Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 08:15:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319027 Posts in 13030 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The NEW Game Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 490 Print
Author Topic: The NEW Game Journal  (Read 356395 times)
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5460 on: July 18, 2013, 02:08:16 PM »

Making my way through Sleeping Dogs at the moment, just about half way through the story line. It's enough to keep me interested, but I don't think I will do too many of the side quests/requests.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5461 on: July 19, 2013, 12:35:45 AM »

Ys - Got the Silver Sword. Gonna talk to the second Roda tree, fuck around with the NPCs in Barbado and Zepik again, then... I guess head to Darm?

Unlimited Saga - Started Mythe's quest. Thought the third story mission was excessively hard although the major fuck-you boss there is optional ie I should avoid that. Whups. Also sold one of his guns. Not sure if I should've done that... anyway, he got an axe panel, so I bought him an axe.

SSF4AE - I don't find playing this fun but I'm compelled to get better at it. My favorite part of the game is when I join an endless battle and get kicked immediately.

... How many times have I said that?

Need to stop dicking around and get back to Shining Force 3, Xenosaga, and Shenmue. Wasn't I going to play Sakura Wars this summer? Time really flies when I'm not visiting my parents every other weekend. Time really flies when I spend all day staring at a wall at work and waiting for it to stop.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 01:19:00 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5462 on: July 19, 2013, 01:00:59 AM »

Eternal Sonata:

I'm gonna quote Serenade.

PRINCE CRESCENDO
That's like half of her battle quotes.

Bonus dungeon takes years to complete.  It's really tedious.  I do like that the game just starts throwing millions of munnies your way when you hit the 10th floor.  So in one battle I made more than the whole game.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5463 on: July 19, 2013, 09:14:23 AM »

Today I'll be running the Lastalia Shaft and finishing L&L in Tales of Graces F for now. I decided after getting my ass handed to me by Poisson that I really didn't feel like learning how to abuse the Accel gauge right now and just want this game to be over.

I've also decided I have no desire to finish Ni no Kuni. I'm trying to make a conscious effort to recognize when I'm having fun and when I'm just slogging through something. I believe this will help me clear my back log much faster.

The only reason I did 100% of Vesperia is because that was really the only way to get all of the costumes. Now that you have to *buy* majority of the costumes, I don't really have much drive to go further. Honestly, I hope that doesn't stay a trend. Some of the Arena costumes in Vesperia were *magnificent*

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5464 on: July 19, 2013, 12:28:51 PM »

Today I'll be running the Lastalia Shaft and finishing L&L in Tales of Graces F for now. I decided after getting my ass handed to me by Poisson that I really didn't feel like learning how to abuse the Accel gauge right now and just want this game to be over.

I've also decided I have no desire to finish Ni no Kuni. I'm trying to make a conscious effort to recognize when I'm having fun and when I'm just slogging through something. I believe this will help me clear my back log much faster.

The only reason I did 100% of Vesperia is because that was really the only way to get all of the costumes. Now that you have to *buy* majority of the costumes, I don't really have much drive to go further. Honestly, I hope that doesn't stay a trend. Some of the Arena costumes in Vesperia were *magnificent*

Pascal and Hubert have the best Accel Gauge's, just make sure *you're* the one using Pascal's.  And yeah I had totake a few breaks from the game, despite loving it.... it's just so....damn....long!

And yeah..... I realized that about Ni no Kuni too.  I feel kinda sad because it means that damn kid's mother is just gonna stay dead. _

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5465 on: July 19, 2013, 12:36:43 PM »

I finished Tactics Ogre a few nights ago, so it's very, very likely I fire up the Wii for the first time in months.  Might even start XenoBlade, which I, uh, bought at launch. 

ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5466 on: July 19, 2013, 01:29:08 PM »

So I lied, I got side tracked into doing some side quests for Sleeping Dogs.

More than likely though, I will end up beating the game this weekend..probably sitting at 75% done for the story.

I like how this game doesn't force you to go and do all those other quests to propel the story (I'm looking at you Peace Walker)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5467 on: July 19, 2013, 07:57:30 PM »

Got the Van Helsing game from the Steam sale yesterday. If you like Diablo and Torchlight you WILL have good time. Check it out!

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5468 on: July 19, 2013, 09:27:29 PM »

I finished Tactics Ogre a few nights ago, so it's very, very likely I fire up the Wii for the first time in months.  Might even start XenoBlade, which I, uh, bought at launch. 

Wish I bought it at lunch. Can't find the game anywhere!

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5469 on: July 19, 2013, 10:06:52 PM »

Maxed out my experience levels in Ys 1. Can't be the third boss.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5470 on: July 19, 2013, 10:29:52 PM »

Which boss was this again? was it the Vampire boss that teleports to the most inconvenient spots?

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5471 on: July 19, 2013, 11:02:18 PM »

Successfully beat the final boss of L&L, though did not do so particularly gracefully (heh). Ended up using almost an entire stock of life bottles and just used three or four hourglasses to make it through the final 20% when she just goes nuts.

EDIT: Pretty sure I'm going to be permanently spoiled by the Eleth Mixer. If I have to remember to stock up on cooking ingredients in Xillia in order to cook in battle, I'm not going to be happy.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 11:09:14 PM by Klutz64 » Logged

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5472 on: July 20, 2013, 12:27:37 AM »

Which boss was this again? was it the Vampire boss that teleports to the most inconvenient spots?

Yeah, although he doesn't teleport, he turns into a cloud of fuck you. Still I think I got the pattern down. Doesn't seem you can heal in battle in Chronicles.

Also the rings don't help much against bosses and the regular enemies are starting to cause problems.

Basically I'm going to have to start getting accurate with my bumpin'.

Xeed totes needs to license the Dawn of Ys fanslation and do a virtual console release. Shame about Hudson probably owning the rights that and not being willing to localize, especially since the remake's coming out soon. Still, they're VASTLY different games, and the original Dawn of Ys has aged fantastically as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway what else.

USaga - Up tooo Nivacolina in Mythe's quest. Just got Grace. Absolutely no cash and I didn't get enough stones in the Lumina Stone quest (although winning that wasn't really the goal). Sapphire keeps getting crappy panel draws although Mythe and Tiffon are looking alright. Tiffon has level 2 locksmith so I SHOULD be able to start making money now. Also the yellow chest monsters are really prone to getting stunned with Throws. Getting my feel for the roulette timing back. Oh and I have L1? quick-fix on Mythe so if I'm careful I can keep my equipment floating around 20 durability. Sapphire ended up with L2 throw and I THINK she's in the low-weight martial arts bracket so I'll try to develop throws on her. Mythe has kick and axe. Tiffon has daggers.

Anyway, planning on game binging this weekend. Xenosaga and Shenmue are UP TEE DUP.

--- edit ---

Played Lufia 2 briefly. Reinforced my low opinion of 16-bit RPGs.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 01:33:27 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5473 on: July 20, 2013, 05:28:42 AM »

Yeah, although he doesn't teleport, he turns into a cloud of fuck you. Still I think I got the pattern down. Doesn't seem you can heal in battle in Chronicles.

Also the rings don't help much against bosses and the regular enemies are starting to cause problems.

Power Ring and Shield(?) Ring are the only rings that should be brought to boss fights anyways since they at least do something meaningful during boss fights.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5474 on: July 20, 2013, 05:48:26 AM »

I took Kyuusei's advice and tried Silver battles on ME3 multiplayer. The extra rewards are really helping raise my characters, the money more than the experience. I am really unlucky with what I receive from those packages.

Tried Red Dead Redemption multiplayer for the first time. I was just messing about when I received a posse invite. Since I was not planning on playing for long, I didn't accept it. The guy didn't take this well and hunted me down, killing me. I managed to return the favour and got the Red Dead Rockstar trophy for my troubles. Felt totally awesome. Although the multiplayer is fun, I don't think I will stick with it long.

Catherine was one of the games available on Playsation Plus this month so I decided to give it a try. The puzzle like gameplay is pretty fun  but challenging so far. I am not far enough in the story to comment on it.

Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 490 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: