Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 05:21:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330171 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 405889 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5445 on: July 15, 2013, 04:04:08 PM »

After hearing all the good things about Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, I decided to give it a go. I am still playing Mass Effect 1 so the combat feels totally different.Don't plan on playing single player until I beat 1 and 2.  Yay for no overheating. The multiplayer is loads of fun so far. I am slightly below average when it comes to shooters but seem to be holding my own at least. My worry about being dead weight to the team doesn't seem to be valid at least. This is partly because I am only doing bronze levels at the moment but hopefully I will be able to do ok in silver next.

MP is fun - you don't necessarily need to be a shooty class, especially as you unlock more kits and have more choice. :) The problem with higher levels right now is finding lobbies, since a lot of people have left ME3MP by now, but you might still be okay on Silver. If you're totally comfortable on bronze at this point, give silver a shot anyway - you'll get more money and EXP that way.

Trying to finish my MGRR hard mode run before SMTIV tomorrow. Been unlocking and collecting lots of stuff on the way, and I think I have a plan for the final boss this time. Almost there...

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5446 on: July 15, 2013, 05:17:59 PM »

Beat Super Mario Galaxy 2 last week. The final Boswer battle music was exciting and gave me chills...too bad it was wasted on a dull duel. Perhaps the post game will provide something more engaging to make up for it.

Can't wait for Rune Factory 4!

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5447 on: July 15, 2013, 07:45:55 PM »

Final set of battles in Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis.  Looks like at least five in a row without saving in between.  Heaven help me....

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5448 on: July 15, 2013, 10:04:12 PM »

Just took down Duplewyrm in Graces F. Biggest things left to do are Riot Peak Master Class (Get to the final battle just fine then get destroyed in seconds), defeat Fobrawyrm, and finish getting caught up on requests. Secondary things I need to work on are stamps and gald farming for the Eleth Mods.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5449 on: July 16, 2013, 11:46:10 AM »

Spent the weekend sort of sick, and marathoning Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD. I loved the comic book styled sequencing instead of using cinematic (obviously PSP limitations) but it worked out real well. The story was good, and pretty much everything I expected in a Metal Gear game.

Now that's done and out of the way, I think I will have to tandem Trails in the Sky and Sleeping Dogs. FFXIII-2 will have to wait until after these two titles and after Tales of Xillia.

Did you go through the stuff after taking down Peace Walker? Because, its worth it if you do.

Yeah it was quite good. I only wish it were less grindy.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5450 on: July 16, 2013, 11:01:48 PM »

Arkham City is fun. I'm trying not to be too distracted by all the Riddler crap but I DO want to hit up some of the sidequests
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5451 on: July 16, 2013, 11:04:41 PM »

Arkham City is fun. I'm trying not to be too distracted by all the Riddler crap but I DO want to hit up some of the sidequests

I haven't played it for awhile, but I liked the guy who did the phone thing and you had to triangulate his location.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5452 on: July 16, 2013, 11:13:17 PM »

Besides the Batman movies this is the most I've been exposed to the DC universe. I love these villains.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5453 on: July 16, 2013, 11:24:28 PM »

Just took down Duplewyrm in Graces F. Biggest things left to do are Riot Peak Master Class (Get to the final battle just fine then get destroyed in seconds), defeat Fobrawyrm, and finish getting caught up on requests. Secondary things I need to work on are stamps and gald farming for the Eleth Mods.

The last dragon was a proper pain in the ass.

Played f*ck all today and read b*llshit instead. BOO.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5454 on: July 17, 2013, 12:44:09 AM »

Capcom vs. SNK 2 is now on PSN mah boys!!

natros

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5455 on: July 17, 2013, 10:23:51 AM »

I haven't played it for awhile, but I liked the guy who did the phone thing and you had to triangulate his location.

That was the first side quest thingee I finished, as it was the most fun, IMO. The one involving flying/maneuvering through the rings is fun, too.
I eventually grew tired of looking for the Riddler trophies. Too many to care about in the end. Started feeling like a fetch quest. I also remember getting annoyed with the sniper side quest pretty quickly. Too lazy and too short on free time to pursue it. Finished a few of the other side quests, but don't remember specifics, so they must not have been that rewarding.
Fantastic game over all, though. The combat system is a fuckin blast.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5456 on: July 17, 2013, 04:23:05 PM »

The last dragon was a proper pain in the ass.

Played f*ck all today and read b*llshit instead. BOO.

Better than picking up Megaman X Sev-BURBURBURN TO THE GRON BURN TO THE GROUND!N TOBURN TBURN TO THE GROUND!ND THBURN TO THE GROUE GBURBURN TO THE GROUND!N TO THE GROUND!ROUBURN TO THE GROUNDND!

By god though, this game feels so completely sluggish and clunky compared to every other X game (yes, including the GB/C X games). The weapons suck (and by proxy, Zero sucks), Axl sucks, the Seventh Armor sucks, the stages suck, and the camera sucks. But worst of all is that the primary upgrade mechanic is mostly tied to rescuing reploids again and it sucks since it takes 12 chips to fully upgrade a Maverick Hunter with half of the "upgrades" being spent on denerfing stuff like your dash speed, hover time, or charge time, a third of them are for mostly useless shit like upgrading the occasional buster pellet or saber slash instead of a flat damage upgrade or doing anything about charge attacks or increasing attack range which doesn't help anybody since enemies tend to spawn in close proximity to you, and the rest are stuff that actually qualify as upgrades in damage reduction or boosted healing from items.

Meanwhile, in less shitty game news. Project PXZ has finally started to get interesting in the win/lose conditions instead just rout everybody or defeat commander. Chapter 16 has you chasing down and defeating the 4 Stehoneys from dotHack before any one of them can make it to the goal at the end of the stage, and chapter 17 has you running around blowing up 5 statues within 15 turns. Its also been trying to alleviate your party size issues by dividing up your party for various chapters including 14, 15, and now 18. As for new recruits, I've only re-gotten Jin/Xiaou and the Shining Force chucklefucks in terms of teams while I've picked up Flynn, Princess Devilotte, Arthur, Lady, Batsu, and Imca in terms of solo characters (now that I have most of the game's playable units, the game is chucking the solo units at me to fill in the ranks).

And I still haven't gotten SMTIV yet but I suspect I will soon.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Jotacon
Contributing Editor

In the Name of the Moon, I will Punish you!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5457 on: July 17, 2013, 05:40:28 PM »

Let it be known in shame that I have beaten Megaman X7 two or three times in my life. I totally forgot about Flame Hyenard. You just gave me a hernia.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5458 on: July 17, 2013, 07:36:17 PM »

Let it be known in shame that I have beaten Megaman X7 two or three times in my life. I totally forgot about Flame Hyenard. You just gave me a hernia.

Don't you... don't you mean a hyenerniard?

Picked up SMTIV. My initial impressions are that it has a very nice box. The act of purchasing it was subpar as the gamestop clerk was complaining about the guy's hair and the price and I'm just thinking like dude you ain't got a thang on my blang.

I'll probably play it whenever I get a 3DS. Looking at October.

I'll probably play some videogames tonight when my apartment gets below 94 degrees and I don't have to worry about everything I own going into CORE MELTDOWN.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:38:21 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5459 on: July 17, 2013, 07:45:28 PM »

It was goofy for a little bit, then I realized what his gimmick was and promptly muted that fucker.

But yeah, this game just highlights Capcom's mistreatment of the franchise. Between the need to constantly spam MM titles, the complete lack of :effort: in converting the gameplay mechanics into 3D, the useless addition of Axl, and the boring ass excuse plot since the actual plot ended two games ago, really drive home just how little Capcom cared about the shebang.

Which is why they canned Inafune when he tried to make Legends 3 behind their backs (a year later and he could've just kickstartered the thing (and Capcom still probably would've come along and pulled the plug on him)). Which is why I generally give zero fucks about what Capcom does these days because how do I know they aren't just going to be spiteful, money-grubbing, assholes to something else I like yet again?

(Hell, I'd spite them with PxZ by not using any Capcom characters, but unfortunately, the Chun-li and Morrigan team is so far one of two teams with a female leading it (the other by Gemini from Sakura Taisen V, and I suspect that KOS-MOS will be one as well since T-elos is already bumming around and those two have more or less been reincarnated as Endless Frontier characters), plus they're one of the first teams to join. Then again, the only other Capcom teams I have right now are Frank West/Lei-Lei, Ryu/Ken, and Dante/Dimitri, two of which come with skills that boost mobility and the third which has already been falling behind due to not really bringing anything to the table. Also Frank West is too funny to bench ignore. And aside for Tron Bonne, I've only started to come into Capcom support characters recently with Princess Devilotte (who offers a cheap self heal to those who don't have one), Arthur (offers better experience gains), Lady (cheaper counters and a stat boosting spirit command), and Batsu (who could be left on the bench).)

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: