodra's, right?  I weel cut-choo!!!

And yeah, I had Cheria's Natalia costume on a lot.

Played more Last of Us (I'm obsessed for some reason, it's ironic because I went in with "whatev" expectations... ever happen to you guys for a game or movie?).  One thing I like about this and Bioshock Infinite, while a lot of early PS360 games had a bad habit of "browning" their games for "realism", these try to make their games as bright and beautiful as possible.  Yay!

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5411 on: July 11, 2013, 12:21:36 AM »

PS360 games had a bad habit of "browning"

Oh god remember that other trend, where they used that /shader/ that made everything look like it was really greasy/covered in vaseline?

"whatev" expectations... ever happen to you guys for a game or movie?

All the damn time. Most recently, Baroque.

Briefly played LoL1. Getting better vibes from this than LoL2. The art's gorgeous. Also the song in the second forest is super reminiscent of Talking Heads - This Must be the Place.

Remembered that I should get back to Betrayal at Krondor.

Barely remember what games I was playing. Shenmue. SF3. Staring at a wall all day hurts your memory.

Happy to see that if you die on the second mission in a two-mission-without-saving run in SF3, you get sent back to the start of the mission you were actually on and don't have to redo both.

(Mental note: Mechanically like I like M&M7 and 8, but there's something lacking in their dungeon designs compares to 6. Less puzzley, more tedious, more focused on killing everything? More apparently checkboxy, like I was talking about with Morrowind. But I still like them).
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:59:59 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5412 on: July 11, 2013, 09:34:29 AM »

Tales of Graces F

But not Fodra's, right?  I weel cut-choo!!!

Yeah! I hadn't fought anything on Fodra before that post, and you're absolutely right. I quickly fell in love with that battle theme.
eXaX

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5413 on: July 11, 2013, 09:50:25 AM »

Lately, I've been playing Hotline Miami (PSVita) and 999 (DS) and I must say I like them both. I was quite surprised that I enjoyed Hotline Miami considering I merely bought it on an impulse. I had seen a couple of gameplay videos but wasn't that particularly interested. After reading a couple of reviews I though : "Ah f*ck it" and bought it. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the story of it. It felt weird and sick but in a intoxicating way. I actually started to care about Jacket despite him being a borderline sociopathic mass murderer (well, towards the end anyways). I'll be buying the second one when it's released.

And oh my god, 999. Finished it and got all the endings. Wow, the true ending is such a mindfuck. I must admit that I didn't quite enjoy the absolute final thing
Code:
finding Alice in the desert. Like what the hell ?
but since I haven't played the sequel I suppose the answers will be found there. Either way, I loved it, it was amazing (despite having to solve the damn tutorial puzzle 6 times).

Once I'm done in the final exam nonsense I'll go play the Virtue's Last Reward on Vita.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5414 on: July 11, 2013, 10:55:49 AM »

The ending was just a joke. The author has a strange sense of humor.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: